The Spirit Archer by Mr. Mike Evers

The Spirit Archer (edition 2012)

by Mr. Mike Evers

Member:weejane
Title:The Spirit Archer
Authors:Mr. Mike Evers
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 62 pages

The Spirit Archer by Mike Evers

If you enjoy reading historical fiction or you just can’t get enough of the Middle Ages, try out this novella from Mike Evers. To be honest, I don’t know too much about this time period because—and I’m ashamed to admit this—I haven’t read much set in these centuries, including the stories of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. Evers’ story is firmly planted into the modern world, but lovers of the age of knights, ladies, and castles will enjoy the ties to 1237 England. A visit to Robin Hood’s grave awakens the spirit of the famous outlaw from English legend, and a touching, if unconventional, friendship develops between two characters who are both in need of someone to talk to.

Have you ever felt like the weight on your shoulders is just too much to bear? Have you ever encountered an unlikely hero or become friends with an unusual sort? You might enjoy reading this story about the time Jamie and Robin Hood find each other by accident and how both of their lives take turns for the better. ( )
  mrsmonnandez | Oct 24, 2013 |
A good young adult novel, easy to read, a touch of interesting history, mixed with a modern story. As an adult i would have liked more, but for youth i think this is a good story to get them thinking and perhaps spur them to look for more interesting historical facts. ( )
  MarniGreatrex | Jan 8, 2013 |
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from the publisher/author through the LibraryThing.com Members Giveaway program. I was asked to post an honest review (though not necessarily a favourable one). The opinions expressed are strictly my own.

Aimed at a YA/teenager audience, this historical/supernatural novelette is packed with historical information about a significant and somewhat legendary period of English History.

The characterization of any character apart from the protagonist, a teenager with economic, academic and familiar problems, is somewhat lacking. Even the Archer of the title is little more than a sketch. Maybe expanding on the subject matter a bit more would have made everything better.

Finally, the ending is somewhat jarring, compared with the rest of the plot.

In short: good erudition, lacking narrative. ( )
  sereq_ieh_dashret | Jan 4, 2013 |
I received this as an Early Reviewer book. It is geared towards young adults but I really enjoyed it! The story was a historical fiction and had an element of Syfy as well. It was fast moving and the characters were totally believable. I am looking forward to reading some more of
the author's other work as well. ( )
  michrym | Dec 11, 2012 |
I enjoyed this novella very much. I love modern stories that include characters that we know from lore, and Evers does a great job making Robin Hood live up to his reputation. I can't wait to share this with my son. ( )
  Lschwarzman | Dec 2, 2012 |

Mythos Press

An edition of this book was published by Mythos Press.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,484,563 books! | Top bar: Always visible