Everbound: An Everneath Novel by Brodi…

Everbound: An Everneath Novel (edition 2013)

by Brodi Ashton

Title:Everbound: An Everneath Novel
Authors:Brodi Ashton
Info:Balzer Bray (2013), Hardcover, 368 pages
Tags:best of 2013, arc, own, reviewed

Everbound by Brodi Ashton

A few instances of overwriting aside (but rare is the author that can escape it entirely), I really like Ashton's writing and style. This again, as expected, is a heavily romance-centric book, but well-written enough that I can enjoy it quite a lot. It's also not too melodramatic, given the huge events that are taking place: trying to save your boyfriend who took your place in the Everneath, fighting the elements, etc.

I think the characters are complex and well-developed, though one of my sidenotes would be that I would love to see characters like Jules and the family in more depth, rather than just Nikki, Jack, and Cole. Still, I do like them a lot. Also, as with [b:Everneath|9413044|Everneath (Everneath, #1)|Brodi Ashton|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1340210035s/9413044.jpg|14297146], a style I don't usually like that much works here for me: the sort of frame narrative that happens because most of the "real" romance is happening with someone who is inaccessible, for whatever reason.

The twists and turns still got to me, because I was totally in Nikki's head, but I think the antagonist is really well-developed. If not my favorite book of all time, this series/trilogy is definitely one of the better romance-heavy paranormal books I've seen in a while. ( )
  elephantine | Nov 27, 2015 |
In Brodi Ashton's breathtaking sequel to Everneath—about which New York Times bestselling author Ally Condie said, "Ashton's lovely storytelling and strong-on-her-own-terms main character set this one apart. Wonderful!"—Nikki must travel through the underworld to be reunited with the love of her life.

Ever since Nikki Beckett watched as her boyfriend, Jack, sacrificed himself to save her, taking her place in the dark Tunnels of the Everneath for eternity, she's been living a borrowed life. Desperate for answers, Nikki turns to Cole, the immortal bad boy who wants to make her his queen—and the one person least likely to help. But his heart has been touched by everything about Nikki, and he agrees to help in the only way he can: by taking her to the Everneath himself. Nikki and Cole descend into the Everneath, only to discover that their journey will be more difficult than they'd anticipated—and more deadly. But Nikki vows to stop at nothing to save Jack—even if it means making an incredible sacrifice of her own.

Inspired by the Persephone myth, the captivating first book in this series, Everneath, earned a VOYA Perfect Ten of 2011 and a Whitney Award!
  lkmuir | Nov 23, 2015 |
Great improvement since the first installment of this trilogy. This book had my heart pounding and kept me on edge to almost the last page. I can't wait for the next book! Cole is an amazing and complex character, I can never put my finger on what he's going to do next.

For my full book review, go to my blog here: http://brittanysbookrambles.blogspot.com/2013/01/everbound-book-review.html ( )
  bpress | Apr 20, 2015 |

[bc:Everbound|13115995|Everbound (Everneath, #2)|Brodi Ashton|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1359138201s/13115995.jpg|18289996]

I so love this cover! I can't wait for it to come out...ugh..The wait!!! Sigh.... I have a few series that Im into that I am having to wait for the next book to come out....And this is one of them...

I am trying to wait patiently..But its so hard! I am so impatient sometimes. :-(

Edit: 4/5/2013

Book Rating

Cover Rating

Finished the book at around 5 A.M. (EST-USA time) or so this morning....

And of course, I am still #TeamJack all the way! :-D

It's not something I would jump, scream and holler about..But I would recommend continuing on in the series with this book if you read and enjoyed Everneath....It is very much worth reading and getting through.

I am ready for the next book in the series...Evertrue...which isnt scheduled to come out until 2014...Such a long wait! Sheesh!

But hopefully, I will have some type of E-Reader (Kindle Fire-hopefully) and I will be able to read Neverfall soon as well.

MsBridgetReads | Jul 8, 2014 |
I wanted to read this one because I enjoyed the romance with Nikki and Jack in the first as well as the premise and nothing like the second books, lol.
This one actually managed to keep going from the last and although I felt a couple of sections were a little repetitive, it kept a good pace and my attention. The roles are reversed because of Jack's sacrifice at the end of the last book and knowing the truth about where he is, Nikki searches high and low for a solution to get to the Everneath and rescue him. This isn't as easy as it may sound, and to me still kinda impossible, but she is so dedicated to trying, and just receives dead ends and bad news at every turn.
But I really admired her dedication and loyalty. I can totally feel her guilt and grief over what Jack did for her, and given how things played out, and it was her that should be there, it doesn't really get any easier for her.
This was a pretty action packed book, as Nikki tries to find Jack along with some unexpected helpers. She has to face the shades as well as some of her own fears and insecurities because there are lots of things in the everneath that feed on emotions and that will give you a skewed view of things.
The ending was wild and I have some suspicions about the changes in one of the characters and was completely taken aback by the actions of another character and if you look back over the story you see how far back the deception went and I was just beginning to gain some more respect.
I can't wait for time to read the conclusion and I am thankful it is already released.

Bottom Line: Good second book that kept my attention. ( )
  brandileigh2003 | Jun 6, 2014 |

"Now that Nikki Beckett's boyfriend has been sucked into the tunnels of the Everneath, Nikki must journey down to the underworld to bring him back before he is lost forever."--

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,968,096 books! | Top bar: Always visible