Everbound: An Everneath Novel by Brodi…

Everbound: An Everneath Novel (edition 2013)

by Brodi Ashton

Collections:Read
Rating:*****

Everbound by Brodi Ashton

10/21/2012

[bc:Everbound|13115995|Everbound (Everneath, #2)|Brodi Ashton|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1359138201s/13115995.jpg|18289996]

I so love this cover! I can't wait for it to come out...ugh..The wait!!! Sigh.... I have a few series that Im into that I am having to wait for the next book to come out....And this is one of them...

I am trying to wait patiently..But its so hard! I am so impatient sometimes. :-(

_______________________________________

Edit: 4/5/2013

Book Rating
4.5/5

Cover Rating
5/5

Finished the book at around 5 A.M. (EST-USA time) or so this morning....

And of course, I am still #TeamJack all the way! :-D

It's not something I would jump, scream and holler about..But I would recommend continuing on in the series with this book if you read and enjoyed Everneath....It is very much worth reading and getting through.

I am ready for the next book in the series...Evertrue...which isnt scheduled to come out until 2014...Such a long wait! Sheesh!

But hopefully, I will have some type of E-Reader (Kindle Fire-hopefully) and I will be able to read Neverfall soon as well.

MsBridgetReads | Jul 8, 2014 |
I wanted to read this one because I enjoyed the romance with Nikki and Jack in the first as well as the premise and nothing like the second books, lol.
This one actually managed to keep going from the last and although I felt a couple of sections were a little repetitive, it kept a good pace and my attention. The roles are reversed because of Jack's sacrifice at the end of the last book and knowing the truth about where he is, Nikki searches high and low for a solution to get to the Everneath and rescue him. This isn't as easy as it may sound, and to me still kinda impossible, but she is so dedicated to trying, and just receives dead ends and bad news at every turn.
But I really admired her dedication and loyalty. I can totally feel her guilt and grief over what Jack did for her, and given how things played out, and it was her that should be there, it doesn't really get any easier for her.
This was a pretty action packed book, as Nikki tries to find Jack along with some unexpected helpers. She has to face the shades as well as some of her own fears and insecurities because there are lots of things in the everneath that feed on emotions and that will give you a skewed view of things.
The ending was wild and I have some suspicions about the changes in one of the characters and was completely taken aback by the actions of another character and if you look back over the story you see how far back the deception went and I was just beginning to gain some more respect.
I can't wait for time to read the conclusion and I am thankful it is already released.

Bottom Line: Good second book that kept my attention. ( )
  brandileigh2003 | Jun 6, 2014 |
Having just finished the first two books of the "Legend" series, this was a bit of a let-down. I wanted to return to see what happened next with Jack and Nikki. I got a lot about Cole and Nikki instead (though there were a few nice Jack/Nikki vignettes). I was on the verge of breaking up with this book several times, until about 30%, when they finally went to the Everneath and things got fairly creative. I got engaged enough with the plot at that point to stick with it.

Ashton's not a bad writer, but I don't think she's really found her voice. 3 stars.

More here! ( )

Book Rating
4.5/5

Cover Rating
5/5

Finished the book at around 5 A.M. (EST-USA time) or so this morning....

And of course, I am still #TeamJack all the way! :-D

OBridget1 | May 4, 2014 |
For some reason, I didn't seem to fall on to the [b:Everneath|9413044|Everneath (Everneath, #1)|Brodi Ashton|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1340210035s/9413044.jpg|14297146] band wagon with everyone else - I struggled through it if I'm honest. In the end I managed the whole book but there was something, albeit small, that made me want to read the next. So, I took a deep breath and carried on, and I was pleasantly surprised!

Firstly, I loved how quickly [b:Everbound|13115995|Everbound (Everneath, #2)|Brodi Ashton|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1359138201s/13115995.jpg|18289996] got started, none of the nonsense and faff - just straight to it. I was soon captivated by the story line and the characters and, is it bad to admit, I'm a die hard Cole fan? I'm rooting for the bad guy. ;)

I think the thing that wowed me about this book was the uniqueness of it. I haven't read anything similar, so the story line was fresh and enjoyable - it was a perfect form of escapism.

So, it looks like I've fallen on the band wagon after all. You'll find me with the herd of sheep, eagerly awaiting [b:Evertrue|13626692|Evertrue (Everneath, #3)|Brodi Ashton|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1371053613s/13626692.jpg|19231983]; especially after that ending!

LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |

"Now that Nikki Beckett's boyfriend has been sucked into the tunnels of the Everneath, Nikki must journey down to the underworld to bring him back before he is lost forever."--

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,419,897 books! | Top bar: Always visible