Beautiful Redemption (Beautiful Creatures)…

Beautiful Redemption (Beautiful Creatures) (edition 2012)

by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl

Member:ethel55
Title:Beautiful Redemption (Beautiful Creatures)
Authors:Kami Garcia
Other authors:Margaret Stohl
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 464 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:southern gothic, teen

Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia

I'm sorry to say that I was pretty disappointed in this book. I was expecting something much different for the end of the series. ( )
  Jenna.Czaplewski | Jul 3, 2014 |
If you read the first three books of this series and enjoyed them, then you should definitely continue onto this one. If you haven't even heard of this book or its series, and you love stories about witchcraft and/or love, then this is the perfect book for you. 5Q5P The cover art is awesome and I'd recommend this book for high school students and adults. I chose this book because the cover illustration made me curious and I was already in love with the previous books in the series. KaraD
  edspicer | Jun 30, 2014 |
Reading it in Ethan Wate's POV is eerily creepy! He's a real Edward Cullen vampire. Lena was his best girlfriend. ( )
  allygggggg | Jun 11, 2014 |
An interesting idea, this book follows the events of [b:Beautiful Chaos|10757833|Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, # 3)|Kami Garcia|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327878503s/10757833.jpg|11254742] in which Ethan sacrifices himself in order to save his friends and loved ones. I thought it was a tad cheesy, but in an indulging, guilty pleasure read type way, that there was an entire book to bring this character back from the dead. The idea of this book, which tied up a handful of loose ends, was a nice concept, but like the previous 3.5 the execution of that plan left me disappointed. I was left with the overall opinion that if I had to hear about Lena and Ethan's matching 'Chucks' shoes one more time, I would simply die of boredom.
Many of the plot lines did not mesh with related plot lines, and it was all capped off with an ending that did not impress me, although had a disappointingly large amount of unused potential. I felt that Angelus was thrown into the story too late to be an overarching villainus mastermind behind it all, and frankly I felt that Ethan's mother's story line was changed so many times by this point I barely noticed when they changed the circumstances of her death. I enjoyed the reference to Acheron, the river of the underworld, but again, this story line left things to be desired.
I thought that this was a sloppy ending to the book and the series and I was quite relieved to finish the series. ( )
  AngelaRenea | May 12, 2014 |
My brain hurts. I really wanted to enjoy this, after all, it's the end of the series! The characters I'd come to love and laugh at, they were finally leaving me, waving goodbye and closing their doors (or gravestones in this book's case). But, I didn't like it. I mean, I tried, don't get me wrong, but what the hell was this!?

Confused, annoyed, blah.

I mean, yeah, it had an ending (aside from the whole Link and Ridley thing - WHAT?! I waited four books for "pass the salt" or whatever crap encounter they had at the end, not even a heartfelt conversation or a bloody kiss!) but it was just meh.

As the actual series went on, I just thought that the authors lost control of the story. They had built up this unique story line and it just fell flat. It was too good for them to live up to the expected, amazing ending. (I'm actually writing this as my cat is flying around my living room wailing, even he hated it!)

I think the only saving grace was Macon. What would we have done without him? In my opinion, he was the only likable character in this book. He got the job done, with his usual humourous one liners, and there was no nonsense in between. No pining over the insta-love all of the other characters had seemed to fall into about two minutes ago. He was believable and genuine.

Don't get me wrong, I really started off enjoying this series and the prospects it held, but it just lost my interest. Not a lot of series can re-gain my interest that late in the game, but, this being said, I will be sad to say goodbye.
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |

Kami Garciaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stohl, Margaretmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Death is the beginning of Immortality. -Maximilien Robespierre
For our fathers, Robert Marin and Burton Stohl, who taught us to believe we could do anything, and our husbands, Alex Garcia and Lewis Peterson, who made us do the one thing we never thought we could.
Other people had flying dreams.

Is death the end . . . or only the beginning?

Ethan Wate has spent most of his life longing to escape the stiflingly small Southern town of Gatlin. He never thought he would meet the girl of his dreams, Lena Duchannes, who unveiled a secretive, powerful, and cursed side of Gatlin, hidden in plain sight. And he never could have expected that he would be forced to leave behind everyone and everything he cares about. So when Ethan awakes after the chilling events of the Eighteenth Moon, he has only one goal: to find a way to return to Lena and the ones he loves.

Back in Gatlin, Lena is making her own bargains for Ethan's return, vowing to do whatever it takes -- even if that means trusting old enemies or risking the lives of the family and friends Ethan left to protect.

Worlds apart, Ethan and Lena must once again work together to rewrite their fate, in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:23 -0400)

When Ethan wakes after the chilling events of the Eighteenth Moon, his one goal is to return to Lena and his loved ones, while back in Gatlin, Lena vows to do whatever it takes to bring Ethan home--even trusting old enemies and risking the lives of those Ethan left to protect.… (more)

Kami Garcia is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

232 wanted3 pay1 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,694,371 books! | Top bar: Always visible