Fairest, Vol. 1 by Bill Willingham

Fairest, Vol. 1 (edition 2012)

by Bill Willingham, Phil Jimenez (Illustrator)

Member:MikeBriggs
Title:Fairest, Vol. 1
Authors:Bill Willingham (Author)
Other authors:Phil Jimenez (Illustrator)
Info:Vertigo (2012), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 160 pages
Collections:Read, Read in 2012, Read in November, Read but unowned, Series
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Fiction, Graphic Novel, Comics, Fables, Fables Spin-off

Fairest: Wide Awake by Bill Willingham (Author)

I feel like I waited forever to read this (possibly b/c I have been excited about it since I first heard about it and waited for it to come out in trade paperback to read it.) Ali Baba saves the Snow Queen and Sleeping Beauty; giving the reader the opportunity to learn how the Snow Queen was forced to join with Gepetto, and how Sleeping Beauty's curse came about. I loved the battle with Hadeon the Destroyer and I'm very curious about where both the relationships at the end and the existing story line is going. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
This is not a story about girl power. That's what some people might by looking at the cover. It's actually a story about the Snow Queen and Briar Rose. We get an explanation on the rules of true loves first kiss. The thing I enjoyed about this is how it keeps what you love about Fables and keeps it going. You do need to know the other stories in the Fables universe to understand the story. But if you don't you can enjoy the story only to a point though. ( )
  Kurt.Rocourt | May 22, 2015 |

McManus, ShawnIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pepoy, AndrewIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sadowski, SteveIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sturges, MatthewAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Follows the misadventures of Briar Rose immediately after the events of FABLES #107(collected in FABLES VOL. 16: SUPER TEAM), in which she was stolen away by the goblin army.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,185,852 books! | Top bar: Always visible