Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

This was an okay conclusion.
It didn't flow as well as the previous books and was harder for me to get into. Nora continued to be disappointing and irritating. Everything was a mess until the end and all the action happened in a few short pages that felt rushed. The twist with Vee was obvious and felt forced. I did like Scott and would have liked to read more of him. It wasn't all terrible, Nora becoming Nephil was interesting and Patch is always great. The end mostly wrapped things up so I wasn't left with a lot of questions. I just wanted a little better final book after the first 3 were so good. ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |
So, after my last status update, I went upstairs to my room sat on bed and told myself, "Monica, you must sit here and read this book for at least an hour, no getting up to get water, no bathroom breaks, no nothing." In that hour, this book finally managed to suck me in, and it's ending gave me closure. overall, a decent ending to an AMAZING series.

update on Jan 22**
Okay, in that last hour, it was like BAM! one shocking revelation after another. It was like:
"What?Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait a minute? Did that just happen? NOOOO, I liked him!"
"ShutUp! Really? Daaang, I should've seen that coming!"
"Okay, I saw that coming from a million miles away."
"What? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I really LIKED him!"
"NO. *sobbing* No. Why? Why did that just have to happen?"
"AWW. That's so sweet, and like, romantic and stuff."

that was me, TALKING TO MYSELF, for a whole hour. ( )
  Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |
Just as good as the rest of the series! ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |

So first of all I loved this series even though a few of the characters had a lot of times I didn't like them.

I was really upset when Scott died, that seriously made me so sad. He was a great friend to Nora even though he tried to harm her before.

Nora did some stupid S*$% in this book. The whole drinking Devilcraft thing was ridiculous. She was really dumb for doing that. The lying to Patch about it and making him think she drank it when she didn't. Stupid Stupid Stupid.

Nora seemed to grow a lot through this series which was great to see. Patch/Jev was basically the same maybe a little softer as we got into the series. At the beginning he reminded me of Edward from Twilight. Tough, lots of secrets.

What is with Vee being a Nephilim? That made it a little less believable, other than the fact that it is a fantasy story. Seems to good to be true. Vee really drove me CRAZY at the beginning of this series but about halfway thru book 3 I started to like her a little more. That doesn't mean I'll be having sleepovers and doing manicures with her anytime soon.

Also WTF is up with all the people Nora tries to trust always end up stabbing her in the back; Rixon, now Dante...she has horrible taste in friends apparently.

Overall I really loved this series and I loved the ending we got. It was a great HEA!

nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
Meh. I feel like the 3rd and 4th book were big let-downs. Kind of predictable with the exception of two key moments that happened at the very end. Definitely a read it once and be done with series. I wouldn't recommend it. ( )
  onebeanshy | Jun 20, 2018 |
For my mom,whom I've always been able to hear cheering from the sidelines (Run, child, run!)
Scott didn't believe in ghosts.

En tombant amoureuse de Patch , un ange déchu , Nora dit adieu à une vie ordinaire . Pourtant , elle ne s'attendait pas à se retrouver à la tête d'une armée de néphilims , les ennemis jurés de celui qu'elle aime . Alors que leur histoire d'amour est plus dangereuse que jamais , Nora se retrouve face à un choix impossible : prendre le commandement des néphilims et declarer la guerre à Patch ou refuser le combat et condamner à mort sa famille et ses amis .

"Nora and Patch must hide their relationship in order to end the war between the fallen angels and the Nephilim."--

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,904,162 books! | Top bar: Always visible