Wait For Me by Elisabeth Naughton

Wait For Me (edition 2011)

by Elisabeth Naughton

Collections:Romantic Intrigue
Rating:***
Tags:amnesia, coma, deception

Wait For Me by Elisabeth Naughton

In truth, the writing itself was mostly 3 Stars, but I had some real problems with Wait For Me.

- I credit the innovative storyline, which didn't live up to its promise.
- perhaps the writer needed a good editor to catch the very many repetitive phrases
- the sexual scenes weren't badly written, but bordered on gratuitous
- principal characters weren't believable (the husband blaming the amnesiac wife for her actions; the wife's indecisiveness; less than emotional connection with her parents; unbelievable reaction of the daughter and many more examples can be cited)
- pacing started off well, but tanked at the end
- confusing and ho-hum denouement

I can't recommend this book, except as filler beach reading. ( )
  Zumbanista | May 21, 2016 |
I hemmed and hawed about giving this book four star; and then realized I was pathetically happy to be reading something other than McCammon's Swan Song. This is a good book...not exceptional, but definitely worth the time. The story suffers from coincidence fairies. In my head, there are a lot of "if/then/else" statements while reading this. It's a fast read; and enjoyable for what it is. ( )
  lesmel | Dec 31, 2015 |
Per i miei gusri 8 parti di rosa e 2 di thriller sono pochini. Comunque si legge anche se non mi ha entusiasmata. ( )
  Angela.Me | Nov 9, 2015 |
4.5 stars!
Wow! This book! You must read it! I loved it from the very first chapter to the very perfect end! Its not your typical love story. This book is action and love mixed with a great background and build up. I have flounced at least 5 books before finding this one and boy was I glad! The author wrote well rounded characters and a believable story line. I had goosebumps several times during this story and wasn't disappointed once!

One thing I love about this book is Ryan. Ryan is the main male character. Of course he is hot and buff and rich...however, the author doesn't have him say cheese lines and drag in every hot woman for him to bed. No, he uses one women to fill his time since he lost Annie. But Annie never left his heart and when "Kate" shows up, he is not shy about letting his feelings known. How do you get from Annie to Kate? Hmmm, good question! You see, Annie is Kate and Kate is Annie and Ryan loves her forever! Intrigued? That's only the beginning and its not all roses and sunshine. Enter murder, lies, and shady deals. Read it!!

ysar | Jul 8, 2015 |
I really liked the plot of this romantic suspense and the secondary romance was nice but sometimes the hero seemed a little too angry then the heroine a bit too stubborn, still overall a pretty good story. Kate's husband dies and she finds clues about her life before amnesia that lead her to widow Ryan.

Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |

After her husband's death, a woman with amnesia discovers evidence of a missing child. She takes her young son and investigates, following clues to San Francisco and, eventually, to a previous husband and daughter, while teasing out clues to her missing memories and chaotic feelings.… (more)

26 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,830,768 books! | Top bar: Always visible