The Hutt Gambit by A. C. Crispin
Recently added bywpisfs, PaulJPOBrien, arbabcock, weber93, JACipriano, iamjonlarson, driko, private library, Altairia

English (5)  French (1)  All languages (6)
A young Han Solo saves an Imperial slaved Wookiee from possible death on the planet Devaron, causing expulsion from the Imperial Navy. He soon learns just how serious a Wookiee life debt is. The adventures of Han Solo traveling alongside his new partner, Chewbacca, throughout the galaxy employed by Hutts meeting new friends and old. A. C. Crispin’s sequel to The Paradise Snare and book two of the Han Solo Trilogy, Star Wars: The Hutt Gambit. It is a great book for which demonstrates and explains way of the Hutts. ( )
  Wuher | Aug 27, 2013 |
Book 2 in the Han Solo Trilogy. The series gets better with each book. I really enjoyed seeing how Han met Chewie and Lando. It was also enlightening to see how Han gains the experience that makes him such a great leader in the Rebellion.
Just the battle of Nar Shaddaa makes this book well worth the read! ( )
  psalm134_2 | May 14, 2011 |
Here we get a glimpse of the value Han will bring to the Rebellion as a leader. Plus we get to see the development of his relationship with Jabba the Hutt. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Feb 24, 2008 |
Fun stuff, but the author tried too hard to work in quotes and things from the movies. Too many comments about Han being scruffy and other things. But, it was still a peek into how Han grew up and what made him who he was. ( )
  maquisleader | Feb 17, 2008 |
Great to see Han's beginnings in the world of suggling and the start of his friendship w/ Chewie. And to think he wanted him to scram at first :lol: it will make it much more sad when I get to the NJO b/c of the spoiler I know.
I actually enjoyed the Hutt politics. usually that stuff can be boring but Ann know how to write and make it good. I hope Durga find's Aruk's killer (btw I was reading Clone Wars Vol 4 today and Aruk's in it and I was like heeeey! :lol:)
:rotfl: Han's orgasmic reaction to first laying eyes on the Falcon was awesome.
Bria gets small mentions but you get the jist. nothing to drag out. Poor Han when he saw her w/ the Moff. and he was one werid dude. *shivers*
She wrote a good battle scene. I applaude her for that. There's nothing I hate more than a boring drawn out battle scene where I can't visualize what's happening and I am confused.
did not expect a Vader appearance at all and I love the Force choke :D I wonder why he didn't sense Han's hiding in the closet? ( )
  StephanieC | Oct 17, 2006 |

Here is the second novel in the blockbuster new trilogy that reveals the never-before-told story of the young Han Solo.  Set before the Star Wars(r) movie adventures, these books chronicle the coming-of-age of the galaxy's most famous con man, smuggler and thief.

Solo is now a fugitive from the Imperial Navy.  But he has made a valuable friend in a former Wookiee slave named Chewbacca, who has sworn Han a  life debt.  Han will need all the help he can get.  For the Ylesian Hutts have dispatched the dreaded bounty hunter Boba Fett to track down the man who already outsmarted them once.  But Han and Chewie find themselves in even bigger trouble when they agree to lend their services to the crime lords Jiliac and Jabba the Hutt.  Suddenly the two smugglers are thrust into the middle of a battle between the might of the Empire and the treachery of their outlaw allies...a battle where even victory means death!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:43:15 -0400)

After deserting the Imperial Navy, Han Solo offers his smuggling services to crime lords Jiliac and Jabba the Hutt and is thrust into the middle of a battle between the Empire and a band of outlaw allies.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,388,560 books! | Top bar: Always visible