Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs, Book 1)…

Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs, Book 1) (edition 2012)

by Macy Beckett

Member:arlenadean
Title:Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs, Book 1)
Authors:Macy Beckett
Info:Sourcebooks Casablanca (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Collections:Favorite Books, Finished Reading
Rating:*****
Tags:romance

Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs) by Macy Beckett

4.5 stars Really Cute! ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
I enjoyed this contemporary romance about rekindling a high school romance nine years later. I liked how the characters matured during the relationship but I thought the hero carried out his stubbornness from feeling worthless for too long. June must serve a month community service in her hometown where she encounters old boyfriend Luke.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Loved this one. I had actually read the second book in the series first, so I had a sense of the characters involved, but it was really wonderful to get to know Luke and June much better. In fact, now I want to go back and read book two again just to see them again.

There were a couple of times that I felt as though a jump had happened that wasn't entirely supported -- possibly something that got edited out from one draft to another -- thus the 4.5 rating rather than the 5. But all in all, it was one of those books that I had a hard time putting down. (Really hard, as in I stayed up until 3:30 a.m. one night finishing it.) I would definitely recommend it. ( )
  jendoyle2000 | Sep 14, 2013 |
This book was entertaining, but also somewhat irritating. I thought all the crazy situations that June managed to find herself in were fun. I also liked Pru and the small town setting. The three legged cat made me smile!

My irritation mostly centers around Luke. I just wanted to slap him and tell him to get over all his drama. The way he treated June at times didn't sit well with me. It made him seem like a selfish jerk.

I enjoyed most of the book (although not the hero so much) so this one gets three stars. I'm not sure yet whether I'll read the next book in the series. ( )
  Jyl22075 | Mar 31, 2013 |
Book Blog For: GMTA
Rating: 5

Review:

"Sultry With A Twist" by Jonathan Carroll was a wonderful contemporary
romance with its setting being from a small town called Sultry Springs, Texas. This author will present the reader with a funny, clever and sweet love read about the second chance of love. I will only say that it was magic how this author was able to bring Mae-June July Augustine and Luke together again with all of the sexual tension making this such 'great flirty fun' read. Luke had once been June's oldest and best friend and her first love. Now, what had happened between them? Well, this is where I say you must pick up "Sultry With A Twist" to find out just what is going on in the good read. The characters were all so very interesting making you feel that you are right there with each of them. This was such a heart felt story that will leave you only wanting more from this well written read.

I love romance novels and this will be one of my favorites. "Sultry With A Twist" will definitely be a excellent recommendation novel from me because it is indeed a beautiful, fun, sweet and yes, sexy read. ( )
  arlenadean | Jan 26, 2013 |

Completing a month of community service in her tiny Texas hometown, June Augustine would rather be opening an upscale martini bar in Austin, but finds her plans may be permanently altered by Luke Gallagher, her service supervisor, first love and ex-best friend.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,052,366 books! | Top bar: Always visible