Ever After by Kim Harrison

Ever After (original 2013; edition 2013)

by Kim Harrison

Member:myurbanfantasies
Title:Ever After
Authors:Kim Harrison
Info:Harper Voyager (2013), Hardcover, 448 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:The Hollows

Ever After by Kim Harrison (2013)

Recently added byprivate library, pnwbookgirl, slynneblarp, chessakat, LowFlyer, zuzamiller

Rachel has to help save the demons or be dead by the end of the week, usual stuff - right? Ku'Sox is causing the demons to think that Rachel is trying to destroy the Ever After. Rosewood babies have been disappearing and Quen wants Rachel to work with Trent.

It's a fast paced book that I ended up devoting a whole day to reading after getting started. I know we're getting close to the end of the series, but not looking forward to the end! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. The dynamic trio has been born. This one tipped the scales with action, intrigue and heart thumping moments. The last chapter left me with a smile so large it made my cheeks hurt. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
YAY!!!!! ( )
  faerychikk | Jan 5, 2016 |
YAY!!!!! ( )
  faerychikk | Jan 5, 2016 |
Every Kim Harrison book I read gets better and better. Just when you think you know what's going to happen, she throws a little curve ball in there, and still manages to keep her readers happy. Loved it!! ( )
  novaengliae | Dec 20, 2015 |
To the only man I'd make
butterscotch pudding for
I'd like to thank my editor,
Diane Gill
and my agent
Richard Curtis
, who have each helped shape the Hollows in uncountable ways.
This is close enough.

The ever-after, the demonic realm that parallels our own, is shrinking, and if it disappears, so does all magic. It's up to witch-turned-daywalking-demon Rachel Morgan to fix the ever-after before the fragile balance between magic users and humans falls apart.

Of course, there's also the small fact that Rachel is the one who caused the ley line to rip in the first place, and her life is forfeit unless she can fix it. Not to mention the most powerful demon in the ever-after—the soul-eater Ku'Sox Sha-Ku'ru—has vowed to destroy her, and has kidnapped her friend and her goddaughter as leverage. If Rachel doesn't give herself up, they will die.

Forced by circumstance, Rachel teams up with elven tycoon Trent Kalamack—a partnership fraught with dangers of the heart as well as betrayal of the soul—to return to the ever-after and rescue those she loves. One world teeters on the brink of interspecies war, the other on the brink of its very demise—and it's up to Rachel to keep them both from being destroyed.

When Rachel sets off a chain of events that could lead to the end of the world - demonic and human--she must use her gifts to save those closest to her while preventing an apocalypse.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,188,525 books! | Top bar: Always visible