Bet you can't... Find Me by Linda S. Prather

Bet you can't... Find Me

by Linda S. Prather

I was given a copy of this book for an honest review by LibraryThing

Catherine has a company called "Psychic Consultant." She is helping Cody Allrn who heads up the homicide division , on a missing person's case. They have developed a trust between each other and Cody believes in her ability to see things others can't. One day Cody is called into the chief's office. He has been informed that he will be working with Brian Wilkes who is with the FBI. It seems that there have been a string of unsolved muders that have a connection to Catherine.

Suddenly Catherine's world is turned upside down. Her phones are tapped and she has noticed someone following her and watching her every movement. People that Catherine knows, are suddenly savagely being murdered and someone is trying to point the police to her as the suspect. Is she guilty of these heinous crimes ? Can her psychic powers help her find the truth?

The book has many twists and turns. It delves into the voodoo, psychic world that has many secrets and spirits. It takes us into the backwoods of a town that is well known for spreading terror and fear on those thst don't believe in the supernatural. The author , Linda has written a book so intense and heart pounding , and filled with tension that I could not put the book down. She has done a great job of developing characters that are strong , supportive and have a willingness to sacrifice theirselves in order to save others.

This is my first book I have read by Linda Prather but it will not be the last. There is a second book in this gripping, nonstop action story that I have to read. Thank you Linda for a book that have all the elements needed for a must read. ( )
  Harley0326 | Jun 13, 2015 |
I had high hopes for this book because of all the positive reviews and because it seemed like a good premise - a crime thriller with a supernatural twist. Also the author clearly went to a lot of trouble to get it properly formatted and proof-read, and the cover looks great.

Sadly it just wasn't very well written in my opinion. There were lots of points where I just didn't believe that characters, particularly in law enforcement, would act the way they did. I found the romance elements cringe-worthy, not because I don't like romance but because hard-bitten cops and feisty independant women suddenly become blushing, giggling and nervous. The plot isn't that complicated but the way it's told makes it feel convoluted. Also the ending has no real tension, definitely not a twist, because you've been told what will happen quite a long way beforehand.

I could go on but I really don't have the heart. There were some good ideas and if the writing was better it might have been a decent read. Unfortunately, for me anyway, it wasn't. ( )
  latepaul | Mar 29, 2013 |
Catherine Mans is a psychic making a living as a consultant working with the police when needed and doing insurance jobs, mostly arson cases. The jobs pay the bills and the salary of her assistant/best friend Rosetta Tosallina and she lives a comfortable if lonely life. Until another psychic sets her up as a serial killer, taunts her psychically to ‘Find me.’ and proceeds to destroy everything she loves. Catherine has to find the killer before the killer finishes the job, but in tracking the killer she finds out things about her past she doesn’t remember. Strap yourself in, it’s going to be a high-speed chase.

A most excellent mystery! I was on the edge of my seat, metaphorically speaking since I was actually kicked back in my office chair with my feet propped up on my desk. The twisty turny plot progressed smoothly and quickly with no dilly dallying around. The characters were interesting and well-developed. I didn’t want to put it down and my peek factor was very high. However, like humans have told the Borg since they met, ‘Resistance is NOT futile!’ and I managed (just barely) to avoid peeking at the end to see who the killer was.

I love the fact the story concluded, but an opening was left for more to come. Bring it on! I’m ready!

*Red Adept provided a copy of this book for me to review. Please see disclaimer page on my blog. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Feb 1, 2013 |

Linda S. Prather is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,312,773 books! | Top bar: Always visible