Nano by Robin Cook

Info:Putnam Adult (2012), Hardcover, 448 pages
Rating:**
Tags:quit reading

Nano by Robin Cook

I hadn't read any of Cook's novels in a while so I thought I'd give Nano a chance. Premise was rather interesting .. but execution a bit over the top for my tastes. An odd ending, as well. The main character, Pia, was a grand pain in the ass, however, so I really wasn't that disappointed. ( )
  repb | Nov 20, 2014 |
I have read some of Cook's books before - but not in a long time. Now I am reminded why ! This is a very shallow book - long on scientific background but short on character development as well as intrigue. I doubt if I will bother with any of Cook's work in the future. ( )
  labdaddy4 | Oct 14, 2014 |
I read this last year but forgot to list it so I'm just putting it in now for my own benefit to keep track of what I have already read/listened to by Robin Cook..... ( )
  nyiper | May 30, 2014 |
oy. Cook has been boiled, stirred and fried. And the slops thrown out. What in the heck? Is he having ghostly writers perform for him now? The ending of this boooooook had to be the worst I have ever been forced to drudge through.

Since Cook was a medical novel writer, maybe it is time to get anesthetized.
  sheri_williams | Jul 30, 2013 |
I've really enjoyed some Robin Cook novels, but others just didn't resonate with me. This was one of the latter. Set in a high-tech industrial research & development environment, he lays out an intriguing situation and interesting characters and offers some useful information about the nature and promise of nanotechnology. But then he loses control of the book. The protagonist proceeds from one perilous situation to another, while the inscrutable Chinese who are bankrolling the illegal and unethical human experiments are also scheming to steal the company from the protagonist's boss . . . and the boss has the hots for the protagonist.
I did finish the book, but the last hour or so of reading it could have been better spent ironing my gym socks. ( )
  dickmanikowski | May 1, 2013 |

Robin Cookprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sappinen, Jorma-VeikkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
NANO is dedicated both to the promise nanotechnology brings to medicine and to the hope that any downside will be minimal.

Taking a year off from her medical studies and leaving New York City, Pia Grazdani accepts a job at Nanobots, a nanotechnology institute, where she is quickly warned not to investigate the other work done at the facility and not to ask questions about their source of funding.… (more)

48 wanted2 pay2 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,352,251 books! | Top bar: Always visible