Beautiful Redemption (Beautiful Creatures)…

Beautiful Redemption (Beautiful Creatures) (edition 2012)

by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl

508None19,971 (3.93)13
Member:ethel55
Title:Beautiful Redemption (Beautiful Creatures)
Authors:Kami Garcia
Other authors:Margaret Stohl
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 464 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:southern gothic, teen

Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia

My brain hurts. I really wanted to enjoy this, after all, it's the end of the series! The characters I'd come to love and laugh at, they were finally leaving me, waving goodbye and closing their doors (or gravestones in this book's case). But, I didn't like it. I mean, I tried, don't get me wrong, but what the hell was this!?

Confused, annoyed, blah.

I mean, yeah, it had an ending (aside from the whole Link and Ridley thing - WHAT?! I waited four books for "pass the salt" or whatever crap encounter they had at the end, not even a heartfelt conversation or a bloody kiss!) but it was just meh.

As the actual series went on, I just thought that the authors lost control of the story. They had built up this unique story line and it just fell flat. It was too good for them to live up to the expected, amazing ending. (I'm actually writing this as my cat is flying around my living room wailing, even he hated it!)

I think the only saving grace was Macon. What would we have done without him? In my opinion, he was the only likable character in this book. He got the job done, with his usual humourous one liners, and there was no nonsense in between. No pining over the insta-love all of the other characters had seemed to fall into about two minutes ago. He was believable and genuine.

Don't get me wrong, I really started off enjoying this series and the prospects it held, but it just lost my interest. Not a lot of series can re-gain my interest that late in the game, but, this being said, I will be sad to say goodbye.
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
I was so excited to see the last book in the Beautiful Creatures series.
This book is beyond fantastic. It allows the reader to take a journey of self discovery with Ethan and learn about life, love and a bit of the supernatural. It is spell bounding and shows one how to be aware of your surroundings and learn there may be more to the eye than what you see. ( )
  jreidfreeman | Feb 24, 2014 |
For lack of a better word, WOW. I can still remember fussing over reading Beautiful Creatures and all of a sudden I had the entire series waiting on my Kindle to be read. I was and still am happy that I decided to read it, I was very surprised and didn't expect what I found in the pages of the first book and the same goes for the rest of the series. It was a very unexpected story, for me a unique and clever concept that captured my imagination and captivated me.

As Gatlin continue to suffer from Abraham Ravenwood's evil hands, and the mooon splitting, Ethan realizes he's "The One Who Is Two". He knows he has no choice but to make things right no matter the cost. Ethan made the ultimate sacrifice to save the people he loves, he had to die to create a new order. So the story basically picks up where it left off in Beautiful Chaos and Ethan finds himself on the other side where those who passed on ends up. at least some do it seems. Ethan soon finds out that he's was not suppose to die and there might be a way to return home but it is a very dangerous journey. As Ethan takes up the task of finding his way back to Lena, Amma, Link and his father he realizes there are worst things than dying and things can get even worse than he could have ever imagined.

I enjoyed this last book and seeing Ethan's and Lena's perseverance to find each other again. I'm going to miss everyone, especially Ethan, and Lena, definitely Link, Amma, Macon, Liv, John, and last but not least the sisters. When I finding my self crying at a sad part and then they just pop up on the next page, I find myself laughing. The were three of the most endearing and humorous characters in the story and possibly anywhere. Beautiful Redemption was a befitting ending to a very good story of interesting characters I won't soon forget.

I always wondered what did Amma find Link doing in her basement when he was nine years old. Well, I found out and I was surprised, not what I would have guessed. I also hoped that Ethan would be able to enjoy his chocolate milk again someday, a little biased about that, love chocolate milk a lot myself. I counld understand how hard that would have been for him, to not have his chocolate fix. LOL. ( )
  chicreader | Jan 21, 2014 |

chicreader | Jan 21, 2014 |
Random Thoughts

Man Ethan and Lena were seriously whiny I almost stopped listening to it at the beginning
It picked up half way through and I had to find out how it ended
I have said it before, this would have been brilliant if it was only two books and companion pieces about some of the secondary characters
Way, way too much -- I just want to get back to Lena crap -- again I am a jaded 43 yr old wife of 20 years
Enjoyed Xavier's character and Ethans trip through the underworld
Everytime they mention Angelus ( Pronounced different) I kept thinking of the Angelus from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel - kept thinking they are pronouncing his name wrong
Nauseating lovey dovey stuff
Uneven - at times I didn't want to stop listening and than I wanted to throw the phone across the wall in frustration
Love Link and Ridley - can't help myself
One word Amma
Loved Ethan in the first 3 books but was irritated with him in this installment
Not enough of Link, John, Makin, Liv, Marianne etc - just way too much oh I miss Wade, Oooh I miss Lena - actually gagged a few times

Favorite Quotes/Passages

“You need help, and that's what books are for.”

“As I followed him along the sharp black stones, I could hear Link's voice in my head. "Bad move, man. He's gonna kill you, stuff you, and add you to his collection of idiots who followed him back to his creepy cave”

“Your bird drinks whiskey and eats tobacco?"
The old man frowned."Just be lad he doesn't like eatin' scrawny boys that don't know their way 'round the Otherworld.” why oh why - so quick and a let down for such a fabulous character

3 Dewey's

I bought this from Audible cause I just had to know what happened! ( )
  mountie9 | Jan 4, 2014 |

Kami Garciaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stohl, Margaretmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Death is the beginning of Immortality. -Maximilien Robespierre
For our fathers, Robert Marin and Burton Stohl, who taught us to believe we could do anything, and our husbands, Alex Garcia and Lewis Peterson, who made us do the one thing we never thought we could.
Other people had flying dreams.

Is death the end . . . or only the beginning?

Ethan Wate has spent most of his life longing to escape the stiflingly small Southern town of Gatlin. He never thought he would meet the girl of his dreams, Lena Duchannes, who unveiled a secretive, powerful, and cursed side of Gatlin, hidden in plain sight. And he never could have expected that he would be forced to leave behind everyone and everything he cares about. So when Ethan awakes after the chilling events of the Eighteenth Moon, he has only one goal: to find a way to return to Lena and the ones he loves.

Back in Gatlin, Lena is making her own bargains for Ethan's return, vowing to do whatever it takes -- even if that means trusting old enemies or risking the lives of the family and friends Ethan left to protect.

Worlds apart, Ethan and Lena must once again work together to rewrite their fate, in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:23 -0400)

When Ethan wakes after the chilling events of the Eighteenth Moon, his one goal is to return to Lena and his loved ones, while back in Gatlin, Lena vows to do whatever it takes to bring Ethan home--even trusting old enemies and risking the lives of those Ethan left to protect.… (more)

Kami Garcia is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,474,300 books! | Top bar: Always visible