Everbound: An Everneath Novel by Brodi…

Everbound: An Everneath Novel (edition 2013)

by Brodi Ashton

Info:Balzer Bray (2013), Hardcover, 368 pages
Collections:Read
Rating:*****

Everbound by Brodi Ashton

For some reason, I didn't seem to fall on to the [b:Everneath|9413044|Everneath (Everneath, #1)|Brodi Ashton|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1340210035s/9413044.jpg|14297146] band wagon with everyone else - I struggled through it if I'm honest. In the end I managed the whole book but there was something, albeit small, that made me want to read the next. So, I took a deep breath and carried on, and I was pleasantly surprised!

Firstly, I loved how quickly [b:Everbound|13115995|Everbound (Everneath, #2)|Brodi Ashton|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1359138201s/13115995.jpg|18289996] got started, none of the nonsense and faff - just straight to it. I was soon captivated by the story line and the characters and, is it bad to admit, I'm a die hard Cole fan? I'm rooting for the bad guy. ;)

I think the thing that wowed me about this book was the uniqueness of it. I haven't read anything similar, so the story line was fresh and enjoyable - it was a perfect form of escapism.

So, it looks like I've fallen on the band wagon after all. You'll find me with the herd of sheep, eagerly awaiting [b:Evertrue|13626692|Evertrue (Everneath, #3)|Brodi Ashton|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1371053613s/13626692.jpg|19231983]; especially after that ending!

LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
Book two in the Everneath series. Follows Nikki as she tries to rescue Jack from the Everneath without becoming trapped. I wasn't sure the entire time where the story was going with Cole and the ending was kind of a kicker! ( )
  SparklePonies | Mar 28, 2014 |
10/21/2012

[bc:Everbound|13115995|Everbound (Everneath, #2)|Brodi Ashton|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1359138201s/13115995.jpg|18289996]

I so love this cover! I can't wait for it to come out...ugh..The wait!!! Sigh.... I have a few series that Im into that I am having to wait for the next book to come out....And this is one of them...

I am trying to wait patiently..But its so hard! I am so impatient sometimes. :-(

_______________________________________

Edit: 4/5/2013

Book Rating
4.5/5

Cover Rating
5/5

Finished the book at around 5 A.M. (EST-USA time) or so this morning....

And of course, I am still #TeamJack all the way! :-D

It's not something I would jump, scream and holler about..But I would recommend continuing on in the series with this book if you read and enjoyed Everneath....It is very much worth reading and getting through.

I am ready for the next book in the series...Evertrue...which isnt scheduled to come out until 2014...Such a long wait! Sheesh!

But hopefully, I will have some type of E-Reader (Kindle Fire-hopefully) and I will be able to read Neverfall soon as well.

BridgetsBookNook | Feb 6, 2014 |
This book was great!!! Just when you start to trust something, you get a swift kick to the stomach, and back to reality. The ending was cliffy, but it wasn't too bad. I love that this book had more adventure than the first, yet it still had a good swoon aspect. The writing still kept the alternating past & present tense. Overall, an awesome read! ( )
  asgwilli | Dec 2, 2013 |
4.5 stars
While Everneath mostly takes place above ground, Everbound takes place in the underground, which is exactly what I had wanted... to finally explore the world of Everneath. This novel is an adventure-like, action-packed story through Everneath, with the Greek Mythology element playing a larger role. The same 3 characters that felt a little flat in the first book (Nikki, Cole, Jack), become multi-dimensional. I know what authors/screenwriters/storytellers are up to when they give the villain a little bit of heart, but it never fails to pull me in and make me more invested in the characters. ( )
  jacquiemak | Sep 22, 2013 |

"Now that Nikki Beckett's boyfriend has been sucked into the tunnels of the Everneath, Nikki must journey down to the underworld to bring him back before he is lost forever."--

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,466,274 books! | Top bar: Always visible