The Advocate's Conviction (Volume 3) by…

The Advocate's Conviction (Volume 3) (edition 2012)

by Teresa Burrell

Member:tricia35
Title:The Advocate's Conviction (Volume 3)
Authors:Teresa Burrell
Info:Silent Thunder Publishing (2012), Paperback, 324 pages
Rating:*****

The Advocate's Conviction (The Advocate Series) by Teresa Burrell

I love The Advocate series, but this one missed the mark for me. I was distracted by reading facts that were given so that the book could be read as a stand-alone. There was a timeline error that threw me if I had not read the last book. Overall, I missed the interaction of the main characters. They felt separated, farther apart to me, especially with the way JP feels about Sabre, and what they'd been through in the last book. I didn't like the endearments from Bob, a little over the top for me, would actually have liked to see more of it coming from JP, (hint, hint)
The story was of the same caliber but felt rushed and didn't pull me along. I found myself putting it down and not as interested in picking it back up. I am still in love with this series and hope to see many more. ( )
  LCaddell | Aug 28, 2014 |
Once again Teresa Burrell has written a book with a strong, believable storyline. I love Sabre Brown for her compassion and grace under fire.

The ending is slightly telegraphed from the beginning of the book if you're a fan of mysteries. Still, the plot keeps you interested and flings a few twists and turns along the way. I can't wait to read the next book and find out what trouble Sabre finds herself in next. ( )
  divanina | Jun 28, 2014 |
Received via Member Giveaway.

A deeply moving read about - in some ways - a little known sector of the judicial system. Yes, The Advocate's Conviction is a work of fiction, but Ms. Burrell brings a credible realism to her story based on her years in the field of child advocacy.

Very good, visceral read. ( )
  strogan | May 2, 2014 |
Still going strong. Even in the third book of the series the twists still drag you in. The author never leaves a lag in the story and keeps you turning the pages. This series has been easy to read and very enjoyable. Even with her vast knowledge of the legal system she has an easy flow to her writing that is captivating. ( )
  sportzmomof5 | Dec 13, 2013 |
Totally hooked on this series! I love the female attorney and each of her "partners in crime". This book is one you want to read without putting it down. Great insight into the world of a child advocate. If you like books about headstrong, independent women, start with this series! ( )
  gjeselnik | Nov 8, 2013 |

Sabre Orin Brown's clients keep disappearing. A young boy and a teenage girl are both missing from foster care. With seemingly no connection between the two cases, Sabre enlists the help of her southern PI friend, JP, and her best friend, Bob, to find each of them - before it's too late. When her search seems to land her in a hotbed of Satanic ritual, everything points to the occult. But Sabre doesn't believe in the dark forces, and the pieces just aren't adding up. In her race against the clock, Sabre must determine whether contemporary horrors are being buried in the shadow of dark traditions - or if it's something else at work. A conspiracy years in the making, secrets hidden for decades, and the twisted work of a mysterious society have all come together in the ultimate test of the strength of Sabre's conviction.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:09 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,328,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible