An Apple for the Creature by Charlaine…
135None89,299 (3.57)2
Member:msbhaven
Title:An Apple for the Creature
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Other authors:Toni L. P. Kelner (Editor)
Info:Ace Hardcover (2012), Hardcover

An Apple for the Creature by Charlaine Harris (Editor) (2012)

I guess I had low expectations when it came to this book. I have no idea why although it was probably because of one of the contributing authors (her series has gotten more bizarre over the years) but I'm glad I read An Apple for the Creature because it was a joy to read.

The stories weren't particularly bone-chilling or terrifying but they made you tense and gave you a feeling of anticipation with every page turn. Even the cutesy stories like Pirate Dave and the Captain's Ghost. My favorites were Low School and Iphigenia in Aulis. The former is about a young girl harrowing day in a new high school and the latter describes a dystopian kind of world form a young girl's eyes.

This anthology was perfect to read near the end of October during Hurricane Sandy. ( )
  Y2Ash | Apr 16, 2014 |

Y2Ash | Apr 16, 2014 |
A surprisingly strong anthology, with great stories from some of my favorites (especially Ilona Andrews). ( )
  willowsmom | Jan 14, 2014 |
Ilona Andrews' story only ( )
  nutelena | Sep 25, 2013 |
I only read Magic Tests by Ilona Andrews. Julie is the narrator. She investigates a missing student at a magical school. Julie is really good in this story. She starts off as the annoying teenager that she is at the beginning. Once she starts to investigate this missing student all by herself, she starts to act like a person instead of the whiny teenager. It was nice to see this side of her. It also shows her potential as an investigator. She will be an asset to Kate's PI firm when she's older. Right now, she just needs to go to school and grow up. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |

Kelner, Toni L. P.Contributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Liu, Marjorie M.Contributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Maberry, JonathanContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sniegoski, Thomas E.Contributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

A collection of thirteen original stories that take academic anxiety to whole new realms.

130 wanted2 pay8 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,450,299 books! | Top bar: Always visible