Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs, Book 1)…

Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs, Book 1) (edition 2012)

by Macy Beckett

Member:arlenadean
Title:Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs, Book 1)
Authors:Macy Beckett
Info:Sourcebooks Casablanca (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Collections:Favorite Books, Finished Reading
Rating:*****
Tags:romance

Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs) by Macy Beckett

A contemporary romance set in a small town, insert a grandmother with a mission, and two young people meant to be. And there you have it.

Mae-June has not spoken with her grandmother in ages. Sure I got why, still I felt sorry of her gran who was all alone. June loves her job, she has plans for her future and she is an all around nice woman. Still fate (meaning her grandmother Pru has other plans for her). Oh Pru, I do like grandmothers who know what they want, even if she would be way to tough for me.

Sultry Springs, is a god fearing community. Not so many meddling old women around here (but you know that they are there). We do meet some of the church ladies and the priest. A nice cast for this book. Together with Trey, but then who is Trey? I am ahead of myself, but I will say that I hope his book is next.

The hero then. That would be Lucas, June's best friend, and the guy she has a crush on when younger. Now they are both suddenly older, but not always wiser. He has baggage and, well that needs to be worked through. But I liked him. He had been hurt, he has lost what he wanted. A good guy, even if that chip on his shoulder was mighty big. Oh and Trey's is his best friend if you wondered ;)

Conclusion:
A sweet romance about finding the love you always wanted.
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
4.5 stars Really Cute! ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
I enjoyed this contemporary romance about rekindling a high school romance nine years later. I liked how the characters matured during the relationship but I thought the hero carried out his stubbornness from feeling worthless for too long. June must serve a month community service in her hometown where she encounters old boyfriend Luke.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Loved this one. I had actually read the second book in the series first, so I had a sense of the characters involved, but it was really wonderful to get to know Luke and June much better. In fact, now I want to go back and read book two again just to see them again.

There were a couple of times that I felt as though a jump had happened that wasn't entirely supported -- possibly something that got edited out from one draft to another -- thus the 4.5 rating rather than the 5. But all in all, it was one of those books that I had a hard time putting down. (Really hard, as in I stayed up until 3:30 a.m. one night finishing it.) I would definitely recommend it. ( )
  jendoyle2000 | Sep 14, 2013 |
This book was entertaining, but also somewhat irritating. I thought all the crazy situations that June managed to find herself in were fun. I also liked Pru and the small town setting. The three legged cat made me smile!

My irritation mostly centers around Luke. I just wanted to slap him and tell him to get over all his drama. The way he treated June at times didn't sit well with me. It made him seem like a selfish jerk.

I enjoyed most of the book (although not the hero so much) so this one gets three stars. I'm not sure yet whether I'll read the next book in the series. ( )
  Jyl22075 | Mar 31, 2013 |

Completing a month of community service in her tiny Texas hometown, June Augustine would rather be opening an upscale martini bar in Austin, but finds her plans may be permanently altered by Luke Gallagher, her service supervisor, first love and ex-best friend.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,353,502 books! | Top bar: Always visible