Finale (Hush, Hush) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Finale (Hush, Hush) (edition 2012)

by Becca Fitzpatrick

Member:ReadingWithMartinis
Title:Finale (Hush, Hush)
Authors:Becca Fitzpatrick
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Hardcover, 464 pages
Rating:***

Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

By far, my favorite of the series! Great way to wrap it all up. ( )
  Jenna.Czaplewski | Jul 3, 2014 |
Rejoice! I have made it to the end. This series is over, completed, and resigned to sit on my shelves for the rest of its life because I have a problem. But that’s a story for another day. I know after the last week everyone is dying to know what I thought of how the series ended…

Hank Millar is gone, but Nora still has a big problem on her hands. The inheritance her father left her was his entire Nephilim army, who are out for blood. Fallen angel blood. They don’t want to be possessed by the fallen angels anymore. And even though Patch is a fallen angel, Nora as a newly fledged Nephilim is starting to understand them. Why should they spend Cheshvan trapped in their own bodies without their consent? But the Nephilim don’t like the idea of their leader consorting with the enemy, and they are prepared for war.

Okay back it up. Nora Grey is supposed to lead an army? Hank must not have cared about the cause at all, to leave Nora in charge. Nora who can’t keep kissing Patch for one second and realize the seriousness of the situation. Nora, who cares about herself more than the other Nephilim, who couldn’t understand the problem until she was one. I assume Hank thought she would quickly fail and die and then one of the grown ups would take charge. Speaking of which, for an immortal species there seems to be a lot of ways they can die. Or did she just mean that by immortal, they just don’t age or get sick, and heal quickly?

Nora was definitely the wrong person for the job. She didn’t even think about the damn war looming the whole time, even though it was Chesham, I.e. time for war. She did not attempt to get to know the other nephilim, just guessed they wouldn’t accept her and kept out of it. Maybe if she’d been more responsible for her new position, some of the shit that happened probably wouldn’t have happened. She was too busy being useless and making out with Patch. She had no idea how to use her new assets (Dante, Marcie, Blakely) who all could have helped her but she refused to let them.

The relationship between Nora and Patch doesn’t improve. She is still ridiculously jealous and so is he. She can’t spend time with other males and he can’t spend time with other females, even while preparing for war. They have the most stupid, pointless fights and get over it by getting hot and heavy. He is still dominating and she’s still a whiner. Nothing new there.

While not overly present in the other books, in the second half of this book there was a distinct lack of Nora’s mum, who to start with wants to know where she is, where she’s going (as parents should) and then grounds her (why wouldn’t you lock the bathroom if you’re going to make out with your boyfriend in there?), and then promptly disappears until the Epilogue. While I’m on the topic, that was the most unnecessary epilogue I’ve ever read. It only enhances the happy ever after factor (yes there was a big old HEA, so if you enjoyed the series you will be happy) and all we get from it is after all is said and done, Nora has forgotten about Vee more or less. You are a great best friend. Girls, do not forget about your best friends just because you’re so in love. You need your friends and you always will, no matter how perfect you think your relationship is.

I have enjoyed the Nephilim and angel elements, although overall I couldn’t get past the poor quality of the characters. If the books had focussed more on the war between the Nephilim and the fallen angels, chances are I would have enjoyed it a lot more. Easy to read when you don’t want to throw your book across the room because the characters are idioms and fast paced when it really gets moving, this series could have been so much better. It’s a shame.

And why the hell are there so many fallen angels in Maine? Why Maine of all places? What is even in Maine that would attract so many? ( )
  crashmyparty | Jun 24, 2014 |
I fell in love with this series as soon as I cracked the spine of the first book, Hush, Hush. I've read it several times, and each time is like a new experience. The series had the most beautiful and unexpected ending. I would recommend this book to anybody that is prepared to fall in love and have their heart broken over and over and over again. It does have that fantasy/romance thing, but you haven't a clue of how perfect this book is. If you haven't read it, I promise you'll love it. ( )
  HannahWebb | Jun 21, 2014 |
Nora and Patch thought that all their problems with fallen angles were behind them. Hank is gone, thanks to Nora killing him. But since Hank is gone, Nora has become the leader/head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank started. Meaning she needs to lead them to destroying the whole fallen angel race.

But she doesn't want that to happen. To keep that from happening, she makes everyone believe that she and Patch have broken up. Nora tries to convince the Nephilim that what they're doing is wrong and is a mistake. Botch Patch and Nora want this war between the two opposing sides to end. But becoming the leader means facing some challenges. She goes through training to get stronger and faster but there is something that will help her to achieve this. Devilcraft. Nora becomes very drawn and addicted to this power she never knew she would be. As the war continues, Nora and Patch have to confront everyone about the truth and whats going on between them either if they choose to destroy the love they have.

I think that 'Finale' was one of the most least exciting out of the series. There was tons of action but the setting and plot wasn't so interesting. Most of the book was about fighting the Nephilim and ending the war. Other than that the book was alright. ( )
  ElizavetaC.B3 | May 29, 2014 |
I did it, I finally finished the Hush, Hush saga. And how I was disappointed.

I fell victim for the covers and the promise of a good Angel vs. Demon battle. This story did have it moments but they fell short. We all know it stars Nora and Patch, the innocent girl and fallen angel in love with innocent girl.

There is so much I would like to say about this book but not sure where to start. I say it like that because there are just so many gaps and holes throughout the series! Here are some that really bother me:

- Throughout book one, Nora has a medical condition that causes her to rely on iron pills. She needs them whenever she gets excited, has a panic attack, is nervous, or scared. After book one she NEVER takes them again. Why make a big deal at the start of this story if you don't. Entire throughout the next three books?!

- Nora's mom has serious issues. I feel she just her daughter run the place without caring about trouble. Meaning Nora can do no wrong. Her Mom is just never home.

- Vee. Oh man, what to say about Vee. She is possibly the most over-bearing, annoying, and unbelievable BFF character I have read yet. And in the end she revealed her "big secret"? PUH-LEASE. How did Nora not see that coming?!

- Patch seems to not be in the books as much as he should. He is the hot protector angel we all want to read more about but never get to. That was a let down.

- End of the story felt like it was just thrown together in a haste. It didn't few finished. It left me with so many unanswered questions! I wish it would have been wrapped up in a nice neat little bow but it wasn't.

I can promise you this, this book, along with the rest of the series, is a quick read. It will probably leave you frustrated, scratching your head, asking yourself, "What did I just read?!" Best of luck to you. I will not be reading this series again. ( )
  smstuart | May 28, 2014 |

"Nora and Patch must hide their relationship in order to end the war between the fallen angels and the Nephilim."--

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,495,153 books! | Top bar: Always visible