Superman Vol. 1: What Price Tomorrow? (The…

Superman Vol. 1: What Price Tomorrow? (The New 52) (edition 2012)

by George Perez

Member:DanieXJ
Title:Superman Vol. 1: What Price Tomorrow? (The New 52)
Authors:George Perez
Info:DC Comics (2012), Hardcover, 144 pages
Collections:Read, Read but unowned
Rating:**
Tags:superman, supergirl (kara), dc comics, trade paperback (comic), new 52, lois lane, 2013

Superman Vol. 1: What Price Tomorrow? (The New 52) by George Pérez

1. Superman, Vol. 2: Secrets & Lies (The New 52) by Keith Giffen (2013)
  2. Action Comics Vol. 1: Superman and the Men of Steel by Grant Morrison (2012)
  3. Green Lantern (New 52) Vol. 1: Sinestro by Geoff Johns (2012)
  4. Batman: The Dark Knight Volume 2: Cycle of Violence by Gregg Hurwitz (2013)
  5. Batman: The Dark Knight, Vol. 1 - Knight Terrors (The New 52) by David Finch (2012)
  1. Justice League Volume 2: The Villain's Journey by Geoff Johns (2012)
  2. Legion of Super-Heroes Vol. 1: Hostile World (The New 52) by Paul Levitz (2010)
  3. Green Lantern: New Guardians, Vol. 1: The Ring Bearer by Tony Bedard (2012)
  4. Superman: Earth One by J. Michael Straczynski (2010)
  5. Earth 2 Vol. 1: The Gathering (The New 52) by James Robinson (2013)

not too bad ( )
  fighterofevil | Aug 26, 2014 |
This wasn't as bad as I expected from the general trend of reviews on Goodreads. I don't think I'm really a fan of DC's stuff in general, though. I mean, I remember Superman in bright colours, as wholesome as Marvel's Captain America, but here it's all dark and broody. Maybe part of the problem is that I never read the comics before, but was a devotee of the tv series. No, not Smallville -- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman!

Anyway, this was... okay. I liked the redesign of Superman's costume which keeps the important aspects of his iconic image and tweaks things we could do without (the underwear on the outside of his costume thing). I didn't feel strongly about the art either way, though I did feel that the criticisms of the number of panels and cluttered pages are pretty valid.

The story is okay, but like I said, there's a lot of dark and broody here, which I thought was more Batman's line. There's some stuff intended to make it relevant and modern, like the Daily Planet's way of dealing with the move to digital media, but all in all, I don't know how that works. In my head, the Daily Planet smells of paper and ink, and Metropolis never really joins the digital age.

So the only New 52 titles I've really been interested in following are Batgirl and Batwoman. Hmm. ( )
  shanaqui | Apr 23, 2014 |

George Pérezprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Merino, JesusIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Scott, NicolaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

While the city of Metropolis begins looking upon Superman with suspicion instead of adoration, a new alien menace arrives with a mysterious connection to Krypton and to Superman.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,127,952 books! | Top bar: Always visible