Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess…

Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, Vol. 2) (edition 2002)

by Meg Cabot

Title:Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, Vol. 2)
Authors:Meg Cabot
Info:HarperTeen (2002), Mass Market Paperback, 272 pages

Princess in the Spotlight by Meg Cabot

English (43)  Spanish (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (45)
I really enjoyed the first book in this series and was pleasantly surprised when it was different from the movie, I was again happy to find that this installment is a continuation of the last diary and I really got into it. I sat down with this book to take a break from another one and ended up reading through it in one sitting.

Mia is still getting used to the princess thing and now she has so many other things to deal with. Slowly her life seems to be unraveling more that she thought it could and it doesn't help that her grandmother is the root of all the evil.

Reading Mia's diary is hilarious, it reads like a teenage girls inner monologue perfectly and it is an easy read since it is in diary entry style. I know that this isn't a long review but I don't want to spoil the first book or this one for anyone intending to pick it up. I can say that I will definetly be grabbing the next in the series. ( )
  sszkutak | Sep 28, 2016 |
I liked this episode more than the original.  It was a fun, quick read.  The turmoil in this episode was definitely entertaining and I enjoyed Mia trying to navigate all the changes in her life.  I also liked meeting Mia's maternal grandparents from Indiana, especially when both grandmothers team up.  Anne Hathaway did an excellent job, again, narrating the story. ( )
  jguidry | May 31, 2016 |
So, of course, none of the events of this book were in the movie. I mean, Mia's mom is pregnant in the 2nd movie, but I feel like now I can review the books without as much comparison. Except one thing...I really don't care for book Lilly. She's very mean to Mia a lot of the time and talks down to her which I don't care for. Other than that, I really did enjoy the book. Seeing what it'd be like to have a mom suddenly pregnant was fun because it sort of happened to me. I was 12 not 15, but it was a big surprise and something to adjust to. I also enjoyed the twists and turns in Mia's "love life" and meeting some more of her family. I'm definitely interested in continuing with the series. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I remember reading this series when I was so young in high school, I remember finishing homework and pretending to go to bed to read until falling asleep and sometimes reading them during math class. My mom always got them to me since I loved the movie so much. Great series for teenagers and girls who love princesses.
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
I love this book because its really interesting due to a normally ordinary girl transformed into a princess when she finds out her father is the prince of a European country. Good book for people aged 11-14. ( )
  wiktoria13 | Dec 28, 2015 |

Cabot, Megprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sealey, AmberReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Princess in the Spotlight aka Take Two

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0064472795, Mass Market Paperback)

Fifteen-year-old Mia Thermopolis, the witty, lovable star of Meg Cabot's The Princess Diaries, has had it with princess lessons, also known as torture sessions: "Do they really think anyone in Genovia cares whether I know how to use a fish fork? Or if I can sit down without getting wrinkles in the back of my skirt? Or if I know how to say 'thank you' in Swahili? Shouldn't my future countrymen be more concerned with my views on the environment? And gun control? And overpopulation?" To make matters worse, she's getting these lessons from Grandmère, a rather judgmental woman who dresses her pet in chinchilla bolero jackets and has eyeliner permanently tattooed on her eyelids. Princess in the Spotlight further records Mia's path to princessdom: her artist mother's relationship with her algebra teacher (how awkward), her forced television interview, broadcast to all of America (how humiliating), and her crush on her best friend Lilly's brother Michael (how excruciating). The result is another thoroughly entertaining diary of a very human, very self-deprecating, very unprincesslike princess. (Ages 12 and older) --Karin Snelson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:34 -0400)

Having recently discovered she is the sole heir to the throne of a tiny European principality, fourteen-year-old Manhattan resident Mia writes in her journal about her attempts to cope with this news, as well as with more typical teenage concerns.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,707,824 books! | Top bar: Always visible