Archie: The Married Life Book 2 by Paul…

Archie: The Married Life Book 2 (edition 2012)

by Paul Kupperberg

Member:burnit99
Title:Archie: The Married Life Book 2
Authors:Paul Kupperberg
Info:Archie Comics (2012), Edition: Original, Softcover, 320 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Comic Book Compilations/Graphic Novels

Archie: The Married Life Book 2 by Paul Kupperberg

I finally got my hands on the second volume of The Married LIfe. Mr. Lodge is still very much the villain in both of the story lines although Fred Mirth has been added to the Archie Marries Betty storyline. although maybe Mirth is in both story lines? I still find myself confused sometimes, especially since a lot of the rest of the couples are working out the same way.

I am beginning to wonder two things, one, if the stories are somehow going to come together via some kind of time traveler and two, if someone else is pulling Mr. Lodge's strings in both stories b/c there are definitely hints of that in the Archie Marries Veronica storyline and as I pointed out in my review of the first book in the series, I don't remember Mr. Lodge feeling so over the top evil.

I am apparently a Betty girl b/c I like Betty better with both Reggie and Archie. I am a huge fan of how Reggie has changed in both story lines. He has definitely become more of a grown up.

So I definitely feel like I'm enjoying the school story line from Archie Marries Betty more, although I feel like I like Betty better with Reggie. I think my problem is that I was never a huge fan of Archie himself. He feels wishy washy in both stories where the women have always felt stronger, maybe b/c they could fight over him but still be friends?

Either way I can't wait to see where the two stories are going and I definitely plan on continuing to follow the series. ( )

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
Each chapter the viewpoint and story shifts, between Archie and Veronica's story, and Archie and Betty's story. It's okay. KInd of interesting to see the possible future of Riverdale and the people in it. ( )
  LoftyIslanders | Apr 5, 2014 |

Imagines the lives of Archie and the gang as Riverdale's teens grow to adulthood. Archie and Veronica get married and try to make a go of it in spite of Mr. Lodge's interference; Betty and Reggie may have a relationship going if Reggie does not go to jail for fraud; Jughead is in a relationship with Midge, whose break-up with Moose was rocky; and, Moose is Riverdale's new mayor.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,257,070 books! | Top bar: Always visible