Nano by Robin Cook

Info:Putnam Adult (2012), Hardcover, 448 pages
Rating:**
Tags:quit reading

Nano by Robin Cook

I read this last year but forgot to list it so I'm just putting it in now for my own benefit to keep track of what I have already read/listened to by Robin Cook..... ( )
  nyiper | May 30, 2014 |
oy. Cook has been boiled, stirred and fried. And the slops thrown out. What in the heck? Is he having ghostly writers perform for him now? The ending of this boooooook had to be the worst I have ever been forced to drudge through.

Since Cook was a medical novel writer, maybe it is time to get anesthetized.
  sheri_williams | Jul 30, 2013 |
I've really enjoyed some Robin Cook novels, but others just didn't resonate with me. This was one of the latter. Set in a high-tech industrial research & development environment, he lays out an intriguing situation and interesting characters and offers some useful information about the nature and promise of nanotechnology. But then he loses control of the book. The protagonist proceeds from one perilous situation to another, while the inscrutable Chinese who are bankrolling the illegal and unethical human experiments are also scheming to steal the company from the protagonist's boss . . . and the boss has the hots for the protagonist.
I did finish the book, but the last hour or so of reading it could have been better spent ironing my gym socks. ( )
  dickmanikowski | May 1, 2013 |
A techno-medical-corporate drama incorporating the usual unsuspecting doctor. In this case, it is Pia, from his last book, who is taking time off doing working at a research lab in Colorado. She comes across a runner who had a cardiac arrest while out jogging. From that the suspense and intrigue emerges. The book is suspenseful, but tends to drag in the last third. The last ten pages has a surprise ending. It does lend itself to a followup. Any Robin Cook fan, for better or for worse, would enjoy this. ( )
  LivelyLady | Jan 17, 2013 |
I have read all of Robin Cook's books and have generally liked them but, this book was the exception. I thought the author took too long to develop the storyline and it really didn't get exciting until the last 1/3 of the book. Plus *SPOILER ALERT* Pia didn't get saved at the end so, this allows Cook to write another book in this series as this was a sequel to Death Benefit, his last book. I wouldn't recommend this book or the one before this one, although, I thought Death Benefit was the better book. ( )
  TomWheaton | Dec 31, 2012 |
NANO is dedicated both to the promise nanotechnology brings to medicine and to the hope that any downside will be minimal.

Taking a year off from her medical studies and leaving New York City, Pia Grazdani accepts a job at Nanobots, a nanotechnology institute, where she is quickly warned not to investigate the other work done at the facility and not to ask questions about their source of funding.… (more)

48 wanted2 pay2 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,627,197 books! | Top bar: Always visible