Beautiful Redemption (Beautiful Creatures)…

Beautiful Redemption (Beautiful Creatures) (edition 2012)

by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl

Member:ethel55
Title:Beautiful Redemption (Beautiful Creatures)
Authors:Kami Garcia
Other authors:Margaret Stohl
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 464 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:southern gothic, teen

Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia

This is one of my favorite endings to a series. Yes, it was predictable, but I really liked the way they tied so many things together. ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
For lack of a better word, WOW. I can still remember fussing over reading Beautiful Creatures and all of a sudden I had the entire series waiting on my Kindle to be read. I was and still am happy that I decided to read it, I was very surprised and didn't expect what I found in the pages of the first book and the same goes for the rest of the series. It was a very unexpected story, for me a unique and clever concept that captured my imagination and captivated me.

As Gatlin continue to suffer from Abraham Ravenwood's evil hands, and the mooon splitting, Ethan realizes he's "The One Who Is Two". He knows he has no choice but to make things right no matter the cost. Ethan made the ultimate sacrifice to save the people he loves, he had to die to create a new order. So the story basically picks up where it left off in Beautiful Chaos and Ethan finds himself on the other side where those who passed on ends up. at least some do it seems. Ethan soon finds out that he's was not suppose to die and there might be a way to return home but it is a very dangerous journey. As Ethan takes up the task of finding his way back to Lena, Amma, Link and his father he realizes there are worst things than dying and things can get even worse than he could have ever imagined.

I enjoyed this last book and seeing Ethan's and Lena's perseverance to find each other again. I'm going to miss everyone, especially Ethan, and Lena, definitely Link, Amma, Macon, Liv, John, and last but not least the sisters. When I finding my self crying at a sad part and then they just pop up on the next page, I find myself laughing. The were three of the most endearing and humorous characters in the story and possibly anywhere. Beautiful Redemption was a befitting ending to a very good story of interesting characters I won't soon forget.

I always wondered what did Amma find Link doing in her basement when he was nine years old. Well, I found out and I was surprised, not what I would have guessed. I also hoped that Ethan would be able to enjoy his chocolate milk again someday, a little biased about that, love chocolate milk a lot myself. I counld understand how hard that would have been for him, to not have his chocolate fix. LOL. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
This series should have been 3 books not 4. The middle 2 could easily have been 1 book. Having said that this book is a bit more to the point and wraps everything up nicely. I do wish authors would stop using first person if they are going to switch between character perspectives. I can see why they had to switch but it is disorientating for the reader. Kelley Armstrong does it too but I can forgive her as I really love her books. This time it was just annoying. ( )
  SashaM | Apr 20, 2016 |
More tears. I liked the ending even though it was sad. The series was tied up nicely with no loose ends to keep us wondering. Having part of the book from Lena's perspective was new and interesting. I liked hearing what she was thinking when not Kelting with Ethan. I hope the whole series is made into movies and not just book one! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Nothing is sweeter than revenge and life. After everything that has happened in Gatlin, I will be sad to leave it. That has been such a wonderful journey to follow Ethan and Lena through the ups and downs a everything that the world can throw at them. And yet they made it through for love. ( )
  purpleprincess1311 | Mar 8, 2016 |

Kami Garciaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stohl, Margaretmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Death is the beginning of Immortality. -Maximilien Robespierre
For our fathers, Robert Marin and Burton Stohl, who taught us to believe we could do anything, and our husbands, Alex Garcia and Lewis Peterson, who made us do the one thing we never thought we could.
Other people had flying dreams.

Is death the end . . . or only the beginning?

Ethan Wate has spent most of his life longing to escape the stiflingly small Southern town of Gatlin. He never thought he would meet the girl of his dreams, Lena Duchannes, who unveiled a secretive, powerful, and cursed side of Gatlin, hidden in plain sight. And he never could have expected that he would be forced to leave behind everyone and everything he cares about. So when Ethan awakes after the chilling events of the Eighteenth Moon, he has only one goal: to find a way to return to Lena and the ones he loves.

Back in Gatlin, Lena is making her own bargains for Ethan's return, vowing to do whatever it takes -- even if that means trusting old enemies or risking the lives of the family and friends Ethan left to protect.

Worlds apart, Ethan and Lena must once again work together to rewrite their fate, in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:42 -0400)

When Ethan wakes after the chilling events of the Eighteenth Moon, his one goal is to return to Lena and his loved ones, while back in Gatlin, Lena vows to do whatever it takes to bring Ethan home--even trusting old enemies and risking the lives of those Ethan left to protect.… (more)

Kami Garcia is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

366 wanted4 pay1 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,523,506 books! | Top bar: Always visible