Worst-Case Scenario Ultimate Adventure #2:…

Worst-Case Scenario Ultimate Adventure #2: Mars!

by Hena Kahn

193537,190 (3)None

BRCSBooks | May 5, 2014 |
this book was about what you would do if you were going to mars.
i think that it is fun to read and "play". ( )
  tiger.rose | Nov 11, 2013 |
As the youngest member of a crew of astronauts headed to the planet Mars you have a lot to prove. Not only will you be faced with keeping your crew alive, but potentially aiding in the continued survival of the human race that will soon be colonizing the red planet. You will have to read up on the many conditions of space travel as well as the environmental aspects of Mars in hopes that you will survive to return home to planet earth as a successful adventurer and astronaut.

It seems as though I’m making up for lost time with my recent reads of the “choose-your-own-adventure” style books. In the past two years I’ve read a minimum of two a year and sometimes more. As an adult I find them incredibly fun though obviously not my first choice for my personal reading I can absolutely see how they appeal to young readers. If I had been exposed to these type of books as a ten (or so) year old I’m positive I would have devoured as many as I could have gotten my hands on. Worst-Case Scenario Ultimate Adventure #2: Mars! is no exception to this and I’m thoroughly excited to share the series with my own kiddos, my son especially.

So, what exactly about Worst-Case Scenario Ultimate Adventure #2: Mars! in particular do I think would appeal to my son specifically? Without a doubt I know the non-fiction aspects of the story would grab him right away. At some point they may appeal to my daughter as well, but her interest in non-fiction type material has yet to emerge. My son on the other hand is constantly on the lookout for new bits of information to devour and this would be perfect. In the back of Worst-Case Scenario Ultimate Adventure #2: Mars! there is a helpful “Expedition File” that includes information about everything from the way to determine north and south while on Mars by the stars to how to survive a dust storm to the types of robotic machines and more. It’s fantastic! With the addition of the story you determine by making certain choices this is easily a book that could be read over and over and over again for hours of reading fun.

Adventures in space and an outcome determined by the reader, the edition of Worst-Case Scenario Ultimate Adventure #2: Mars! by David Borgenicht is sure to be a hit with young readers who love learning. Having myself only read a couple of the choose-your-own-adventure type books I can only judge them based on my limited exposure to them and husband’s experiences reading them in his youth. But having said that I’d easily say this would be a top choice among today’s versions of the chose-your-own-adventure books! Worst-Case Scenario Ultimate Adventure #2: Mars! was captivating as well as educational and each of the scenarios you are placed in require more than simply guessing which way to go. I’d highly recommend this as well as the other books in this series by Chronicle Books to young adventure seekers who love a little bit of fun learning mixed with their reading!

My original review was posted at There's A Book. ( )
  the1stdaughter | Nov 24, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 081187124X, Hardcover)

Join the youngest crew of astronauts ever to make the trip to Mars! Faced with fearsome dangers and difficult decisions, your choices will determine your fate on the Red Planet. Will you achieve the mission and return home to Earth safely, successfully earning the title of the youngest astronaut ever to make it to Mars? Or will you be forced to turn back early? This thrilling adventure offers twenty-two possible endings, but only ONE leads to the ultimate success! With eye-catching comic book style illustrations and information based on scientific facts related to Mars and space exploration, young readers will be over the moon with this entertaining addition to the Worst-Case Scenario series!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:30 -0400)

As a member of a young crew of astronauts on Mars, the reader is faced with real dangers and must make decisions that will determine the success of the mission.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,967,110 books! | Top bar: Always visible