Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel by Sylvia…

Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Sylvia Day

Member:ajwseven
Title:Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel
Authors:Sylvia Day
Info:Berkley Trade (2012), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:***

Bared to You by Sylvia Day (2012)

The Harem by Thomas Sweeney (Emma-Reads)
    Twenty Tones of Red by Pauline Montford (PaulineMontford)
    PaulineMontford: Both books share the same erotic intensity and life-affirming sensuality.

English (149)  Spanish (2)  Italian (2)  Catalan (1)  All (154)
I'm a little confused. I've read so many stellar reviews about this book and I had some really high expectations, but it didn't impress me that much. Giddeon and Eva's story had a lot of similarities with FSOG and I sooooo didn't like that one. Here, the story progressed in a nice pace, but the way those two behaved with each other wasn't good or healthy. The way Eva just cuts and runs every single time anything happens when she's out with Gideon plains pisses me off. Gideon has this really clingy side too, but they're both so very screwed up that it's kind of understandable. ( )
  msralways | Apr 20, 2017 |
WOW Fifty Shades of Grey has got nothing on the Crossfire series. Bared to You is simply amazing Eva and Gideon are two amazing characters. The thing that i love about Eva and Gideon is that they have both been through a lot but they don't let that stop them from trying to have a relationship. I especially admire Eva's strength despite the things she's been through and at such a young age she's still an amazing person and she manages to come out on top despite her trauma. An amazing series from Sylvia Day. ( )
  mhelissa26 | Mar 8, 2017 |
I wanted forever to start this series. WOW!!! I'm glad I started. Onto the next.... ( )
  Sunshine22222 | Feb 19, 2017 |
I'm unsure where I picked this book up. I obviously forgot to journal it at the time.

I've just finished it and can day that it was interesting enough. I find the relationship between Eva and Gideon annoying. They got together, and have had disagreements since. The break up, cry, get back together repeat and I find it annoying to read about . He's a young billionaire, handsome with some issues, she's an assistant at his company and has issues.

All in all, its okay. There's some steamy scenes if like that type of writing. ( )
  Nataliec7 | Oct 31, 2016 |
An erotic romance between two people with trauma in their pasts who find some kind of solace in each other. Someone described this (negatively) somewhere as *relationship drama* *sex* *relationship drama* *sex* over and over, and my reaction was, "Yes? Is erotic romance? What were you expecting, a jewel heist?" But now I've finished it, I sort of see what they mean. It's not, maybe, that I wanted more than the sex and relationship drama (I mean, don't order Cheerios and then be peeved that they aren't Corn Flakes when they come), but maybe that there could have been more to it?

Some romance novels I read and I feel like the author is really getting at something about human beings or love or sex or relationships in the story, that the reader will come away from the book knowing something they didn't know before or understanding something in a new way. And others feel a bit, okay, "I'll take this problem for the heroine from Column A, and that issue for the hero from Column C, and let's make the sex kinky, and right, the mother's controlling, and hmm I'll give the hero this high profile profession from List 12, and the heroine this related but not at all glamorous profession from List 7, toss, and go!" Which, hey, is probably a pretty effective way of getting the bones of a story down and carrying on. But I don't want it to feel that way when I read it. This is personal preference more than anything else, I guess, but I like stories to feel like discoveries, like the characters revealed themselves to the author, not like the author picked a bunch of traits and stuck them together and ran with it. Whatever the process actually was, I'm happiest when it feels like discovery to me when I read. And this didn't.

Don't get me wrong--it was entertaining enough, and it does what it does pretty well, and I *am* probably going to read the next one because I *do* want to know what happens. But I'm a little bit grumpy about it. ( )
  lycomayflower | Oct 27, 2016 |
This one is for Dr. David Allen Goodwin.
My love and gratitude are boundless.
Thank you, Dave. You saved my life.
"We should head to a bar and celebrate."
(page 106)

I'M STILL THINKING ABOUT YOU.
GIDEON
(page 173)

NOON. MY OFFICE.
(page 174)

Sorry. Have plans.
(page 206)

THANK YOU, EVA. FOR EVERYTHING.
YOURS, G
(page 267)

In celebration of red dresses and limo rides.

LET'S DO THAT AGAIN. SOON.

In honor of black & white garden party dresses
and being dragged into libraries . . .

I'LL BE DRAGGING YOU TO THE
FLOOR IN A MINUTE . . .

Back Cover:

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness-beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

Eva Trammel, plagued by her own insecurities, is drawn into an intense, obssessive relationship with the wealthy and arrogant Gideon Cross.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Sylvia Day's book Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,195,694 books! | Top bar: Always visible