Armed & Dangerous by Abigail Roux

Armed & Dangerous (edition 2012)

by Abigail Roux (Author)

86None141,051 (4.23)1
Member:Moloch
Title:Armed & Dangerous
Authors:Abigail Roux (Author)
Info:Dreamspinner Press (2012), Paperback, 330 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:narrativa, lgbt, narrativa nordamericana, ebook, english, lingua inglese

Armed & Dangerous (Cut & Run Series) by Abigail Roux

English (14)  Italian (1)  All languages (15)
Bravo!!! Review later. ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |
Bravo!!! Review later. ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |
Armed & Dangerous by Abigail Roux (Cut & Run Series book 5)
  Chantelle713 | Sep 25, 2013 |
OK I REALLY liked this one. Couldn't stop laughing in the midst of all the action. The boys just get more funny with each book.
And in this story, Camron and Julian's characters added so much. It was borderline adorable.

I think this flying solo did you only good, Abigail. ( )
  TheBookHammock | Sep 24, 2013 |
~~~

A Gift!

This book is a gift given by the author to the reader. It is full of exquisite romance, passion-filled exchanges and quirky little quips and phrases that are exactly what we love about Ty and Zane.

"Less talky, Zane,"
"I don't think I've ever been gayer than I am right now."
"Come on, Zane, don't be scared of a little pussy,"
_____________________

"This was like National Lampoon's Vacation, but with death, property destruction, and an Irish accent."

The Adventure: is twisted and involved enough to keep the reader on their toes and not really seeing what is to come. Plus, what's not to love about putting four gay men in a car, on a road-trip of sorts who on some level all despise or at least don't trust each other. It's great fun to see what will happen.

______________________

Even the personality of the cats ring through - "Smith and Wesson both sat down in the opening to bedroom, ready to enjoy the show".

The Characters: are all just perfect, well developed and likeable/loveable. We read this series because we are in love with Ty and Zane but the development of the secondary characters (and all of their traits) are what bring the story into the realm of "all-time favorites". Julian's epic Alpha-suaveness, Cameron's vulnerability and Preston's aloof perfection are qualities you want to explore more.

I've noticed some readers not caring for Cameron but I have to say his character is just one of my favorites. I think it is because he is me. He brings a 'normal human element into this story of 'super-perfect-cool-spy-guys that let's me identify with and allows me "into" the story. I love that!
_______________________

The Writing: is quick paced, immediately gripping and doesn't slow down...except where you want it to. The very best thing about this book for me was the amount of dialog. There was plenty of visual orientation, I never felt like I couldn't see what was going on but it was the deep and heartfelt exchanges and the quick, quirky comebacks that just drove this on. So often when I read I get bogged down in side character dialog though and the author is incredibly astute in keeping that from happening. There were glimpses of third-party elements essential to the story that came through perfectly clearly but did not slow the story down. Thank you!

So again, I say that this book was a gift from Abigail Roux to her readers. Probably in reparation for what she did to them at the end of book 4, but a gift nonetheless.

I gladly give this book 5 stars and the accolade of, "I can't wait for the next one".

~~~

Take a look at my Male/Male Romance Book Blog:

LisaT131 | Sep 21, 2013 |
added by gsc55 | editRJ Scott (Feb 27, 2014)

added by gsc55 | editHearts on Fire, Asabat (Jul 26, 2013)

added by gsc55 | editHearts on Fire, Susan65 (May 11, 2013)

Cut & Run Series Book Five - Sequel to Divide & Conquer

Left alone in Baltimore after his unpredictable lover bails, Special Agent Zane Garrett takes his frustration out on everything in his path until he is ordered to Chicago to back up an undercover operative. When he gets there, though, he finds himself face to face with his wayward partner, Special Agent Ty Grady. They have to deal with the uncertainty lingering between them while they work to retrieve their intended mark, a retired hit man and CIA wet-works operative named Julian Cross.

Ty, once a Marine and now an FBI hotshot, has a penchant for being unpredictable, a trait Zane can vouch for. Zane is a man who once lived for his job but has come to realize his heartbreaking past doesn’t have to overshadow his future. They're partners, friends, lovers, and the go-to team for unusual cases. With Cross and his innocuous boyfriend, Cameron Jacobs, in tow, Ty and Zane must navigate the obstacles of a cross-country trek, including TSA pat-downs, blizzards, their uncooperative prisoners, CIA kill teams, a desperate lack of sleep and caffeine, and each other. Ty and Zane are determined to get Julian Cross to DC in one piece, but it’s starting to look like it might be the last thing they do. [Dreamspinner]

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,457,095 books! | Top bar: Always visible