Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess…

Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, Vol. 2) (edition 2002)

by Meg Cabot

Member:psychedelicmicrobus
Title:Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, Vol. 2)
Authors:Meg Cabot
Info:HarperTeen (2002), Mass Market Paperback, 272 pages

Princess in the Spotlight by Meg Cabot

English (36)  Spanish (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (38)
Almost as fun as the first book. In this book the characters of Mia's best friend Lily, Michael, and her father become more clear to the reader. ( )
  jlsimon7 | Mar 1, 2015 |
I'm trying to separate these characters from their movie versions. The names may be the same, but the people are different and, frankly, not as likable. Mia is oblivious and whiny, Lilly is overbearing and judgmental, and Grandmere truly sucks as a person. I adore Michael, and Mia's mom seems far more competent than Mia makes her out to be. I'll keep going, mostly to see if Mia gets herself together and if she and Michael figure their relationship out. ( )
  ladypembroke | Nov 22, 2014 |
Princess Mia is such a lovable and relatable character which makes the second installment of "Princess Diaries" fun and easy to read. I think almost every girl's dream is to be princess but not everyone looks like one which makes the book a peoples' book, something that is close to people's heart. I have no doubt that Mia would be a great ruler to Genovia. ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Mar 17, 2014 |
A Book not to be taken too seriously! ( )
  ShreeJan | Jul 29, 2013 |
I definitely liked this book better than its prequel. Character development kicks into high gear. Mia is progressing with her lessons, and her struggle with them is probably what prevents her from becoming completely self-absorbed. Lilly is... meh. She's got some serious exploitative flaws that make me dislike her as a friend. First and foremost, though, I will always love the romance with Michael. It has its issues and they're not perfect, but they find value in what they have anyway, and I really like that. Good job, Meg Cabot! ( )
  frozenplums | May 3, 2013 |

Meg Cabotprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sealey, AmberReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hathaway, AnneActresssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0064472795, Mass Market Paperback)

Fifteen-year-old Mia Thermopolis, the witty, lovable star of Meg Cabot's The Princess Diaries, has had it with princess lessons, also known as torture sessions: "Do they really think anyone in Genovia cares whether I know how to use a fish fork? Or if I can sit down without getting wrinkles in the back of my skirt? Or if I know how to say 'thank you' in Swahili? Shouldn't my future countrymen be more concerned with my views on the environment? And gun control? And overpopulation?" To make matters worse, she's getting these lessons from Grandmère, a rather judgmental woman who dresses her pet in chinchilla bolero jackets and has eyeliner permanently tattooed on her eyelids. Princess in the Spotlight further records Mia's path to princessdom: her artist mother's relationship with her algebra teacher (how awkward), her forced television interview, broadcast to all of America (how humiliating), and her crush on her best friend Lilly's brother Michael (how excruciating). The result is another thoroughly entertaining diary of a very human, very self-deprecating, very unprincesslike princess. (Ages 12 and older) --Karin Snelson

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:00:58 -0400)

Having recently discovered she is the sole heir to the throne of a tiny European principality, fourteen-year-old Manhattan resident Mia writes in her journal about her attempts to cope with this news, as well as with more typical teenage concerns.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,177,738 books! | Top bar: Always visible