Armed & Dangerous by Abigail Roux

Armed & Dangerous (edition 2012)

by Abigail Roux (Author)

Member:Moloch
Title:Armed & Dangerous
Authors:Abigail Roux (Author)
Info:Dreamspinner Press (2012), Paperback, 330 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:narrativa, lgbt, narrativa nordamericana, ebook, english, lingua inglese

Armed & Dangerous (Cut & Run Series Book 5) by Abigail Roux

English (21)  Italian (1)  All (22)
Ok, so I just gotta say it probably again I'm sure (I don't remember what I wrote in previous reviews). This series just keeps getting better and better!!

Not only do we get the objects of my fantasies Ty & Zane, but we also get the amazing duo of Cameron and Julian from Warrior's Cross. It's like an amazing super group, like 2 of your favorite bands teaming up for the concert of the decade, ya know.

Ty & Zane continuously grow deeper and deeper in their relationship throughout this series. We have witnessed it from it's first spark to a full-blown flame. Lust has turned to love. We go in knowing that they are in love.

-"I was always yours" "Because..you make me the kind of person I've always wished I was."

-"Because you gave me direction when I was lost. You showed me the way." "You're like my very own compass."

We've seen them have some great sex, but in this book we get our first "making love" scene.

So Zane and Ty are sent to bring in Julian as a witness and of course Cameron is a tag along. The amount of sexiness, silliness and action is perfect.
Of course, the path ahead of them is full of problems. It's always something.

Ty has some of the best lines ever.
-"I don't think I've ever been gayer than I am right now."

And Ty and Cameron together...
-"What about the animals?" "Who the hell needs this many dogs anyway?"
"What's wrong with being a pet owner?"
"Yeah, you pronounced 'hoarder' wrong."

This is an excellent read from beginning to end. As always I'm looking forward to the next book in the series about my men.

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

Of course, the path ahead of them is full of problems. It's always something.

Ty has some of the best lines ever.
-"I don't think I've ever been gayer than I am right now."

And Ty and Cameron together...
-"What about the animals?" "Who the hell needs this many dogs anyway?"
"What's wrong with being a pet owner?"
"Yeah, you pronounced 'hoarder' wrong."

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
This was just amazing! Love for these couples...plus Nick, Deuce and Preston.

BR with Elsbeth and Momo
" ( )
  JulieCovington | May 29, 2016 |
I really liked this one. I read [b:Warrior's Cross|6782412|Warrior's Cross|Abigail Roux|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1355864076s/6782412.jpg|6916543] recently, so I was familiar with Julian and Cameron and their story, but I have to say I enjoyed Julian a lot more here. I’m not if that was from his snarky attitude (and his snarking with Ty) or just a byproduct of listening to the Audio (versus just reading).

This book has plenty of opportunities for everyone to show their badassery. We’ve got what starts out as a simple retrieval assignment, then turns into Ty and Zane escorting Julian and Cameron to DC (with Julian trying to escape at every opportunity). Julian and Ty pretty much hate each other on sight, which leave lots of room for amusement, just based on their personality traits alone. Plus there’s the people trying to prevent them from making it to DC.

I absolutely *loved* the animal metaphors. I want a t-shirt now that says “I’m an Elephant.” Of course, no one would probably get the reference, but alas…

Along the way, they have need of an alternate route, and this brings Nick O’Flaherty into the picture. This, as one could imagine, was a complicated little endeavor. On the one hand, Nick is TY’s oldest friend, on the other Zane is still pretty pissed off about that little kiss that happened in the last book.

However, this new encounter with Nick allows Zane and Nick time to talk, without Ty, which I think is important. It allows Nick to apologize, and for him to explain some things (both about his general history with Ty and about their shared history as POW’s). This is an emotional bloodletting, mainly because Zane hates the idea of anything that cause hurt to tie, but it also gives us a new understanding of Nick.

I had gathered (just from what little had been said in the previous book) that their experience as POW’s and his sense of loss had affected his actions previously (as well as the alcohol), but this definitely explained it a lot more. I still feel that his actions were highly disrespectful of Zane and the relationship Ty had with him (but since he really had no reason to respect Zane as a person, aside from as Ty’s partner), plus with the addition of the alcohol, he probably didn’t have as many inhibitions or control. So, I’ll let it go.

The case is resolved, Julian and Cameron can go off and do whatever, though I’m a little bit sad at Preston’s outcome, though he didn’t seem too put out by it.

I was happy to see Ty and Zane make the decision to move in together, but I cautiously curious what this might mean for both their job’s and their families (well Ty’s anyway, as far as I can tell Zane doesn’t have much contact with anyone but his sister).

On to the nest volume… ( )
  saohicwitch | Apr 21, 2016 |
I have to admit I was worried about Ty & Zane when I heard the writers split-up but Ms. Roux proved she was up to the challenge. Armed & Dangerous is every bit as good as the earlier books; job very well done! Once again an action packed race to stay alive and complete their assignment while they're trying to cope with their personal relationship.

The only change I noticed was that Zane was calmer but the reasons for that are very well covered in the story. My only worry is that the book finished like the end of a series; I sincerely hope that's not happening. I want more Ty & Zane!!!

I was happy to see Julian and Cameron from Warrior's Cross again. I really like these two.

FYI: you really should/need to read Warrior's Cross before reading Armed & Dangerous[b:Warrior's Cross|6782412|Warrior's Cross|Abigail Roux|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1251691730s/6782412.jpg|6916543] ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
added by gsc55 | editRJ Scott (Feb 27, 2014)

added by gsc55 | editHearts on Fire, Asabat (Jul 26, 2013)

added by gsc55 | editHearts on Fire, Susan65 (May 11, 2013)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,189,316 books! | Top bar: Always visible