Captain Awesome to the Rescue! by Stan Kirby

Captain Awesome to the Rescue! (edition 2012)

by Stan Kirby, George O'Connor (Illustrator)

Member:EBurggraf
Title:Captain Awesome to the Rescue!
Authors:Stan Kirby
Other authors:George O'Connor (Illustrator)
Info:Little Simon (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 128 pages
Collections:Beg. Chapter Bks gr. 2-3
Tags:Series, Boy Book, Superheroes, Realistic Fiction, Mixed Format

Captain Awesome to the Rescue! by Stan Kirby

(I am no longer 8. I suspect that if I was, I would've loved this. As it was, well. It's no Captain Underpants.) ( )
  maribou | May 6, 2013 |
Reason for Reading: Ds read aloud as his reader.

A beginning chapter book for five to eight year olds and yet not written down to children that it keeps the attention of older reluctant or struggling readers. My autistic son is 12 and quite enjoyed himself with Captain Awesome & Turbo's first adventure. I also was very pleased. Nice large text, pictures on every 2-page spread, often more than one, makes use of all typical superhero devices and connects with the child as they imagine someone like themselves becoming a superhero and saving their family, town, school, etc. The language is simple at this reading level and yet it manages to contain humour, a fun plot and typical kidspeak, "dude". We have some others in the series and ds is looking forward to the further adventures of. Great start to a welcome new series especially appealing to boys. ( )
  ElizaJane | Jul 22, 2012 |
A quick read about a boy with a superhero identity. Might be a good choice for Kids Jr. book club.
  LibraryGirl11 | Jun 22, 2012 |
A simple and funny early chapter book. Just not as funny as the Calvin look-alike on the cover might have you think. With the right narration, this has the potential for a lively read aloud. ( )
  geraldinefm | Jun 3, 2012 |

When second-grader Eugene and his family move to a new neighborhood and he starts at a new school, he has a chance to bring out his superhero alter ego, Captain Awesome, to find the kidnapped class hamster.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,964,209 books! | Top bar: Always visible