Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, Book 2) by…

Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, Book 2) (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:cranegirl
Title:Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, Book 2)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs (2007)

English (141)  Italian (1)  Piratical (1)  French (1)  All languages (144)
I love Mercy - she's such a believable heroine. She's just the right amount stubborn, she's not too dependent or lovestruck, and she's not ridiculously overpowered. I'll be reading book three as soon as I get a copy :) ( )
  nike13 | Mar 10, 2016 |
This was an exciting book that took off fast and sucked me right into the adventure...pardon the pun. As always, the writing was clean and consistent, the characters unique and well developed. I was on the edge of my seat and the suspense was written so well I had goosebumps. The plot was well thought out and while complex, it was communicated in a way that was simple to follow. I loved it!

Mercy is still struggling with "what" she is and what powers she has when a situation with the vampires forces her into the line of fire. She develops uneasy alliances and discovers new aspects to her relationship with Adam and his pack. We also learn more about Stefen's character and the long term goals of the vampire seethe. A big aspect of this book draws the clear line between good and evil in Mercy's magical world.

We also get a glimpse of a few new players. I like that we get to see a vulnerable side of Sam and I enjoyed the touching scenes shared with Mercy. I worried for him and realized I like him more than I thought. Adam still intrigues me as well and I'm curious how Mercy will handle her suitors. I'm eager to see where the next book leads! ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
More vampires and werewolves. The story was engaging and the characters well-drawn. ( )
  iBeth | Mar 4, 2016 |
The sequel to [book: Moon Called] once again follows shapeshifter and car mechanic Mercy Thompson. A demon-possessed vampire is causing tempers to flare and people to die, and Mercy's friend Stefan is the first line of defense. When he goes missing (along with several of Mercy's favorite werewolves), Mercy decides to track down and kill the demon ridden vampire, who is faster, stronger, and has far more magic than she does. Unfortunately for him, she has a lot of friends.

The central plot is good, but what really makes this book worth reading is the well-developed world. Mercy has friends, a cat, work troubles...she's a well-rounded character living in a detailed society, and if it's not the most sophisticated thing I've ever read, it's not completely mind-candy. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
I enjoyed this second instalment of the Mercy Thompson Series. Mercy is still wonderfully independent and I like her tendency to purposefully rile the big bads up. She does seem to be establishing a bit of a harem though. Not sure how I feel about that, but I look forward to seeing where this series goes. ( )
  SadieSForsythe | Feb 24, 2016 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is lovingly dedicated to the folks of the Tri-Cities, Washington, who never knew what was living in their midst.
Like most people who own their own businesses, I work long hours that start early in the morning.
"You have to be strong to survive, and stronger to want to do so."

Under the rule of science, there are no witch burnings allowed, no water trials or public lynchings. In return, the average law-abiding, solid citizen has little to worry about from the things that go bump in the night. Sometimes I wish I was an average citizen...

Mechnic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places - and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favour. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.

But this new vampire is hardly ordinary - and neither is the demon inside of him...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441014739, Mass Market Paperback)

Mechanic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places-and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favor. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.

But this new vampire is hardly ordinary-and neither is the demon inside of him.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:40 -0400)

Jalopy mechanic and were-creature Mercedes Thompson can change into a coyote whenever she wants to. As a favor, she agrees to back up vampire friend Stefan when he confronts another of his kind. But, being demon-possessed, that vampire proves deadlier than most and before she can do anything to help, Mercedes is in the middle of a war with vampires and werewolves.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,249,391 books! | Top bar: Always visible