Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel by Sylvia…

Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Sylvia Day

Member:ajwseven
Title:Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel
Authors:Sylvia Day
Info:Berkley Trade (2012), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:***

Bared to You by Sylvia Day (2012)

The Harem by Thomas Sweeney (Emma-Reads)
    Twenty Tones of Red by Pauline Montford (PaulineMontford)
    PaulineMontford: Both books share the same erotic intensity and life-affirming sensuality.

English (135)  Spanish (2)  Italian (2)  Catalan (1)  All languages (140)
If you have read Fifty Shades of Grey then you will probably like Bared to You, haven't read shades of grey myself but I know that they are exactly alike. (I read several chapters of grey but couldn't get into.)

In Bared To You both the male and female protagonists have emotional scars from their past and no experience with healthy romantic relationships to speak of, and in turn it affected they way they, or more so Gideon Cross, dealt with relationships. Gideon is a powerful business tycoon that has never had a girlfriend and prefers to date brunettes but Eva isn't a brunette. The book delves more into Eva Hammel's past experience but Gideon didn't open up much about his own, but as the story progresses you can kinda put two and two together. Maybe the next book will delve more into what drives Gideon. Gideon needs control and prefers to be the dom, (his own words) and for his partner to be submissive.

In my opinion I prefer Gideons's character over Christian Grey's, Gideon didn't come off as arrogant and he treated Eva with a lot more respect. (Did read several chapters of Fifty Shades but couldn't get into it.)

The secondary characters are very interesting and some are funny, they helped to create a good backdrop to the story.
  GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
So this book had a lot of sex.

It was basically relationship drama.
Relationship drama.
Relationship drama.
And so forth.

This was definitely better than Fifty Shades of Grey. I liked it but I wasn't blown away by it. I wanted more BDSM type of sex than what I got. But I suspect that will be developed in the other books. ( )
  jessicadelellis | Mar 26, 2016 |
I was late to the party reading this book - its ok, I don't hang with the crowd in most cases.
I will start by saying it took me a while to get into the book, but once in i really liked it.
Reading this book made me think of 3 other books/series that i have also read:
1) Gabriels Inferno/Rapture
2) Fifty Shades Trilogy
3) Trust in Advertising

All of these books share common story elements
1. Extremely wealthy lead male character, with out of this world good looks & body to match
2. Lead male character is controlling, possessive, sexually experienced, gets jealous easily
3. Weaker (personality wise) female with self esteem issues
4. some sort of trauma used as the explanation of the personality of the male lead character
5. The "other" women threat to the relationship
6. Lead female has best friend that plays strongly in the storyline
7. Sex seems to be the glue that brings and holds the relationships together
8. Dysfunctional families - either the male or female lead character
9. The driving need to be together, even if the relationship does not make sense beyond the great sex
10. Major emotional, traumatic issues that must be over come before the couple can find their HEA
11. A very short romantic timeline - meeting, lots of sex, getting everything wrong fixed, and on to the HEA
12. The HEA benefiting the women financially

In this book, not only do we have the main couples story but we have at least 2 other romantic side stories going on (friend-Cary's and Boss-Mark's), not sure if they will remain part of the future books in this series, but I would expect to see things happening with Cary since he is Eva's best friend and room mate. I also expect to see the "other" women plot become more significant in future books. I like Gideon and Eva.

I enjoyed that Eva was one of the stronger females in recent books, she too had her demons but she was coping well, she had a great sense of humor (nick naming Gideon "Dark & Dangerous", and at one point turning him down with the line "I have a date with my vibrator").

I do see a "book" formula/pattern though that several authors seem to be adopting. I guess I can't blame them, its got me hooked and waiting for the next book in this series. I also find that I feel for the couple and want to see them find their HEA, it must be the dream to have it all.

kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
This is going to be a quickie review. I really enjoyed this book. I’ve never read FSOG, and I’ve seen this compared to that book frequently. I loved that there are some pretty dark demons both Gideon and Eva need to overcome. Add in crazy families, and it’s bound to be a rollercoaster ride.

Everything happens in a very short span of time. Both characters are possessive, but I like that they were able to deal with their jealousy for the most part. We find out Eva’s backstory, but Gideon is still a mystery. I think I know, but I’m hoping I’m wrong.

I’m anxious to continue with this series. It’s incredibly hot, and engaging. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
Eva is a girl from a prominent family, however she doesn't want to rely on her stepfathers reputation to make it in the world and for that reason went to school on the other side of the country and even got a job and as a personal assistant in an ad agency in New York City. Its also in the same building that she finds the love of her life, Gideon Cross, the owner of the building and other companies around the country. They both have a past that they want to hide but when the past starts to unravel, will their relationship unravel as well??

**Contains Spoilers**

OK. So I read this book after reading the entire 50 Shades Trilogy and man do I have to say that there are SOOO many similarities between the two. The concepts are the same, hot CEO type, ensnared by a beautiful woman, both into some Kinky and weird things, although, not as much in BTY as 50. However, I can't help but wonder if BTY was written based on 50 Shades, seeing that it came out later than that one.

Yes I realize that being in the smut genre there are going to be some extreme similarities.

I will give BTY one thing that 50 shades doesn't, better writing. I thought that the writing style was better, still cheesy none the less but better and it was easier to follow. I also liked how it wasn't as long winded as 50, being 200ish pages less.

I have to of course finish the books that are out and keep reading them. I mean what woman doesn't want romance in her life, even if it has to come from a book? ( )
  welkeral | Mar 20, 2016 |
This one is for Dr. David Allen Goodwin.
My love and gratitude are boundless.
Thank you, Dave. You saved my life.
"We should head to a bar and celebrate."
(page 106)

I'M STILL THINKING ABOUT YOU.
GIDEON
(page 173)

NOON. MY OFFICE.
(page 174)

Sorry. Have plans.
(page 206)

THANK YOU, EVA. FOR EVERYTHING.
YOURS, G
(page 267)

In celebration of red dresses and limo rides.

LET'S DO THAT AGAIN. SOON.

In honor of black & white garden party dresses and being dragged into libraries . . .

I'LL BE DRAGGING YOU TO THE FLOOR IN A MINUTE . . .

Back Cover:

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness-beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

Eva Trammel, plagued by her own insecurities, is drawn into an intense, obssessive relationship with the wealthy and arrogant Gideon Cross.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,250,479 books! | Top bar: Always visible