Rogue Squadron (Star Wars: X-Wing Series,…

Rogue Squadron (Star Wars: X-Wing Series, Book 1) (edition 1996)

by Michael A. Stackpole

Member:jfcaron
Title:Rogue Squadron (Star Wars: X-Wing Series, Book 1)
Authors:Michael A. Stackpole
Info:Bantam Books (1996), Edition: 0, Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:NewBox

Rogue Squadron by Michael A. Stackpole

1990s (85)

Okay. I can't remember the plot *at all*. But I do remember that I really enjoyed reading this series despite being a bit sceptical on the outset (ventured into it based on gushing reviews from a friend). I wouldn't know how it holds up right now though. Tempted to do a re-read... but TBR pile so win. LOL.
  kephradyx | Jun 20, 2017 |
scifi
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.tumblr.com by express permission of this reviewer. Title: Rogue Squadron Series: X-Wing, Star Wars Author: Michael Stackpole Rating: 4 of 5 Stars Genre: SF Pages: 388 Synopsis: When the Emperor died, the Empire did not. It was up to the Rebellion, now the newly minted New Republic, to continue the fight. One of the most notable parts of their military was Rogue Squadron, the X-Wing group that had helped take out 2!! Deathstars. Now Rogue Squadron must build itself up with new members and go on missions that are so high profile that the mere mention of Rogue Squadron will send the enemy fleeing. The first 4 books of this series center around Corran Horn, former Correllian Security [CorSec] agent and his integration into the New Republic. My Thoughts: You want Star Wars that is tight, exciting, full of intrigue, suspense and action? Well, this book delivers. I originally read this back in 2000 and all I put was the genre, as Science Fiction. I was on quite the Michael Stackpole kick back then and this book fit in perfectly, as it combined him and Star Wars. No jedi, no sith, no philosophical ramblings about grey areas and crap like that. This was action and a man coming to grips that his beliefs might not be the be all and end all he thought they were. Really good space battles, some romance [just a smidge, mind you. enough to leaven the loaf] and a bad guy who has a case of the "I hate you personally" really bad for Horn and Rogue Squadron. This book takes place before Coruscant is in the hands of the New Republic and you really get the sense that the NR is just being birthed and could truly be snuffed out without too much effort. Good stuff! " ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
The Emperor is dead, but the Empire remains. Wedge reforms Rogue Squadron, and Tycho Celchu and Corran Horn join. This is also our introduction to the evil Director Ysanne Isard and her underling, the calculating Kirtan Loor.

I remember really liking the training sequences here, and because the cast is made of non-essential characters (by which I mean, not Luke, Leia, or Han), I genuinely worried about their fates. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |

Based on all the previous good reviews I was anticipating a fun, fast, relentless read that would have me clamoring for more. I'm disappointed to the fact that I'm just glad the story is over. Bummed. ( )
  capiam1234 | Aug 14, 2013 |

Michael A. Stackpoleprimary authorall editionscalculated
Youll, PaulCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To George Lucas
The unverse he created is so vital and magical that I remember not only when and where I first saw the film, but when and where I first saw the trailer for the film. If someone had told me that I's be writing in that universe now, I'd have told them they were insane.
Once again, Mr. Lucas, you make dreams come true.
You're good, Corran, but you're no Luke Skywalker.

JOIN THE MOST ELITE FIGHTING FORCE IN SPACE ON A DO-OR-DIE MISSION ONLY THE X-WINGS WOULD DARE!

They are sleek, swift, and deadly. They are the X-wing fighters. And as the struggle rages across the vastness of space, the fearless men and women who pilot them risk both their lives and their machines. Their mission: to defend the Rebel Alliance against a still-powerful and baffle-hardened Imperial foe in a last-ditch effort to control the stars!

Its very name strikes fear into enemy hearts. So when Rebel hero Wedge Antilles rebuilds the legendary Rogue Squadron, he seeks out only the best--the most skilled, the most daring X-wing pilots. Through arduous training and dangerous missions, he weeds out the weak from the strong, assembling a group of hard-bitten warriors willing to fight, ready to die. Antilles knows the grim truth: that even with the best X-wing jockeys in the galaxy, many will not survive their near-suicidal missions. But when Rogue Squadron is ordered to assist in the assault on the heavily fortified Imperial stronghold of Black Moon, even the bravest must wonder if any at all will survive....

Rebuilding the legendary Rogue Squadron, Wedge Antilles seeks out the most skilled and daring X-wing pilots, but when the group is ordered to assault the Imperial Black Moon, he fears that they may not survive the mission.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,584,046 books! | Top bar: Always visible