Armed & Dangerous by Abigail Roux

Armed & Dangerous (2012)

by Abigail Roux

Series: Cut & Run (5)

English (24)  Italian (1)  All languages (25)
Reread #4. ( )
  CressK | Feb 28, 2018 |
Reread #5. ( )
  CressK | Feb 28, 2018 |
Armed and Dangerous is book five in the Cut and Run series by Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban. Roux goes it alone in this chapter of the Ty Grady and Zane Garrett gay mystery romance. In Armed and Dangerous Ty and Zane are again on an unusual case; this time they are escorting an ex-CIA wet works operative, Julian Cross and his lover, Cameron Jacobs to Washington DC.

The writing is just as taught and gritty in this episode, but there seems to be more humor than in previous books. Roux has a light touch and occasionally she slips into slapstick with some of the dialogue, particularly between Ty and Julian. Armed and Dangerous moves rapidly, as Ty and Zane take their prisoners from Chicago to DC.

This novel wraps up Julian and Cameron's story, which began with Warrior's Cross, as well as includes familiar characters from the Baltimore FBI office and Ty's brother Deuce and his vet friend, Nick. Roux also provides some important character background on Ty through an interaction between Zane and Nick.

As the four main characters make their danger-fraught way from Chicago to Washington DC they deal with CIA kill teams, blizzards and sabotaged cars to name but a few obstacles. Armed and Dangerous is not all action though; there are some steamy scenes between both couples. Ty and Zane reunite after Ty's dramatic departure in the previous book. While Julian and Cameron come together passionately after some harrowing moments escaping capture.

The Cut and Run continues to be a great series. Ty and Zane are an exciting and compelling couple with adventures that never fail to entertain. This is going to be a series that I read again from start to finish. I can hardly wait for the next installment, Stars and Stripes.

Reviewed by Creative Ink Romance Reviews.
  barbmanning | Oct 15, 2017 |
Ok, so I just gotta say it probably again I'm sure (I don't remember what I wrote in previous reviews). This series just keeps getting better and better!!

Not only do we get the objects of my fantasies Ty & Zane, but we also get the amazing duo of Cameron and Julian from Warrior's Cross. It's like an amazing super group, like 2 of your favorite bands teaming up for the concert of the decade, ya know.

Ty & Zane continuously grow deeper and deeper in their relationship throughout this series. We have witnessed it from it's first spark to a full-blown flame. Lust has turned to love. We go in knowing that they are in love.

-"I was always yours" "Because..you make me the kind of person I've always wished I was."

-"Because you gave me direction when I was lost. You showed me the way." "You're like my very own compass."

We've seen them have some great sex, but in this book we get our first "making love" scene.

So Zane and Ty are sent to bring in Julian as a witness and of course Cameron is a tag along. The amount of sexiness, silliness and action is perfect.
Of course, the path ahead of them is full of problems. It's always something.

Ty has some of the best lines ever.
-"I don't think I've ever been gayer than I am right now."

And Ty and Cameron together...
-"What about the animals?" "Who the hell needs this many dogs anyway?"
"What's wrong with being a pet owner?"
"Yeah, you pronounced 'hoarder' wrong."

This is an excellent read from beginning to end. As always I'm looking forward to the next book in the series about my men.

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

Of course, the path ahead of them is full of problems. It's always something.

Ty has some of the best lines ever.
-"I don't think I've ever been gayer than I am right now."

And Ty and Cameron together...
-"What about the animals?" "Who the hell needs this many dogs anyway?"
"What's wrong with being a pet owner?"
"Yeah, you pronounced 'hoarder' wrong."

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
added by gsc55 | editRJ Scott (Feb 27, 2014)

added by gsc55 | editHearts on Fire, Asabat (Jul 26, 2013)

added by gsc55 | editHearts on Fire, Susan65 (May 11, 2013)

Abigail Rouxprimary authorall editionscalculated
Crisden, SeanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Left alone in Baltimore after his unpredictable lover bails, Special Agent Zane Garrett takes his frustration out on everything in his path until he is ordered to Chicago to back up an undercover operative. When he gets there, though, he finds himself face to face with his wayward partner, Special Agent Ty Grady. They have to deal with the uncertainty lingering between them while they work to retrieve their intended mark, a retired hit man and CIA wet-works operative named Julian Cross. Ty, once a Marine and now an FBI hotshot, has a penchant for being unpredictable, a trait Zane can vouch for. Zane is a man who once lived for his job but has come to realize his heartbreaking past doesn t have to overshadow his future. They're partners, friends, lovers, and the go-to team for unusual cases. With Cross and his innocuous boyfriend, Cameron Jacobs, in tow, Ty and Zane must navigate the obstacles of a cross-country trek, including TSA pat-downs, blizzards, their uncooperative prisoners, CIA kill teams, a desperate lack of sleep and caffeine, and each other. Ty and Zane are determined to get Julian Cross to DC in one piece, but it s starting to look like it might be the last thing they do.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,613,955 books! | Top bar: Always visible