Consequences (Volume 1) by Aleatha Romig

Consequences (Volume 1) (edition 2012)

by Aleatha Romig

Member:1995tu
Title:Consequences (Volume 1)
Authors:Aleatha Romig
Info:Romig Works (2012), Paperback, 372 pages

Consequences by Aleatha Romig

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (GirlMisanthrope)
    GirlMisanthrope: "Consequences" too has twists and turns, becomes sinister, while detailing an insane relationship. Cold, calculating, then a shocking ending.

Although I did not like the premises of this book, it was very captivating. I in no way shape or form enjoy reading about the brutality that comes in this book but found the story one that kept me reading. So many emotions rolled into one story. ( )
  karenvg3 | Mar 19, 2018 |
“Follow my rules: do as you are told, do not divulge personal information, actions have consequences, appearances are of vital importance, and public failure is not an option.”

Oh Claire, oh Claire. We are drawn in to your dilemma and pain. You being kidnapped by Tony, and then held hostage in his home. You are to obey him. Follow his rules. Do his bidding. Be his “slave.” We see him through your eyes. We feel your pain and anguish and longing. However, eventually, you take a turn. How do you fall in love with someone so calculating and manipulative? We cannot understand your feelings as they develop. Is it because you have compartmentalized all of the bad? Is it because of Stockholm syndrome? Can you tell us how you can love a man who would do all those evil things to you?

Tony, Tony, Tony. How we would love to impose physical violence on you. You are such a conceited man to think that it is ok to just take a hostage and do what you will with her. How can you rationalize it is ok to lock her in a room, take from her what you want, take her whole life she knew away? Your own obsessions have led you to demoralize a woman who has never done anything to you. Your secrets and abuse will eventually come crashing down on you. Karma knows you well. Convincing yourself that you have fallen in love with her, but continuing to try to destroy her soul and humanity will not supersede that love.

I tried to like Tony. But I just couldn’t wrap my head around liking him. By the end of the book, I wanted to inflict the highest amount of pain on him. Claire, I almost felt sorry for her…. Almost. How could someone convince herself that she could possibly love someone after everything he took from her and did to her. My emotions, mostly anger, were high throughout the book. We are left to wonder just exactly how far Claire is going to go to get her own revenge on those that have wronged her, and exactly how she would be able to considering her current location at the end of the book…… ( )
  AmberGoleb | Mar 13, 2018 |
That was unexpected

The world of Anthony Rawlings...

Although the story was slow and there were a lot of 'fade to black' moments, it was worth it in the end. I'm looking forward to see what happens next. ( )
  Sunshine22222 | Feb 19, 2017 |
I read this awhile back, and it still sticks with me. At first, I wasn't so sure about it because I was expecting dark erotica. This book isn't erotic. It's a psychological thriller. Consequences was the first time that this author messed with my head, and I've continued to go back for more. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

Besieged by memories of a brutal abduction, Claire Nichols wakes in an unfamiliar bedroom, within a luxurious mansion. Her recollections have one common denominator, the man she just met, Anthony Rawlings. Unbeknownst to Claire, for a very long time, she has been within Anthony's sights. Many of the pivotal events in her life occurred, due to his sinister manipulation. Every action has a consequence, and his actions result in their chance meeting.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,972,246 books! | Top bar: Always visible