Finale (Hush, Hush) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Finale (Hush, Hush) (edition 2012)

by Becca Fitzpatrick

Member:ReadingWithMartinis
Title:Finale (Hush, Hush)
Authors:Becca Fitzpatrick
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Hardcover, 464 pages
Rating:***

Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

Ah the conclusion...It wasn't what I expected. Who to trust, who to turn to, who to watch closely! I was saddened extremely by the loss of one I'd come to hold dear. I was shocked immensely to learn the secret that Vee had been keeping. Most of all I was happy with the way things worked out though. Nora finally came clean about her mistakes, and that made things so much better from there on out. Marcie had ups and downs for me in this book...one minute I was thinking she wasn't so bad and the next I'd be back to hating her. It was a complicated story, but I think the author did well tying the series up. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
[‎Tuesday, ‎October ‎23, ‎2012] Oh.My.God! Today is Finale's release!!
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
[‎Tuesday, ‎October ‎23, ‎2012] Oh.My.God! Today is Finale's release!!
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Finale was the fourth and last book in the Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick.

I have to admit that I really enjoyed the entire Hush Hush saga, to the point where I am almost sorry it is over. What made me love it this much? The characters were a main factor. At the beginning, my general feeling toward the main female character of Nora was dislike. Her lack of common sense had me rolling my eyes and groaning out loud. However, as the story developed, so did Nora. She was loyal, honest (for the most part), and grew stronger both physically and mentally. By the end of this last book, I was completely on her side and wanted more than anything for her to triumph over all of the obstacles in her way. Patch, her true love, was the typical tall, strong, handsome hero who we all dream about. He was willing to do whatever was needed to keep Nora safe. He protected her even when it meant that they had to be apart. Scott Parnell was also a character I didn't connect with at the start but he turned out to be one of my favorites. He transformed from cocky and obnoxious to a person who anyone would be lucky to have on their side. And of course there was Vee, who gave us a bit of comic relief by making us smile whenever she entered the scene, no matter what drama or tragedy was ensuing. I only wish there was a bit more of her throughout the last two books.

The plot held together well. There were some parts that reminded me of other YA books I have read, but not much. I liked the story line of the fallen angels, the Nephilim, and the archangels and how they all connected. The story was fresh and it kept me turning the pages well into the night. I had my theories about how the book would end but I didn't find the book to be predictable and there were a few interesting twists and turns thrown in toward the end that I wasn't expecting. There were times in the story where I was routing for the fallen angels and then other times when I found myself switching sides because I sympathized with the predicament of the Nephilim. No spoilers here though. You'll have to read for yourself to see which group was victorious, if any... :)

If you are a reader of YA novels and/or series, I would completely recommend that you pick this one up. In order they are Hush Hush, Crescendo, Silence, and Finale. Happy reading!

Lagnella | Mar 4, 2016 |
This book is so fucking bad. Don't read it. It was horrifyingly amateur and cringey. ( )
  babydogfish | Jan 29, 2016 |
For my mom,whom I've always been able to hear cheering from the sidelines (Run, child, run!)
Scott didn't believe in ghosts.

En tombant amoureuse de Patch , un ange déchu , Nora dit adieu à une vie ordinaire . Pourtant , elle ne s'attendait pas à se retrouver à la tête d'une armée de néphilims , les ennemis jurés de celui qu'elle aime . Alors que leur histoire d'amour est plus dangereuse que jamais , Nora se retrouve face à un choix impossible : prendre le commandement des néphilims et declarer la guerre à Patch ou refuser le combat et condamner à mort sa famille et ses amis .

"Nora and Patch must hide their relationship in order to end the war between the fallen angels and the Nephilim."--

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,874,436 books! | Top bar: Always visible