Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess…

Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, Vol. 2) (edition 2002)

by Meg Cabot

Title:Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, Vol. 2)
Authors:Meg Cabot
Info:HarperTeen (2002), Mass Market Paperback, 272 pages

Princess in the Spotlight by Meg Cabot

English (38)  Spanish (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (40)
I really enjoyed the first book in this series and was pleasantly surprised when it was different from the movie, I was again happy to find that this installment is a continuation of the last diary and I really got into it. I sat down with this book to take a break from another one and ended up reading through it in one sitting.

Mia is still getting used to the princess thing and now she has so many other things to deal with. Slowly her life seems to be unraveling more that she thought it could and it doesn't help that her grandmother is the root of all the evil.

Reading Mia's diary is hilarious, it reads like a teenage girls inner monologue perfectly and it is an easy read since it is in diary entry style. I know that this isn't a long review but I don't want to spoil the first book or this one for anyone intending to pick it up. I can say that I will definitely be grabbing the next in the series. ( )
  sszkutak | Oct 2, 2015 |
A Book not to be taken too seriously! ( )
  bookandink | Aug 19, 2015 |
Almost as fun as the first book. In this book the characters of Mia's best friend Lily, Michael, and her father become more clear to the reader. ( )
  jlsimon7 | Mar 1, 2015 |
I'm trying to separate these characters from their movie versions. The names may be the same, but the people are different and, frankly, not as likable. Mia is oblivious and whiny, Lilly is overbearing and judgmental, and Grandmere truly sucks as a person. I adore Michael, and Mia's mom seems far more competent than Mia makes her out to be. I'll keep going, mostly to see if Mia gets herself together and if she and Michael figure their relationship out. ( )
  ladypembroke | Nov 22, 2014 |
Princess Mia is such a lovable and relatable character which makes the second installment of "Princess Diaries" fun and easy to read. I think almost every girl's dream is to be princess but not everyone looks like one which makes the book a peoples' book, something that is close to people's heart. I have no doubt that Mia would be a great ruler to Genovia. ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Mar 17, 2014 |

Meg Cabotprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sealey, AmberReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hathaway, AnneActresssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Princess in the Spotlight aka Take Two

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0064472795, Mass Market Paperback)

Fifteen-year-old Mia Thermopolis, the witty, lovable star of Meg Cabot's The Princess Diaries, has had it with princess lessons, also known as torture sessions: "Do they really think anyone in Genovia cares whether I know how to use a fish fork? Or if I can sit down without getting wrinkles in the back of my skirt? Or if I know how to say 'thank you' in Swahili? Shouldn't my future countrymen be more concerned with my views on the environment? And gun control? And overpopulation?" To make matters worse, she's getting these lessons from Grandmère, a rather judgmental woman who dresses her pet in chinchilla bolero jackets and has eyeliner permanently tattooed on her eyelids. Princess in the Spotlight further records Mia's path to princessdom: her artist mother's relationship with her algebra teacher (how awkward), her forced television interview, broadcast to all of America (how humiliating), and her crush on her best friend Lilly's brother Michael (how excruciating). The result is another thoroughly entertaining diary of a very human, very self-deprecating, very unprincesslike princess. (Ages 12 and older) --Karin Snelson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:34 -0400)

Having recently discovered she is the sole heir to the throne of a tiny European principality, fourteen-year-old Manhattan resident Mia writes in her journal about her attempts to cope with this news, as well as with more typical teenage concerns.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,861,266 books! | Top bar: Always visible