Everbound: An Everneath Novel by Brodi…

Everbound: An Everneath Novel (edition 2013)

by Brodi Ashton

Member:DarkFaerieTales
Title:Everbound: An Everneath Novel
Authors:Brodi Ashton
Info:Balzer Bray (2013), Hardcover, 368 pages
Collections:Read
Rating:*****

Everbound by Brodi Ashton

TEEN REVIEWER: Brodi Ashton has created a delightful read with this second book of the Everneath trilogy. Her creativity at answering a reader's every question but not boring the reader is fantastic. She shows the many facets of a character's personality trhough plot twists and giving readers a glimpse of their past. The plot stays strong throughout and she leaves enough unsaid that book 3 will continue without floundering. over the course of the book and left enough unsaid that the third book would be able to continue without floundering.

This book is fit for any teen. The romantic element is a kiss and there are no graphic scenes. Borrow this book rather than buy it. You can't give this one as a gift without reading / buying book 1.

Pros: Well developed characters faced interesting choices - and not-so-predictable experiences - in this fantasy series for teens.

There's more to our review. Visit The Reading Tub®. While you’re there, add a link to your review.
  TheReadingTub | Feb 13, 2016 |

3.4
I finished this book in record time for me. Once it got moving, it raced through tunnels, lies, stolen hearts, mistreated family, selfish self centered actions and ulterior motives plus. Then it ends with a crappy ultimate revenge twist. What a screwed up mess this story is and I can't see any sane way to end this one. I am afraid to pick up the last book, it is going to get very nasty. But I will, I have to know if she gets her 'just desserts' in the end.

Yes, it sounds like I hated it, I didn't. I hated Nikki's actions towards her family, her friends, everyone around her was someone to be used or pacified so she could get her needs met. I don't want her to be happy, she does not deserve it, she is a waste of humanity.
Cole, I waffled from feeling sorry for him to thinking what a sneaky little Viking he is. He loves her does't he ? Perhaps he is just as tired of the 'old poor center of the universe Nikki routine" as I the reader am. Doesn't matter I liked him, he a bad boy and a Viking. Ding Ding winning my heart !
The rest of the cast was only involved to raise poor center of the universe Nikki up or for her to abuse in some way. They mostly where following her, begging her, or giving her advice, she needs and uses. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
A few instances of overwriting aside (but rare is the author that can escape it entirely), I really like Ashton's writing and style. This again, as expected, is a heavily romance-centric book, but well-written enough that I can enjoy it quite a lot. It's also not too melodramatic, given the huge events that are taking place: trying to save your boyfriend who took your place in the Everneath, fighting the elements, etc.

I think the characters are complex and well-developed, though one of my sidenotes would be that I would love to see characters like Jules and the family in more depth, rather than just Nikki, Jack, and Cole. Still, I do like them a lot. Also, as with [b:Everneath|9413044|Everneath (Everneath, #1)|Brodi Ashton|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1340210035s/9413044.jpg|14297146], a style I don't usually like that much works here for me: the sort of frame narrative that happens because most of the "real" romance is happening with someone who is inaccessible, for whatever reason.

The twists and turns still got to me, because I was totally in Nikki's head, but I think the antagonist is really well-developed. If not my favorite book of all time, this series/trilogy is definitely one of the better romance-heavy paranormal books I've seen in a while. ( )
  elephantine | Nov 27, 2015 |
In Brodi Ashton's breathtaking sequel to Everneath—about which New York Times bestselling author Ally Condie said, "Ashton's lovely storytelling and strong-on-her-own-terms main character set this one apart. Wonderful!"—Nikki must travel through the underworld to be reunited with the love of her life.

Ever since Nikki Beckett watched as her boyfriend, Jack, sacrificed himself to save her, taking her place in the dark Tunnels of the Everneath for eternity, she's been living a borrowed life. Desperate for answers, Nikki turns to Cole, the immortal bad boy who wants to make her his queen—and the one person least likely to help. But his heart has been touched by everything about Nikki, and he agrees to help in the only way he can: by taking her to the Everneath himself. Nikki and Cole descend into the Everneath, only to discover that their journey will be more difficult than they'd anticipated—and more deadly. But Nikki vows to stop at nothing to save Jack—even if it means making an incredible sacrifice of her own.

Inspired by the Persephone myth, the captivating first book in this series, Everneath, earned a VOYA Perfect Ten of 2011 and a Whitney Award!
  lkmuir | Nov 23, 2015 |
Great improvement since the first installment of this trilogy. This book had my heart pounding and kept me on edge to almost the last page. I can't wait for the next book! Cole is an amazing and complex character, I can never put my finger on what he's going to do next.

For my full book review, go to my blog here: http://brittanysbookrambles.blogspot.com/2013/01/everbound-book-review.html ( )
  bpress | Apr 20, 2015 |

"Now that Nikki Beckett's boyfriend has been sucked into the tunnels of the Everneath, Nikki must journey down to the underworld to bring him back before he is lost forever."--

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,725,365 books! | Top bar: Always visible