Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Falling Kingdoms (edition 2012)

by Morgan Rhodes

Member:BookSpot
Title:Falling Kingdoms
Authors:Morgan Rhodes
Info:Razorbill (2012), Hardcover, 400 pages
Tags:to-read, 2012-release, series

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

One of the book blurbs mentions that this book is perfect for fans of "Game of Thrones" and I concur. There are rival kingdoms, betrayal, murder, and the death of characters just as the reader is beginning to be invested in them. An entertaining read, if not riveting. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Feb 21, 2016 |
Falling Kingdoms, by Morgan Rhodes, is overall good book, but there are some things that bothered me. The switching of perspectives got a little confusing. I usually like when books do that, but this book switched between so many characters it got confusing and annoying. I would have to wait a few chapters before I got back to the same character I had read about before. It made the book choppy and slightly irritating. I liked the idea behind the book, but I felt like a lot of the same things kept happening. Nothing was really surprising. I also felt like there was a lot of unnecessary deaths. It was only the first book, and about four people had died already. I do like the fantasy in the book, and the idea of watchers in the form of hawks. There could have been some more romance in the book, but overall I liked the book. Cleo matures throughout the book, and we see Magnus struggle with what's right and wrong. Even though the switching of the characters gets confusing, it's cool to see all of the character's perspectives. I thought this was an interesting book, and there were only a few things that I disliked about it. ( )
  codiec321 | Jan 21, 2016 |
A teenage Game of Thrones. Rhodes built a dark and vivid world, filled with complex stories and characters. ( )
  LaPhenix | Dec 19, 2015 |
I saw that FALLING KINGDOMS was being hailed as the YA version of The Game of Thrones. The overall reviews looked promising. I decided to give Morgan Rhodes a chance. This was a book I kept at work. I started reading it on December 6th, and finished on the morning of the 11th. Five days. Only reason it took my 5 Whole Days to read was because I didn't bring it home with me each morning!

The book is fast paced. Action-packed. A real page-turner . . . and whatever other cliches about awesome books you want to add!

Three different territories. Two Kings, and one chief. One of the three is over all prosperous on all fronts. The other two are very jealous and greedy! Princes and princesses. Warriors and common folk. Magic and evil plots. FALLING KINGDOMS is ripe with tension!

I loved the book. I've ordered the other three in the series. Look forward to their arrival in the mail!

Phillip Tomasso
Author of Damn the Dead and Blood River ( )
  ptom3 | Dec 11, 2015 |
This book is about three kingdoms that are on the verge of war due to an accident in Palesia (one of the kingdoms). A guard is assigned to watch the Princess that was in Palesia during the accident and Aron (the boy who caused this accident) is getting engaged to The princess. Two witches steal a child from palesia who is a Sorceress. One of the sisters betrays the other and takes the child to Limeros. In Limeros a Prince is training to be like his father "The Blood King". Magnus the Prince, has a "sister" that has magical powers. The Princess of Limeros is the Child from Palesia stolen by the sisters. A month later a war starts in Auranos and Auranos is conquered by Palesia and Limeros. ( the two kingdoms unite to destroy Auranos and take its resources.)

I loved this book so much because it hooked me from the start and I love Fantasy stories based in the "Dark Ages" . I gave it this rating because there were so many details that I left some out for the sake of time, and I want to read the rest of the series. ( )
  JoseR.B1 | Oct 30, 2015 |

In a land where magic has been forgotten but peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest is simmering. Three kingdoms grapple for power—brutally transforming their subjects’ lives in the process. Amidst betrayals, bargains, and battles, four young people find their fates forever intertwined:

Cleo: A princess raised in luxury must embark on a rough and treacherous journey into enemy territory in search of a magic long thought extinct.

Jonas: Enraged at injustice, a rebel lashes out against the forces of oppression that have kept his country impoverished—and finds himself the leader of a people’s revolution centuries in the making.

Lucia: A girl adopted at birth into a royal family discovers the truth about her past—and the supernatural legacy she is destined to wield.

Magnus: Bred for aggression and trained to conquer, a firstborn son begins to realize that the heart can be more lethal than the sword...

The only outcome that’s certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed?

"A fantasy about three kingdoms on the brink of war and the destiny of one princess"--Provided by publisher.

Michelle Rowan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

147 wanted5 pay1 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,255,365 books! | Top bar: Always visible