Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel by Sylvia…

Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Sylvia Day

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
1,3641535,625 (3.72)20
Title:Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel
Authors:Sylvia Day
Info:Berkley Trade (2012), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:Your library

Work details

Bared to You by Sylvia Day (2012)

  1. 11
    The Harem by Thomas Sweeney (Emma-Reads)
  2. 01
    Twenty Tones of Red by Pauline Montford (PaulineMontford)
    PaulineMontford: Both books share the same erotic intensity and life-affirming sensuality.

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 20 mentions

English (144)  Spanish (2)  Italian (2)  Catalan (1)  All languages (149)
Showing 1-5 of 144 (next | show all)
Primul volum al trilogiei ”Crossfire” s-ar putea numi ușor ”Tineri și neliniștiți”, sintagmă care dacă nu ar fi fost deja folosită pentru un serial al cărui succes încă mă șochează, ar fi făcut onoare cuplului Eva Tramell-Gideon Cross. Poate ar trebui să spun că romanul, în esența lui, este unul excitant însă nu erotic…cel puțin nu erotismul m-a ”controlat” pe mine pe parcursul celor 300 de pagini, ci dorința de a ajunge la o împlinire, cumva modernă, a basmelor lui Disney.

Eva Tramell, supravegheată atent de o mamă posesivă, apărată de un tată vitreg putred de bogat și violată de fratele ei vitreg în copilărie, face eforturi să trăiască o viață normală alături de colegul ei de cameră, Cary, într-un apartament din New York. Obține o slujbă cu perspective multiple, care îi oferă nu atât confort FINANCIAR cât mai ales șansa de a se îndrăgosti de un bărbat care eclipsează întreg New York-ul printr-o simplă apariție publică. Gideon Crossfire, frumos, pedant, incredibil de sexy și putred de bogat. Idila nu începe niciodată, dar continuă cu fiecare încrucișare de priviri.

”“Are you sleeping with anyone?”
The question was asked so casually it took a second to process what he’d said. I inhaled sharply. “Why is that any business of yours?”
He looked at me and I saw what I’d seen the first time we’d met—tremendous power and steely control. Both of which had me taking an involuntary step back. Again. At least I didn’t fall this time; I was making progress.
“Because I want to fuck you, Eva. I need to know what’s standing in my way, if anything.” ” (Gideon Cross, Eva Tramell)

Printre partidele de sex consumate și dezvoltate în limuzina personală a lui Cross, în apartamentul lui obscen de luxos, în lift, în biroul lui, în biblioteca reședinței părinților lui (și lista poate continua dar ați prins ideea), cei doi dezvoltă o relație de co-dependență pe care o folosesc pentru a demonstra lumii, și lor înșilor, că doi oameni care se apropie pentru motivele cele mai greșite, pot să rămână împreună în ciuda predicțiilor oricărui terapeut. Eva trece de la agonie la extaz, balansându-se printre femeile care roiesc în jurul lui Gideon și atracția lui obsesivă pentru ea. Gideon este reprezentativ pentru o tipologie masculină aspru judecată de tinerele lipsite de profunzime. El împarte femeile în două categorii: prietenele cu care nu are taine la așternut, și cele cu care doar atât are. Regulile se schimbă însă când o întâlnește pe Eva și înțelege că doar sexul nu va fi suficient ca să o păstreze însă va fi mereu o modalitate pentru a o controla.
“You forget who submits, Eva,” he said gruffly. “I’ve given up control for you. I’ve bent and adjusted for you. I’ll do anything to keep you and make you happy. But I can’t be tamed or topped. Don’t mistake indulgence for weakness.”
Gelozia, traumele unei copilării nefericite, posesivitatea, obsesia, toate sunt coordonatele relației dintre Eva și Gideon iar disperarea care se naște pe parcursul interacțiunilor lor este mai mult decât justificată de demonii cu care se luptă fiecare. ( )
  IrinaMariaTracy | Oct 14, 2016 |
If you liked "Fifty Shades of Grey" you will love this book.

It is basically a similar story. A young woman works for sexy Gideon Cross's ( a well off business man) company. When they meet they feel instantly connected. Their love grows stronger and deeper, but they are still haunted by their troubled pasts. Between Ex's and drama this book will keep you wanting more. It is erotic and it tends to make you crave a full on consuming relationship like the one in the book. ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Oct 7, 2016 |
Humm... Flew through this but I think it was just because I happened to have the time on my hands to do so... People are right about this book being with Fifty Shade of Grey wants to be, but isn't. Near the end I began getting whiplash from the back and forthing the H/H were doing. I was about as confused as the heroine, but for different reasons I think. The end was very abrupt as well. There was no mini-resolution, nor did it give a cliff-hanger to lead into the next book. I just got to the last chapter, turned the page and it was an ad for the next book. Probably read the next one, just because of the side characters. The writing isn't too bad, although near the end the dialog becomes a little... wooden? Insincere? Emo? All of the above?

Sidenote - Why do all of these popular book lately have such damaged H/H's? Fifty Shades, Bared to You, Black Butterfly, Beautiful Disaster? Kinda getting tired of it myself... Only so much depressing I can take, ya know? ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |

I hate when someone compares a book or series to 50 Shades of Gray! Let, me tell you I almost did not pick up this brilliant series because of that.

I did not think it had anything to do with Fifty and Gideon was a brilliant character. I loved him and when I say I loved him I mean that I thought he was sexy, brilliant, and everything that I would ask for in my "Book Boyfriend". I love the damaged souls.
I also thought Eva was a pretty special Heroine. I thought that she was brilliant although there were several times I wanted to yell "Crossfire" at her myself because she needed to give Gideon a safe word.

I loved Fifty but, I also thought this book was brilliant in its own! I will be reading the next book in the series.
( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
On of my favorite books ever. The first one I've read twice back to back. Loved it and can't wait for the rest of the trilogy. I hope as is the case for the Shades of Gray trilogy that it will only get better and better through the next two books. ( )
  unfufu | Jul 13, 2016 |
Showing 1-5 of 144 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Information from the Italian Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Alternative titles
Original publication date
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Information from the Russian Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
This one is for Dr. David Allen Goodwin.
My love and gratitude are boundless.
Thank you, Dave. You saved my life.
First words
"We should head to a bar and celebrate."
(page 106)

(page 173)

(page 174)

Sorry. Have plans.
(page 206)

(page 267)

In celebration of red dresses and limo rides.


In honor of black & white garden party dresses
and being dragged into libraries . . .

Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Publisher series
Information from the Italian Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Original language

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (1)

Book description
Back Cover:

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness-beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...
Haiku summary

No descriptions found.

Eva Trammel, plagued by her own insecurities, is drawn into an intense, obssessive relationship with the wealthy and arrogant Gideon Cross.

(summary from another edition)

» see all 7 descriptions

LibraryThing Author

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

profile page | author page

Quick Links

Swap Ebooks Audio
46 avail.
303 wanted
7 pay15 pay

Popular covers


Average: (3.72)
0.5 4
1 28
2 38
2.5 5
3 101
3.5 24
4 162
4.5 12
5 145


An edition of this book was published by Audible.com.

See editions

Penguin Australia

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

» Publisher information page


You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,816,194 books! | Top bar: Always visible