Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel by Sylvia…

Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Sylvia Day

Member:ajwseven
Title:Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel
Authors:Sylvia Day
Info:Berkley Trade (2012), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:***

Bared to You by Sylvia Day (2012)

The Harem by Thomas Sweeney (Emma-Reads)
    Twenty Tones of Red by Pauline Montford (PaulineMontford)
    PaulineMontford: Both books share the same erotic intensity and life-affirming sensuality.

English (146)  Spanish (2)  Italian (2)  Catalan (1)  English (151)
I'm unsure where I picked this book up. I obviously forgot to journal it at the time.

I've just finished it and can day that it was interesting enough. I find the relationship between Eva and Gideon annoying. They got together, and have had disagreements since. The break up, cry, get back together repeat and I find it annoying to read about . He's a young billionaire, handsome with some issues, she's an assistant at his company and has issues.

All in all, its okay. There's some steamy scenes if like that type of writing. ( )
  Nataliec7 | Oct 31, 2016 |
An erotic romance between two people with trauma in their pasts who find some kind of solace in each other. Someone described this (negatively) somewhere as *relationship drama* *sex* *relationship drama* *sex* over and over, and my reaction was, "Yes? Is erotic romance? What were you expecting, a jewel heist?" But now I've finished it, I sort of see what they mean. It's not, maybe, that I wanted more than the sex and relationship drama (I mean, don't order Cheerios and then be peeved that they aren't Corn Flakes when they come), but maybe that there could have been more to it?

Some romance novels I read and I feel like the author is really getting at something about human beings or love or sex or relationships in the story, that the reader will come away from the book knowing something they didn't know before or understanding something in a new way. And others feel a bit, okay, "I'll take this problem for the heroine from Column A, and that issue for the hero from Column C, and let's make the sex kinky, and right, the mother's controlling, and hmm I'll give the hero this high profile profession from List 12, and the heroine this related but not at all glamorous profession from List 7, toss, and go!" Which, hey, is probably a pretty effective way of getting the bones of a story down and carrying on. But I don't want it to feel that way when I read it. This is personal preference more than anything else, I guess, but I like stories to feel like discoveries, like the characters revealed themselves to the author, not like the author picked a bunch of traits and stuck them together and ran with it. Whatever the process actually was, I'm happiest when it feels like discovery to me when I read. And this didn't.

Don't get me wrong--it was entertaining enough, and it does what it does pretty well, and I *am* probably going to read the next one because I *do* want to know what happens. But I'm a little bit grumpy about it. ( )
  lycomayflower | Oct 27, 2016 |
Primul volum al trilogiei ”Crossfire” s-ar putea numi ușor ”Tineri și neliniștiți”, sintagmă care dacă nu ar fi fost deja folosită pentru un serial al cărui succes încă mă șochează, ar fi făcut onoare cuplului Eva Tramell-Gideon Cross. Poate ar trebui să spun că romanul, în esența lui, este unul excitant însă nu erotic…cel puțin nu erotismul m-a ”controlat” pe mine pe parcursul celor 300 de pagini, ci dorința de a ajunge la o împlinire, cumva modernă, a basmelor lui Disney.

Eva Tramell, supravegheată atent de o mamă posesivă, apărată de un tată vitreg putred de bogat și violată de fratele ei vitreg în copilărie, face eforturi să trăiască o viață normală alături de colegul ei de cameră, Cary, într-un apartament din New York. Obține o slujbă cu perspective multiple, care îi oferă nu atât confort FINANCIAR cât mai ales șansa de a se îndrăgosti de un bărbat care eclipsează întreg New York-ul printr-o simplă apariție publică. Gideon Crossfire, frumos, pedant, incredibil de sexy și putred de bogat. Idila nu începe niciodată, dar continuă cu fiecare încrucișare de priviri.

”“Are you sleeping with anyone?”
The question was asked so casually it took a second to process what he’d said. I inhaled sharply. “Why is that any business of yours?”
He looked at me and I saw what I’d seen the first time we’d met—tremendous power and steely control. Both of which had me taking an involuntary step back. Again. At least I didn’t fall this time; I was making progress.
“Because I want to fuck you, Eva. I need to know what’s standing in my way, if anything.” ” (Gideon Cross, Eva Tramell)

Printre partidele de sex consumate și dezvoltate în limuzina personală a lui Cross, în apartamentul lui obscen de luxos, în lift, în biroul lui, în biblioteca reședinței părinților lui (și lista poate continua dar ați prins ideea), cei doi dezvoltă o relație de co-dependență pe care o folosesc pentru a demonstra lumii, și lor înșilor, că doi oameni care se apropie pentru motivele cele mai greșite, pot să rămână împreună în ciuda predicțiilor oricărui terapeut. Eva trece de la agonie la extaz, balansându-se printre femeile care roiesc în jurul lui Gideon și atracția lui obsesivă pentru ea. Gideon este reprezentativ pentru o tipologie masculină aspru judecată de tinerele lipsite de profunzime. El împarte femeile în două categorii: prietenele cu care nu are taine la așternut, și cele cu care doar atât are. Regulile se schimbă însă când o întâlnește pe Eva și înțelege că doar sexul nu va fi suficient ca să o păstreze însă va fi mereu o modalitate pentru a o controla.
“You forget who submits, Eva,” he said gruffly. “I’ve given up control for you. I’ve bent and adjusted for you. I’ll do anything to keep you and make you happy. But I can’t be tamed or topped. Don’t mistake indulgence for weakness.”
Gelozia, traumele unei copilării nefericite, posesivitatea, obsesia, toate sunt coordonatele relației dintre Eva și Gideon iar disperarea care se naște pe parcursul interacțiunilor lor este mai mult decât justificată de demonii cu care se luptă fiecare. ( )
  IrinaMariaTracy | Oct 14, 2016 |
If you liked "Fifty Shades of Grey" you will love this book.

It is basically a similar story. A young woman works for sexy Gideon Cross's ( a well off business man) company. When they meet they feel instantly connected. Their love grows stronger and deeper, but they are still haunted by their troubled pasts. Between Ex's and drama this book will keep you wanting more. It is erotic and it tends to make you crave a full on consuming relationship like the one in the book. ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Oct 7, 2016 |
Humm... Flew through this but I think it was just because I happened to have the time on my hands to do so... People are right about this book being with Fifty Shade of Grey wants to be, but isn't. Near the end I began getting whiplash from the back and forthing the H/H were doing. I was about as confused as the heroine, but for different reasons I think. The end was very abrupt as well. There was no mini-resolution, nor did it give a cliff-hanger to lead into the next book. I just got to the last chapter, turned the page and it was an ad for the next book. Probably read the next one, just because of the side characters. The writing isn't too bad, although near the end the dialog becomes a little... wooden? Insincere? Emo? All of the above?

Sidenote - Why do all of these popular book lately have such damaged H/H's? Fifty Shades, Bared to You, Black Butterfly, Beautiful Disaster? Kinda getting tired of it myself... Only so much depressing I can take, ya know? ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
This one is for Dr. David Allen Goodwin.
My love and gratitude are boundless.
Thank you, Dave. You saved my life.
"We should head to a bar and celebrate."
(page 106)

I'M STILL THINKING ABOUT YOU.
GIDEON
(page 173)

NOON. MY OFFICE.
(page 174)

Sorry. Have plans.
(page 206)

THANK YOU, EVA. FOR EVERYTHING.
YOURS, G
(page 267)

In celebration of red dresses and limo rides.

LET'S DO THAT AGAIN. SOON.

In honor of black & white garden party dresses
and being dragged into libraries . . .

I'LL BE DRAGGING YOU TO THE
FLOOR IN A MINUTE . . .

Back Cover:

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness-beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

Eva Trammel, plagued by her own insecurities, is drawn into an intense, obssessive relationship with the wealthy and arrogant Gideon Cross.

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,725,645 books! | Top bar: Always visible