Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel by Sylvia…

Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Sylvia Day

Member:ajwseven
Title:Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel
Authors:Sylvia Day
Info:Berkley Trade (2012), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:***

Bared to You by Sylvia Day (2012)

The Harem by Thomas Sweeney (Emma-Reads)
    Twenty Tones of Red by Pauline Montford (PaulineMontford)
    PaulineMontford: Both books share the same erotic intensity and life-affirming sensuality.

English (137)  Spanish (2)  Italian (2)  Catalan (1)  All languages (142)
I found this book absolutely enthralling. The heat and the chill that this book revolves around, the chasing and the running. . . It sucked me right on in and didn't release me until the end. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
I must be honest with myself this book reminded me of Fifty shades 2 years back

I will probably never read this ( )
  Deleine | May 10, 2016 |
If you have read Fifty Shades of Grey then you will probably like Bared to You, haven't read shades of grey myself but I know that they are exactly alike. (I read several chapters of grey but couldn't get into.)

In Bared To You both the male and female protagonists have emotional scars from their past and no experience with healthy romantic relationships to speak of, and in turn it affected they way they, or more so Gideon Cross, dealt with relationships. Gideon is a powerful business tycoon that has never had a girlfriend and prefers to date brunettes but Eva isn't a brunette. The book delves more into Eva Hammel's past experience but Gideon didn't open up much about his own, but as the story progresses you can kinda put two and two together. Maybe the next book will delve more into what drives Gideon. Gideon needs control and prefers to be the dom, (his own words) and for his partner to be submissive.

In my opinion I prefer Gideons's character over Christian Grey's, Gideon didn't come off as arrogant and he treated Eva with a lot more respect. (Did read several chapters of Fifty Shades but couldn't get into it.)

The secondary characters are very interesting and some are funny, they helped to create a good backdrop to the story.
  GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
So this book had a lot of sex.

It was basically relationship drama.
Relationship drama.
Relationship drama.
And so forth.

This was definitely better than Fifty Shades of Grey. I liked it but I wasn't blown away by it. I wanted more BDSM type of sex than what I got. But I suspect that will be developed in the other books. ( )
  jessicadelellis | Mar 26, 2016 |
I was late to the party reading this book - its ok, I don't hang with the crowd in most cases.
I will start by saying it took me a while to get into the book, but once in i really liked it.
Reading this book made me think of 3 other books/series that i have also read:
1) Gabriels Inferno/Rapture
2) Fifty Shades Trilogy
3) Trust in Advertising

All of these books share common story elements
1. Extremely wealthy lead male character, with out of this world good looks & body to match
2. Lead male character is controlling, possessive, sexually experienced, gets jealous easily
3. Weaker (personality wise) female with self esteem issues
4. some sort of trauma used as the explanation of the personality of the male lead character
5. The "other" women threat to the relationship
6. Lead female has best friend that plays strongly in the storyline
7. Sex seems to be the glue that brings and holds the relationships together
8. Dysfunctional families - either the male or female lead character
9. The driving need to be together, even if the relationship does not make sense beyond the great sex
10. Major emotional, traumatic issues that must be over come before the couple can find their HEA
11. A very short romantic timeline - meeting, lots of sex, getting everything wrong fixed, and on to the HEA
12. The HEA benefiting the women financially

In this book, not only do we have the main couples story but we have at least 2 other romantic side stories going on (friend-Cary's and Boss-Mark's), not sure if they will remain part of the future books in this series, but I would expect to see things happening with Cary since he is Eva's best friend and room mate. I also expect to see the "other" women plot become more significant in future books. I like Gideon and Eva.

I enjoyed that Eva was one of the stronger females in recent books, she too had her demons but she was coping well, she had a great sense of humor (nick naming Gideon "Dark & Dangerous", and at one point turning him down with the line "I have a date with my vibrator").

I do see a "book" formula/pattern though that several authors seem to be adopting. I guess I can't blame them, its got me hooked and waiting for the next book in this series. I also find that I feel for the couple and want to see them find their HEA, it must be the dream to have it all.

kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
This one is for Dr. David Allen Goodwin.
My love and gratitude are boundless.
Thank you, Dave. You saved my life.
"We should head to a bar and celebrate."
(page 106)

I'M STILL THINKING ABOUT YOU.
GIDEON
(page 173)

NOON. MY OFFICE.
(page 174)

Sorry. Have plans.
(page 206)

THANK YOU, EVA. FOR EVERYTHING.
YOURS, G
(page 267)

In celebration of red dresses and limo rides.

LET'S DO THAT AGAIN. SOON.

In honor of black & white garden party dresses
and being dragged into libraries . . .

I'LL BE DRAGGING YOU TO THE
FLOOR IN A MINUTE . . .

Back Cover:

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness-beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

Eva Trammel, plagued by her own insecurities, is drawn into an intense, obssessive relationship with the wealthy and arrogant Gideon Cross.

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,882,382 books! | Top bar: Always visible