If I Should Die (Revenants) by Amy Plum

If I Should Die (Revenants) (edition 2013)

by Amy Plum

2021758,111 (4.08)6
Member:Carla1410
Title:If I Should Die (Revenants)
Authors:Amy Plum
Info:HarperTeen (2013), Hardcover, 320 páginas
Rating:*****

If I Should Die by Amy Plum

That's it? It's over?

FINE. I will accept this ending. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
[Wednesday, ‎October ‎9, ‎2013] The Parisian Revenants have been betrayed by their trusted ally, Violette. Now Vincent is dead and Violette has destroyed his body so that he cannot reanimated. Refusing to give up on her lover, Kate searches for a way to reincarnate him in time to prevent an all-out war between the Bardia and the Numa.

I had many assumptions before reading the final book in the revenants series... and I had hopes as well. I am glad to say that all my assumptions were true... but even as they happened as they should, I felt sad.

Kate's death and turning into a revenant reminded me of Bella turning into a vampire. It's just sad to be undead. To never grow. To never be anything else than what you were made to be.

I don't know. I'm sure everyone thought it was a happy ending... but to me, I felt it's a sad ending, with so much blood and lose.

Somewhere around the middle, I wish Vincent with dimension and maybe Kate could be with Jules or even a normal human.

But all in all, it was a great book, a great series, that I'm sure I will reread again. A must read really for lovers of romance, Paris, life and the afterlife.

The world Amy has created was so beautiful with all it's laws and creatures. It makes me hoping for a contentions series for the champion and other places like New York and Germany... though I prefer Paris... always :) Salute! ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
I was hardcore skimming by the end. I felt like the book was about 100 pages too long, but I finally finished the series! It was decent; nothing mind blowing or something to tell everyone about. I liked it and if you're looking for a decent and quick read for a series, I would suggest these books. ( )
  uhohxkate | Jan 31, 2016 |
This was a satisfying conclusion to the series. My only complaint about the story as a whole is that things have a way of working out just a little too easily. Hence the description of fantasy, I guess. Still, a fun read. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Jan 22, 2016 |
3.5 ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |

"The Parisian revenants have been betrayed by their trusted ally, Violette. Now Vincent is dead and Violette has destroyed his body so that he canot be reanimated. Refusing to give up on her love, Kate searches for a way to reincarnate him in time to prevent an all-out war between the bardia and the numa."--Provided by publisher.… (more)

Amy Plum is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,359,655 books! | Top bar: Always visible