Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Falling Kingdoms (edition 2012)

by Morgan Rhodes

Member:GLMW
Title:Falling Kingdoms
Authors:Morgan Rhodes
Info:Razorbill (2012), Hardcover, 400 pages
Tags:YA, High Fantansy

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Despite what you'd think from the cover, there is very little wearing of white cloaks and swooshing of magic blades and things. There is a lot of whining by spoiled royal children though. The narration of the audiobook was fine though he gave everyone accents but then narrated without an accent which seemed odd. What little of the magic we see is your typical elemental stuff so I was bored there. There are a lot of characters and switching views, which isn't easy to follow on audio so I recommend against listening if you are debating on it. Over all just a bit disappointed. ( )
1 vote anyaejo | Aug 12, 2015 |
Richly imaginative and totally epic, Falling Kingdoms has earned itself a coveted place on my favorites shelf. I cannot recommend this book enough!! ( )
  dkgarner95 | Jul 29, 2015 |
Did not enjoy this.
  mkbird | Apr 24, 2015 |
This book is about four sons and daughters of 3 different kingdoms. There is Cleo, Jonas, Lucia and Magnus. Each kingdom has it own kings: the Auranos, Limeros and Paelsia. Jonas' older brother Tomas was killed and he wanted revenge. Jonas is a rebel and he doesn't like the Auranos kingdom or Cleo. He wanted Cleo to die because he said that she killed his brother. Cleo is the youngest daughter of the Auranian king. She is beautiful, spoil and rich. She witness the murder of Jonas' brother. Magnus and Lucia are brother and sister of the Limeros kingdom. But Lucia found out that she was adopted at birth. Then the rebels started a war with Cleo's kingdom. What I like about this book is the setting and how everyone came from a different background. It was fun, full of suspense, and at times emotional. I like how everyone was fighting for power, people were dying; witches were put to death; it contained magic and It showed the good and evil of people. ( )
  shakirh.b3 | Mar 24, 2015 |
Falling Kingdoms is about 3 kingdoms. The kingdoms are Auranos, Limeros, and Paelsia. The 4 main characters are Princess Cleo, Prince Magnus, Princess Lucia, and Jonas Agallon. All 4 are trying to find and possess the magical crystals called the Kindred. The Kindred are 4 crystals that possess the power of the elements. Princess Cleo is the Princess of Aurnos. Princess Lucia is the Princess of Limeros, and Prince Magnus is the Prince of Limeros. Jonas is a rebel that got his brother killed by a lord from Auranos.

I really liked this book, because it is exciting on every page. I don't think this is a children's book though by the content. I can't wait to read the second book in the series. The ending was exciting, and from the ending I knew that there would be a second book, because of the ending. I think that Jonas's obsession to kill Princess Cleo though is to extreme. I mean she didn't even do anything, Lord Aron did everything. The thing I love most is that there is magic in the book. ( )
  RyanT.B3 | Mar 15, 2015 |

In a land where magic has been forgotten but peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest is simmering. Three kingdoms grapple for power—brutally transforming their subjects’ lives in the process. Amidst betrayals, bargains, and battles, four young people find their fates forever intertwined:

Cleo: A princess raised in luxury must embark on a rough and treacherous journey into enemy territory in search of a magic long thought extinct.

Jonas: Enraged at injustice, a rebel lashes out against the forces of oppression that have kept his country impoverished—and finds himself the leader of a people’s revolution centuries in the making.

Lucia: A girl adopted at birth into a royal family discovers the truth about her past—and the supernatural legacy she is destined to wield.

Magnus: Bred for aggression and trained to conquer, a firstborn son begins to realize that the heart can be more lethal than the sword...

The only outcome that’s certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed?

"A fantasy about three kingdoms on the brink of war and the destiny of one princess"--Provided by publisher.

Michelle Rowan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

134 wanted4 pay1 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,019,461 books! | Top bar: Always visible