The Girl's Still Got It: Take a Walk with…

by Liz Curtis Higgs

Member:gcwpapillon
Title:The Girl's Still Got It: Take a Walk with Ruth and the God Who Rocked Her World
Authors:Liz Curtis Higgs
Info:WaterBrook Press (2012), Paperback, 240 pages
Rating:*****

The Girl's Still Got It: Take a Walk with Ruth and the God Who Rocked Her World by Liz Curtis Higgs

What a delightful, sweet book. It gave me reasons to rejoice for what God has done and continues to do in my own life. It gave me instruction on how to love, obey and serve in a way that honors God. Through Liz's eyes, I saw myself in Naomi and a desire to be more like Ruth. It also made me fall just a little in love with Boaz! So, my list of desired qualities in a man just became very simple..... To be a man of God with the character of Boaz! ( )
  slhayes | Jul 2, 2016 |
Outstanding study of the Book of Ruth. Very well written and researched. Liz Curtis Higgs writes with passion and like she is talking to the reader personally. I loved this book so much I gave copies to the library where I work and to various friends. ( )
  misshiss | Dec 10, 2012 |
The Girl's Still Got It: Take a walk with Ruth and the God who rocked her world, By Liz Curtis Higgs

The back cover reads:
Walk with Ruth as she travels from Moab to Bethlehem, certain of her calling, yet uncertain of her future. Hold Naomi's hand and watch love put the pieces of her broken life back together. And hang out with Boaz, their kinsman-redeemer, who blesses both women and honors God, big time. With best-selling author Liz Curtis Higgs by your side, you'll tarry in the corners of their homes, listening to their conversations, and consider every word of every verse until you can say, "I totally get the book of Ruth. And I see what God is trying to teach me through this rags-to-riches redemption story-He has a plan for my life."

Having enjoyed other books by Liz Curtis Higgs, I was excited to give this book a try.
From the moment I picked the book up I was in aw! Not only does Liz break down the bible verses, explaining was they mean, but she gives such a great look at the culture of that time! I felt like I was reading a history book at times, amazing!
The book presents like a bible study, with a study guide in the back. It could be read as a devotional, with wonderfully written chapters. The book offers information on Ruth and Naomi's cultures, traditions, and the what nots of that day.
After the contents list, there's a map, there are also discussion questions in the back as well.

As as usual, Liz Curtis Higgs, offers her, often amusing, narrative of through the story. Liz really makes the story come to life!

Though written for women, I would recommend this book for any gender and any age. In fact, my dad loves the story of Ruth and is planning on reading this book. As personal use or as a group study, this book is a mush read! ( )
  gcwpapillon | Sep 20, 2012 |
Liz Curtis Higgs at her finest, as usual. What an excellent in-depth look at the book of Ruth! Boaz...what a man! Ruth...what a woman! Noami...you may have lost much but boys you gained 10x more! Our God is an AWESOME God!

A great book to read, especially when you need a little encouragement. I highly recommend this book. ( )
  Books007 | Aug 29, 2012 |

You know Ruth's story. Now meet her in person. And prepare to be changed. With Higgs by your side, you'll tarry in the corners of ancient houses, and consider every word of every verse until you can say, "I totally get the book of Ruth. And I see what God is trying to teach me through this rags-to-riches redemption story-- he has a plan for my life."… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,550,673 books! | Top bar: Always visible