The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an…

The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl (edition 2009)

by Ree Drummond

Member:amile79
Title:The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl
Authors:Ree Drummond
Info:William Morrow Cookbooks (2009), Hardcover, 256 pages

The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl by Ree Drummond

English (23)  Piratical (1)  All (24)
I don't like to watch her, but I really enjoyed this cookbook..Some truly awesome recipes. Lots and lots of pictures, which is the only way cookbooks should be made, in my opinion. ( )
  liv_books | Apr 18, 2017 |
I have NEVER sat down and just read a cookbook for the pure enjoyment, but this one was too cute to put down. Loved it! Glad I finally gave in and bought it, and I've even cooked some of it, to the satisfaction of my family. ( )
  sydsavvy | Apr 8, 2016 |
It's like a small slice of her blog...only a LOT more pictures. Her cinnamon rolls are to die for. ( )
  lesmel | May 18, 2013 |
I've been following her blog for ages. Love having a lot of the recipes that I've been meaning to try in one place & love the step-by-step photos. A lot of the recipes are on the "heavy" side, so it's not an everyday book. It's great when you want good comfort food though! ( )
  pixiestyx77 | Apr 26, 2013 |
This cookbook was good, but I think I prefer the PW blog. For some reason in blog form the combination of ranch stories and recipes (with fabulous photos) works better. ( )
  wwrawson | Mar 31, 2013 |

My name is Ree. Some folks know me as "The Pioneer Woman."

After years of living in Los Angeles, I made a pit stop in my hometown in Oklahoma on the way to a new, exciting life in Chicago. It was during my stay at home that I met Marlboro Man, a mysterious cowboy with steely blue eyes and a muscular, work-honed body. A strict vegetarian, I fell hard and fast, and before I knew it we were married and living on his ranch in the middle of nowhere, taking care of animals, and managing a brood of four young children. I had no idea how I'd wound up there, but I knew it was exactly where I belonged.

The Pioneer Woman Cooks is a homespun collection of photography, rural stories, and scrumptious recipes that have defined my experience in the country. I share many of the delicious cowboy-tested recipes I've learned to make during my years as an accidental ranch wife—including Rib-Eye Steak with Whiskey Cream Sauce, Lasagna, Fried Chicken, Patsy's Blackberry Cobbler, and Cinnamon Rolls—not to mention several "cowgirl-friendly" dishes, such as Sherried Tomato Soup, Olive Cheese Bread, and CrÈme BrÛlÉe. I show my recipes in full color, step-by-step detail, so it's as easy as pie to follow along.

You'll also find colorful images of rural life: cows, horses, country kids, and plenty of chaps-wearing cowboys.

I hope you get a kick out of this book of mine. I hope it makes you smile. I hope the recipes bring you recognition, accolades, and marriage proposals. And I hope it encourages even the most harried urban cook to slow down, relish the joys of family, nature, and great food, and enjoy life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:05 -0400)

In her folksy, wonderfully engaging voice, Drummond shares how she learned to cope with the isolation and peculiarities of an Oklahoman ranch life, from chasing beavers out of the pond and saddling horses, to cooking for a man who believes the sun rises and sets in a steak and baked potato. Includes delicious recipes such as cowboy calzones, pioneer woman's ribeye steaks, cheese grits, fresh blackberry cobbler, pico de gallo, and Iny's prune cake.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,209,669 books! | Top bar: Always visible