Heroes for My Daughter by Brad Meltzer

Heroes for My Daughter

by Brad Meltzer

Today - Tomorrow - and Future . . . .

Throughout history, there are far more than some fifty-five achievers ─ as we know. However, this author gives insight into the honors of fifty-five achievers. The details are short and easy to read. There is a two- page write up for each. Behind those pages, the reader will find a pictorial showing and a brief biography of their accomplishments. The people identified in the book are Heroes in their own personal way. Those for which the author elected to speak about may not have been ones’ you or I would have readily chosen as “Heroes”. Just to list a few, we’ll learn about people that are titled as: champion; icon; comedian; visionary; adventurer; leader; conservationist; angel; lawbreaker; pot stirrer; pioneer; rebel; and the list goes on and on and on. All in all, they are (in a special way) achievers that have gifted us with their accomplishments. Whenever a person makes a difference in what they do, truly, that is a testimony. And they are somebody’s Hero. Changing a life – Taking a stand – Giving a life; whatever their cause ─ I too salute them.

Now, as a recognized author, it may not have been his best work. But the story is one to be told and would be a great gift for educational purposes. Many of those mentioned may not have made it in our schoolbooks while growing up. But, they’re positioned in this book. For that which they've achieved they are Heroic Achievers. Thanks, Brad, for bringing light to these wonderful people. ( )
  Nina_N | Mar 26, 2014 |
This book is a wonderful read. I loved it and already gave it to my daughter to read. Every person(s) that Brad Meltzer chose for this book was a wonderful inspirational for anyone to read about. I loved that Brad had quotes from or about each hero and that he had people from his life that are his heroes. Great book. I absolutely loved it. ( )
  Caj828 | Apr 1, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061905267, Hardcover)

An inspiring collection of heroes from whom our daughters can learn to lead a fulfilling and impactful life

In Heroes for MyDaughter, the New York Times bestselling author Brad Meltzer brings together the stories of fifty-five remarkable people, a diverse set of individuals from across time and from all walks of life: artists and inventors, scientists and explorers, who each dedicated their life to making our world a better place. From Eleanor Roosevelt to Amelia Earhart, Anne Frank to Randy Pausch, Theodore Roosevelt to Lucille Ball, Rosa Parks to the passengers on United Flight 93, the lives of these men and women offer lessons to guide our daughters on their journey to adulthood—lessons sure to inspire them as they take their place as citizens in our society and in the world. The stories told in Heroes for My Daughter are perfect for mothers and daughters to read and treasure together.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:53 -0400)

Collects the stories of fifty-five extraordinary heroes and ideal role models for girls, including Abraham Lincoln, Marie Curie, Rosa Parks, Helen Keller, Anne Frank, Theodore Roosevelt, and the passengers of United Flight 93.

36 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,860,318 books! | Top bar: Always visible