Superman Vol. 1: What Price Tomorrow? (The…

Superman Vol. 1: What Price Tomorrow? (The New 52) (edition 2012)

by George Perez

Member:DanieXJ
Title:Superman Vol. 1: What Price Tomorrow? (The New 52)
Authors:George Perez
Info:DC Comics (2012), Hardcover, 144 pages
Collections:Read, Read but unowned
Rating:**
Tags:superman, supergirl (kara), dc comics, trade paperback (comic), new 52, lois lane, 2013

Superman Vol. 1: What Price Tomorrow? (The New 52) by George Pérez

This wasn't as bad as I expected from the general trend of reviews on Goodreads. I don't think I'm really a fan of DC's stuff in general, though. I mean, I remember Superman in bright colours, as wholesome as Marvel's Captain America, but here it's all dark and broody. Maybe part of the problem is that I never read the comics before, but was a devotee of the tv series. No, not Smallville -- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman!

Anyway, this was... okay. I liked the redesign of Superman's costume which keeps the important aspects of his iconic image and tweaks things we could do without (the underwear on the outside of his costume thing). I didn't feel strongly about the art either way, though I did feel that the criticisms of the number of panels and cluttered pages are pretty valid.

The story is okay, but like I said, there's a lot of dark and broody here, which I thought was more Batman's line. There's some stuff intended to make it relevant and modern, like the Daily Planet's way of dealing with the move to digital media, but all in all, I don't know how that works. In my head, the Daily Planet smells of paper and ink, and Metropolis never really joins the digital age.

So the only New 52 titles I've really been interested in following are Batgirl and Batwoman. Hmm. ( )
  shanaqui | Apr 23, 2014 |

George Pérezprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Merino, JesusIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Scott, NicolaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

While the city of Metropolis begins looking upon Superman with suspicion instead of adoration, a new alien menace arrives with a mysterious connection to Krypton and to Superman.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,487,005 books! | Top bar: Always visible