The Giving Quilt: An Elm Creek Quilts Novel…

The Giving Quilt: An Elm Creek Quilts Novel (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Jennifer Chiaverini

Member:Judiex
Title:The Giving Quilt: An Elm Creek Quilts Novel
Authors:Jennifer Chiaverini
Info:Dutton Adult (2012), Hardcover, 336 pages

The Giving Quilt: An Elm Creek Quilts Novel by Jennifer Chiaverini (2012)

In this somewhat slow moving yet touching tale, parts of the story are interesting but much of it has too many unnecessary details. A eclectic group of quilters meet to make quilts to give away to needy kids. And one would expect details about quilt-making. But as we get the back stories on the quilters, we also get details about many other things, including problems with library-funding, cheer-leading, science projects, and back-stabbing. If you are interested all those various things, you might like this tale. But if you really don’t care how to make a load-transferring device with all its boring details, you might want to skip this book. ( )
  Maydacat | Nov 10, 2014 |
Another great Elm Creek Quilters novel by Jennifer Chiaverini! Each one takes you back to old friends and a place where time seems to tick by a little slower. A great holiday read! ( )
  Christina.Koss | May 10, 2014 |
  cmkoss | Apr 28, 2014 |
Jennifer did another great job with this book.

Reminding us how much we like the 'family' at Elm Creek Manor but brining in a new group of ladies for us to enjoy.
For the first time, as a non quilter, I was unable to follow the step of the quilt. But as a non quilter I just kind of skimmed over those pages as I was more interested in the friendships, etc. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Another nice, cozy novel in the Elm Creek Quilts series. For some reason I just really enjoy listening to Christina Moore narrate these. I don't think I enjoyed it as much as The Aloha Quilt, but I felt really invested in all of the characters and their stories. I hope I can find other Elm Creek Quilt novels available on audio through my library. ( )
  Tahleen | Feb 16, 2014 |

Jennifer Chiaveriniprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brand X Pictures/Thinkstockcover image of quilted fabricsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lee, WillCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Moore, ChristinaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Shutterstock.comCover image of colorful quilt detailsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Marty, Nicholas, and Michael,
who give me love, joy, happiness, and hope every day.
An empty teacup in one hand and a folder of papers tucked under her other arm, Sylvia shut the library doors and strode briskly down the hall to the grand oak staircase of Elm Creek Manor, mulling over the many tasks she had yet to complete in the solitary hour before her guests were due to arrive.

When the creative residents of Elm Creek gather the week after Thanksgiving to work on quilts for Project Linus, they respond to Sylvia's provocative questions to alleviate respective personal challenges and learn helpful lessons about the strength of human connections.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,388,683 books! | Top bar: Always visible