Ever After by Kim Harrison

Ever After (original 2013; edition 2013)

by Kim Harrison

5204119,468 (4.27)19
Member:myurbanfantasies
Title:Ever After
Authors:Kim Harrison
Info:Harper Voyager (2013), Hardcover, 448 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:The Hollows

Ever After by Kim Harrison (2013)

Recently added byhessel, Bugetta, brandp, whitespiraldancer, private library, bluehwys, kpevjen, mistyroa, Tinne.Joosen

Rachel is once again the only one that can mostly save the day in this book. Ivy is off screen for the most part of the story. You do get a reminder that Rachel and Ivy on on a deadline with the vampires about actions from the previous books. Rachel and Trent are trying get the babies back that the demons have kidnapped in order to produce more demons since they suffer from the same illness that Trent's father cured Rachel of and made her in a daylight demon. The story once again pulls no punches and in a way I'll be sad that the series is wrapping up but I think it will be good instead of dragging it all out. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
Nice addition to the series but nothing shocking :) ( )
  Lorune | Jul 6, 2014 |
Eleven books later, I am still completely addicted to this world and these characters. I zipped through this book too quickly and now must wait again for book 12. Sigh. ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
Wow! I thought Pale Demon and Perfect Blood were the culmination of what a best selling series should be. I must now revise that to include Ever After. This book will pull at your heartstrings, make you cheer in delight and have you sobbing in tears. Ms. Harrison does not disappoint!

More to come.... ( )
  TheiBookEmporium | May 21, 2014 |
This book keep me on the edge of my seat the whole time. How will Rachel get out of this mess? What new disaster will occurs? How will I survive the wait until February for the Undead Pool after reading that last chapter? The chapter that I have read no less than 10 times? Five stars!!! ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | Apr 16, 2014 |
To the only man I'd make
butterscotch pudding for
I'd like to thank my editor,
Diane Gill
and my agent
Richard Curtis
, who have each helped shape the Hollows in uncountable ways.
This is close enough.

The ever-after, the demonic realm that parallels our own, is shrinking, and if it disappears, so does all magic. It's up to witch-turned-daywalking-demon Rachel Morgan to fix the ever-after before the fragile balance between magic users and humans falls apart.

Of course, there's also the small fact that Rachel is the one who caused the ley line to rip in the first place, and her life is forfeit unless she can fix it. Not to mention the most powerful demon in the ever-after—the soul-eater Ku'Sox Sha-Ku'ru—has vowed to destroy her, and has kidnapped her friend and her goddaughter as leverage. If Rachel doesn't give herself up, they will die.

Forced by circumstance, Rachel teams up with elven tycoon Trent Kalamack—a partnership fraught with dangers of the heart as well as betrayal of the soul—to return to the ever-after and rescue those she loves. One world teeters on the brink of interspecies war, the other on the brink of its very demise—and it's up to Rachel to keep them both from being destroyed.

When Rachel sets off a chain of events that could lead to the end of the world - demonic and human--she must use her gifts to save those closest to her while preventing an apocalypse.

218 wanted2 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,965,546 books! | Top bar: Always visible