Fairest, Vol. 1 by Bill Willingham

Fairest, Vol. 1 (edition 2012)

by Bill Willingham, Phil Jimenez (Illustrator)

2571944,496 (3.73)19
Member:MikeBriggs
Title:Fairest, Vol. 1
Authors:Bill Willingham (Author)
Other authors:Phil Jimenez (Illustrator)
Info:Vertigo (2012), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 160 pages
Collections:Read, Read in 2012, Read in November, Read but unowned, Series
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Fiction, Graphic Novel, Comics, Fables, Fables Spin-off

Fairest: Wide Awake by Bill Willingham (Author)

This is a series that features the beautiful women of Fabletown. In this first issue we see how Ali Baba, Prince of Thieves is torn between Sleeping Beauty and The Snow Queen. With a short story at the end that explains a lot about The Beast and his Beauty, noir style. I have to say that Briar Rose is not one of my favorite characters and I think Ali Baba made the right choice when he decided that he prefers Lumi, the Snow Queen.

I think these are going to be a fun addition to the Fables storyline, after all, it pretty obvious that there is more to every Fable than what we see on the surface and I am looking forward to learning more about the women of Fables. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Jul 8, 2016 |
Aladdin!
That's really all I have to say about this book. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
I feel like I waited forever to read this (possibly b/c I have been excited about it since I first heard about it and waited for it to come out in trade paperback to read it.) Ali Baba saves the Snow Queen and Sleeping Beauty; giving the reader the opportunity to learn how the Snow Queen was forced to join with Gepetto, and how Sleeping Beauty's curse came about. I loved the battle with Hadeon the Destroyer and I'm very curious about where both the relationships at the end and the existing story line is going. ( )

Willingham, BillAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McManus, ShawnIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pepoy, AndrewIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sadowski, SteveIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sturges, MatthewAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Follows the misadventures of Briar Rose immediately after the events of FABLES #107(collected in FABLES VOL. 16: SUPER TEAM), in which she was stolen away by the goblin army.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,640,787 books! | Top bar: Always visible