Finale (Hush, Hush) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Finale (Hush, Hush) (edition 2012)

by Becca Fitzpatrick

Member:ReadingWithMartinis
Title:Finale (Hush, Hush)
Authors:Becca Fitzpatrick
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Hardcover, 464 pages
Rating:***

Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

Recently added bycctesttc1, annabw, aburger222, LaVidadeSky, Tristan16, collettec2509, private library, simy94

I would recommend it to YA super fans only. YA fans will overlook somethings that other readers would find annoying. For example the abrupt shift in events (I'm still a little confused in Elliott's involvement, for one,). YA super fans will also probably ignore little details that seem irrelevant (but maybe they will be/are touched on more in the other books) like the iron bills and the ride at Delpric and where the bodies went (old lady). There are some def Twilight similarities but they are subtle and if you never read Twilight or even paid it much attention you would miss it. I'm diehard Twi fan and almost didn't see them.

so do we date our Guardian Angels now?
I will say I loved patch. he's sexy and rough and intense... my kind of guy!
I gave it 4 stars because I do love YA and I would buy it for my collection. I might even fanfic it

Continuation of an interesting concept but I never not like a protagonists as much as I dislike Nora.

I love the premise of this series and that is what is going to push me to finish reading and probably even buying the series. We get to have conflicting emotions about a group of angels and it makes you want to root for the bad boys. I'm a glutton for punishment when it comes to tormented male characters and with that said I love Patch! I even kind of like Scott with his mysteries. I'm excited to learn what Nora mom knows and says. I even read a spoiler that keeps me a little bit more interested in Vee and Marcie (the bad girl you suddenly feel sorry for).

But with all that said I don't like Nora. I didn't much like her in book one either but in book 2 she seems like a even more of a ... idk what to call her. She's so damn nosey, always sneaking into something or somewhere. To love Patch she wasn't loyal (so quick to believe Rixon, a stranger, over him) and she's petty (trying to use Scott to make Patch jealous). I don't like petty. Now mind you Patch may need to answer for some (some) of his behavior with Marcie but he repeatedly told Nora that he loved her and he would run away with her. but she's so distrustful (without any real identifiable reason - other than her dad's death she never had a reason to distrustful everyone) .

loook how long it took me to read this. it stretches out a bit too much for me in the middle.

I would give the story 3.5 stars as I head into book 3.

Okay this book was hands downs better than the others so far.
(Few small, minor spoilers)
You can see my other comments to know that memory thing was starting to worry on my nerves. I would have been a little more convinced by the ending or at least satisfied (for lack of a better word) if Nora would have felt some kind of way or emotional backlash for having to kill Hank after all. First let me say it was completely psychotic to think up the idea of keeping him locked away for all eternity in Patch hidden room but I was happy she had decided not to kill him. But when Hank did what he did (trying to curve some of the spoilers for you readers) I can totally understand why Nora did what she had to do. But just seconds ago Nora knew that carrying around that guilt would be too much for her and yet in those last few pages the guilt was there? Is it there in book 4? A few words displaying that as more of a concern for her (rather than what would happen if she and Patch had sexed and accidentally conceived a child) would have just played naturally into the entire musing of the last piece of the story.

I love fanfiction and with that being said this next point might make me a hypocrite: there are a lot of missing scenes in this story. And i understand that is to be expected when a story is told in first person but this saga is screaming for a good writer to come in and fill in the spaces. We hadn't seen Debria since book one and Patch never said what he did to her; we have to wait until book 3 to see the result of that event? Does Susanne know that Nora was Hank's child? I mean come on Hank must have been a sleeze ball cause he would have had to be sleeping with Nora's mom and Susan at the same time for his children to be the same age! Why does Patch have such nice clothes? I mean every man needs a suit but nothing in 3 books indicate why he would need them. Is that mentioned in book 4? So yeah definitly some places for some informative and naughty fanfiction. Maybe I'll write a piece that tells a differnet story of the first night Nora and Patch stayed together *wink wink*

So all in all this was def my fave book of the saga so far. Sure to start book four tomorrow. Silence may actually drive me to buy the saga, just so that it can be on the shelf with my other collections of YA.

I hope Finale holds up to what Silence has given me.

This series def got better with each book. I still wasn't 100% team Nora but she was okay, some of her moment drove me mad. To this book though I say kudos for all the actions. so much happens in this 454 pages you are almost overwhelmed. I didn't like though how some answers literally came in the final pages which meant you still didn't get an answer (i.e. the dog and Blesso and how did Dante get into hell and what of Chesvan now).
At first I was leery of the Nephil Fallen Angel concept but it is very unique and how there are bad guys for Nora and Patch to deal with on all sides really keep you hooked to the end. Some parts are predictable (Debria still love Patch and Vee secret) but others are more shocking.
All in all its was a good series and I'm glad I stuck it out) ( )
  ByChallaF | Dec 22, 2016 |
Ough. I enjoyed the first 3 books - this one just seemed overdone. And drawn out. I'm glad I have finished the series but not my favorite. ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
Good lord, why won't this series end?

Uninspiring and uninteresting. This one didn't live up to the rest of the books in the series. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Well, for some reason finishing this took me absolutely forever, but I finally made it. And boy am I glad to finish it. I totally did not see a lot of things coming, which I like in a book. And while Nora got on my nerves a little sometimes, she really came through in the end. The epilogue was especially nice, as I wasn't left hanging on what happened with Vee. I completely enjoyed this series, as it was different from other paranormal books I have read in the past. ( )
  CarpeLibrum58 | Jun 4, 2016 |
Ah the conclusion...It wasn't what I expected. Who to trust, who to turn to, who to watch closely! I was saddened extremely by the loss of one I'd come to hold dear. I was shocked immensely to learn the secret that Vee had been keeping. Most of all I was happy with the way things worked out though. Nora finally came clean about her mistakes, and that made things so much better from there on out. Marcie had ups and downs for me in this book...one minute I was thinking she wasn't so bad and the next I'd be back to hating her. It was a complicated story, but I think the author did well tying the series up. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
For my mom,whom I've always been able to hear cheering from the sidelines (Run, child, run!)
Scott didn't believe in ghosts.

En tombant amoureuse de Patch , un ange déchu , Nora dit adieu à une vie ordinaire . Pourtant , elle ne s'attendait pas à se retrouver à la tête d'une armée de néphilims , les ennemis jurés de celui qu'elle aime . Alors que leur histoire d'amour est plus dangereuse que jamais , Nora se retrouve face à un choix impossible : prendre le commandement des néphilims et declarer la guerre à Patch ou refuser le combat et condamner à mort sa famille et ses amis .

"Nora and Patch must hide their relationship in order to end the war between the fallen angels and the Nephilim."--

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,492,699 books! | Top bar: Always visible