How Will You Measure Your Life? by Clayton…

How Will You Measure Your Life? (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Clayton M. Christensen, James Allworth, Karen Dillon

Member:aegan
Title:How Will You Measure Your Life?
Authors:Clayton M. Christensen
Other authors:James Allworth, Karen Dillon
Info:HarperBusiness (2012), Hardcover, 240 pages

How Will You Measure Your Life? by Clayton M. Christensen (2012)

From the author of the _Innovator's Dilemma_. The epilogue is the best part. this book also includes Christensen's essay about how strategic innovation was the key to Netflix's success as compared with and contrasted with Blockbuster Video's market decline. Although the book is not really about innovation or markets. ( )
  bikesandbooks | Jan 29, 2017 |
This isn't my preferred genre, but I found the book to be thoughtful, helpful, and even poignant. ( )
  jalbacutler | Jan 10, 2017 |
Interesting perspective on planning your life purpose from a management professor. The book incorporates numerous corporate examples, hints at management theories, and integrates all of these ideas into a few ideas that culminate in the Epilogue with three "simple steps" that you need to define for your personal purpose. The book may be finished, but then the "work" is ready to begin!

My chapter notes at http://www.devriesonline.net/pmwiki.php/Main/HowWillYouMeasureYourLife ( )
  deldevries | Jan 31, 2016 |
I struggled at times with this book. I really liked the company analogies that were used to explain situations and theories. Sometimes I felt it could have been organized a bit differently. I think it might get more readers if it had less of a "self help" sounding title. I really enjoyed it and it has given me plenty to reflect upon and a recommitment to expressing my commitments and goals in life. ( )
  becka11y2 | Jan 19, 2016 |
A life changing book. Easy too read, hard to forget. Every page brings action items to improve one's life. ( )
  amylofgreen | Apr 1, 2015 |

Clayton M. Christensenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Allworth, Jamessecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dillon, Karensecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To our families
On the last day of the course that I teach at Harvard Business School, I typically start by telling my students what I observed among my own business school classmates after we graduated.

In 2010 world-renowned innovation expert Clayton M. Christensen gave a powerful speech to the Harvard Business School's graduating class. Drawing upon his business research, he offered a series of guidelines for finding meaning and happiness in life. He used examples from his own experiences to explain how high achievers can all too often fall into traps that lead to unhappiness.

The speech was memorable not only because it was deeply revealing but also because it came at a time of intense personal reflection: Christensen had just overcome the same type of cancer that had taken his father's life. As Christensen struggled with the disease, the question "How do you measure your life?" became more urgent and poignant, and he began to share his insights more widely with family, friends, and students.

In this groundbreaking book, Christensen puts forth a series of questions: How can I be sure that I'll find satisfaction in my career? How can I be sure that my personal relationships become enduring sources of happiness? How can I avoid compromising my integrity—and stay out of jail? Using lessons from some of the world's greatest businesses, he provides incredible insights into these challenging questions.

How Will You Measure Your Life? is full of inspiration and wisdom, and will help students, midcareer professionals, and parents alike forge their own paths to fulfillment.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:21 -0400)

Akin to The Last Lecture in its revelatory perspective following life-altering events, "How Will You Measure Your Life?" presents a set of personal guidelines that have helped the author find meaning and happiness in his life.

125 wanted2 pay1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,895,976 books! | Top bar: Always visible