Pivot Point by Kasie West

Pivot Point (edition 2013)

by Kasie West

Member:pnh002
Title:Pivot Point
Authors:Kasie West
Info:HarperTeen (2013), Hardcover, 352 pages
Collections:Read, Your library
Rating:**

Pivot Point by Kasie West

So, one of the groups I am in on Goodreads, Book BFFs, which is a group that started during Bout of Books 7.0, does a book of the month every month. The pick for August was this book. I can't usually do these because my book buying budget has pretty much gone the way of the dodo bird a lot of the time with school starting and all, but since this was on sale for 1.99 for Kindle, I was able to get it and participate.

The first two weeks, I did good about following along with the scheduled chapters. But then, I just couldn't anymore. I got to chapter 20 and I had to keep going. I had to know what happened. Let me tell you, folks, I read from chapter 20 to the end in about 3 hours, in one sitting.

The story is laid out so uniquely that you just have to keep reading. You feel compelled to know how it will turn out and which path Addie is going to take. I will admit I had hoped it would turn out differently.

The writing is smooth and it feels as though it was almost effortless. While I had trouble focusing with the two different paths and the way it was laid out in the beginning, it soon became much less of a problem and I was able to fall into the words in the story. There were plenty of moments where I wanted to shake a few of the characters, rather violently. There were moments where the story brought tears to my eyes for various reasons, and I felt as though I was experiencing everything with them.

I find myself insanely frustrated now because I will have to wait until February (!!!) to see what happens next. ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |
This was an excellent story that followed two possible futures of the main character Addison. I feared the two futures would make the story hard to follow but this was not the case. Each future was interesting and engaging and the ties between them were a nice touch. The ending was a bit emotional but perfect for Addison's character. ( )
  Whitneyadela | Feb 27, 2015 |
This was a great read. I was not expecting the book to alternate between each timeline that Addie could have chosen. At first I was afraid that the story would bog down or that it would be hard to keep each story separate. My fears were not realized and instead I got a fantastic, original story. West did a great job of adding the little details that made the timelines jive together. For instance, in one timeline Addie does something with her friends and in the opposite timeline her friend tells her about it. So the whole story felt cohesive, even though it was two stories in one. A unique, enjoyable read. ( )
  readr | Feb 25, 2015 |
One word to describe this book: Unputdownable.

Just wow. This has got to be one of the most intense book I've ever read. I flipped through the pages so fast like I'm running for my life! It was not perfect but it was seriously flippin' good!

Full review to come. ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
One word to describe this book: Unputdownable.

Full review to come. ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |

"A girl with the power to search alternate futures lives out six weeks of two different lives in alternating chapters. Both futures hold the potential for love and loss, and ultimately she is forced to choose which fate she is willing to live through"--… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,172,796 books! | Top bar: Always visible