Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel by Sylvia…

Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Sylvia Day

Member:ajwseven
Title:Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel
Authors:Sylvia Day
Info:Berkley Trade (2012), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:***

Bared to You by Sylvia Day (2012)

The Harem by Thomas Sweeney (Emma-Reads)
    Twenty Tones of Red by Pauline Montford (PaulineMontford)
    PaulineMontford: Both books share the same erotic intensity and life-affirming sensuality.

English (138)  Spanish (2)  Italian (2)  Catalan (1)  All languages (143)
I start this off with cursing Sylvia Day. Damn you!! Damn you for making me addicted to this book! I'm addicted to Eva and Gideon's story. The sex scenes were erotica at its finest. These two make one delicious story. I loved everything about this book, the characters (Cary needs a hug and swift kick to the ass, unsure which comes first though), the setting (NYC is pretty awesome), the pace, the emotions, the story length...hell I even adore the damn wardrobe.

Gideon...hmm...he's extraordinary. I was so upset when I got to the last word. I wished it could have went on. Hence me cursing Sylvia (but the cursing is coming from a good place, so don't fret, I enjoy the literary crack Sylvia provided.)

I am anxious to know what happened to Gideon. And anxiously await the next book in the series. (HINT, HINT, HINT).

So I recommend this book to people who adored Beautiful Disaster and stories like them because, Bared to You" is one you definitely want to add to your shelf.

" ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |
I found this book absolutely enthralling. The heat and the chill that this book revolves around, the chasing and the running. . . It sucked me right on in and didn't release me until the end. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
I must be honest with myself this book reminded me of Fifty shades 2 years back

I will probably never read this ( )
  Deleine | May 10, 2016 |
If you have read Fifty Shades of Grey then you will probably like Bared to You, haven't read shades of grey myself but I know that they are exactly alike. (I read several chapters of grey but couldn't get into.)

In Bared To You both the male and female protagonists have emotional scars from their past and no experience with healthy romantic relationships to speak of, and in turn it affected they way they, or more so Gideon Cross, dealt with relationships. Gideon is a powerful business tycoon that has never had a girlfriend and prefers to date brunettes but Eva isn't a brunette. The book delves more into Eva Hammel's past experience but Gideon didn't open up much about his own, but as the story progresses you can kinda put two and two together. Maybe the next book will delve more into what drives Gideon. Gideon needs control and prefers to be the dom, (his own words) and for his partner to be submissive.

In my opinion I prefer Gideons's character over Christian Grey's, Gideon didn't come off as arrogant and he treated Eva with a lot more respect. (Did read several chapters of Fifty Shades but couldn't get into it.)

The secondary characters are very interesting and some are funny, they helped to create a good backdrop to the story.
  GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
So this book had a lot of sex.

It was basically relationship drama.
Relationship drama.
Relationship drama.
And so forth.

This was definitely better than Fifty Shades of Grey. I liked it but I wasn't blown away by it. I wanted more BDSM type of sex than what I got. But I suspect that will be developed in the other books. ( )
  jessicadelellis | Mar 26, 2016 |
This one is for Dr. David Allen Goodwin.
My love and gratitude are boundless.
Thank you, Dave. You saved my life.
"We should head to a bar and celebrate."
(page 106)

I'M STILL THINKING ABOUT YOU.
GIDEON
(page 173)

NOON. MY OFFICE.
(page 174)

Sorry. Have plans.
(page 206)

THANK YOU, EVA. FOR EVERYTHING.
YOURS, G
(page 267)

In celebration of red dresses and limo rides.

LET'S DO THAT AGAIN. SOON.

In honor of black & white garden party dresses
and being dragged into libraries . . .

I'LL BE DRAGGING YOU TO THE
FLOOR IN A MINUTE . . .

Back Cover:

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness-beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

Eva Trammel, plagued by her own insecurities, is drawn into an intense, obssessive relationship with the wealthy and arrogant Gideon Cross.

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,719,020 books! | Top bar: Always visible