Wait For Me by Elisabeth Naughton

Wait For Me (edition 2011)

by Elisabeth Naughton

Tags:amnesia, coma, deception

Wait For Me by Elisabeth Naughton

Wait for Me
4 Stars

Awakening from a coma and suffering from amnesia, Kate Alexander’s life turns upside down once again when her husband dies and she learns that everything he has told her about their past is a lie. Now Kate must set out on a journey to discover her true identity as another man’s wife and mother to his daughter not to mention the truth about what really happened to her.

Although classified as romantic suspense, Wait for Me is more of a contemporary romance with a smidgeon of suspense as the investigation into Annie/Kate’s disappearance takes a back seat to the to emotional angst of Kate’s reunion with her family and especially with her husband, Ryan.

Kate and Ryan’s relationship is the focus of the story. She is a resilient heroine and the straightforward manner in which she goes about uncovering the truth and fitting in with her old/new family adds an element of realism to a plot that would otherwise require a large dose of suspension of disbelief.

Ryan suffered tremendously from the loss of his wife and as such finds it difficult to reconcile the person she once was with the woman she has become. He is understandably angry and belligerent, but slowly comes to realize that he will have to change if he wants to keep the woman he has always loved. The fact that he and Kate do not immediately fall into each others’ arms and declare undying love for one contributes to the intensity of their romance as they begin to fall in love all over again.

As said, the mystery is secondary and the solution, which is rather far-fetched, comes somewhat out of the blue. Nevertheless, I did manage to guess the culprit, mainly because all other suspects are quickly removed, and the climax is exciting and satisfying.

The secondary romance between Annie/Kate’s brother, Mitch and her lawyer, Simone is sweet but I’m not sure it is interesting enough to read the sequel. I guess only time will tell.

All in all, a solid read with a compelling premise and engaging characters. Fans of Elisabeth Naughton will not be disappointed. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Jun 1, 2016 |
In truth, the writing itself was mostly 3 Stars, but I had some real problems with Wait For Me.

- I credit the innovative storyline, which didn't live up to its promise.
- perhaps the writer needed a good editor to catch the very many repetitive phrases
- the sexual scenes weren't badly written, but bordered on gratuitous
- principal characters weren't believable (the husband blaming the amnesiac wife for her actions; the wife's indecisiveness; less than emotional connection with her parents; unbelievable reaction of the daughter and many more examples can be cited)
- pacing started off well, but tanked at the end
- confusing and ho-hum denouement

I can't recommend this book, except as filler beach reading. ( )
  Zumbanista | May 21, 2016 |
I hemmed and hawed about giving this book four star; and then realized I was pathetically happy to be reading something other than McCammon's Swan Song. This is a good book...not exceptional, but definitely worth the time. The story suffers from coincidence fairies. In my head, there are a lot of "if/then/else" statements while reading this. It's a fast read; and enjoyable for what it is. ( )
  lesmel | Dec 31, 2015 |
Per i miei gusri 8 parti di rosa e 2 di thriller sono pochini. Comunque si legge anche se non mi ha entusiasmata. ( )
  Angela.Me | Nov 9, 2015 |
4.5 stars!
Wow! This book! You must read it! I loved it from the very first chapter to the very perfect end! Its not your typical love story. This book is action and love mixed with a great background and build up. I have flounced at least 5 books before finding this one and boy was I glad! The author wrote well rounded characters and a believable story line. I had goosebumps several times during this story and wasn't disappointed once!

One thing I love about this book is Ryan. Ryan is the main male character. Of course he is hot and buff and rich...however, the author doesn't have him say cheese lines and drag in every hot woman for him to bed. No, he uses one women to fill his time since he lost Annie. But Annie never left his heart and when "Kate" shows up, he is not shy about letting his feelings known. How do you get from Annie to Kate? Hmmm, good question! You see, Annie is Kate and Kate is Annie and Ryan loves her forever! Intrigued? That's only the beginning and its not all roses and sunshine. Enter murder, lies, and shady deals. Read it!!

ysar | Jul 8, 2015 |

After her husband's death, a woman with amnesia discovers evidence of a missing child. She takes her young son and investigates, following clues to San Francisco and, eventually, to a previous husband and daughter, while teasing out clues to her missing memories and chaotic feelings.… (more)

33 wanted1 pay1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,307,855 books! | Top bar: Always visible