Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, Book 2) by…

Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, Book 2) (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:cranegirl
Title:Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, Book 2)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs (2007)

Recently added byprivate library, AltheaAnn, Claudia.Anderson, mcclar, cslaughter06, chessakat, stephb6

English (135)  Italian (1)  Piratical (1)  French (1)  All languages (138)
Tough mechanic and Walker, Mercy, who turns into a coyote has love trouble, vampire trouble, and demon trouble. Basically nothing but trouble. Were's and vamps are turning up dead, anyone that tries to save them, becomes a victim too. This is some unknown evil force that may take Mercy's loves out of her life. She is forced to fight along side a force she does not trust, one that may even kill her. She learns more of what she is and her gifts.
This second book in the series was very exciting,never a dull moment ! I love her interaction men. I am off to read the next book ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this -- and I think if I hadn't just read [b:Halfway to the Grave|1421990|Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 1)|Jeaniene Frost|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41p7u5n03JL._SL75_.jpg|1412415], I probably would have given this 5 stars. ( )
  emblue | Jan 3, 2016 |
Sigh, vampires... This book is a compelling follow-up to the first in the series, and I loved seeing all the characters again. Digging a little deeper into the supernatural life, and how much the supernaturals keep hidden from the mundane humans despite the Fae's 'coming out'. There's a long stretch of the story where most of the action happens off-screen--the main narrator/protagonist is very peripheral to the searching and...stuff. That pointed to the concept of community; not everything happens to or depends upon merely one character. ( )
  irrhapsodi | Jan 3, 2016 |
The circumstances involving vampire, Stephan, were a bit off putting this go-round; but I'm willing to give the next one a try. ( )
  2wonderY | Dec 21, 2015 |
4.5 stars... The story is 4.5 stars and the narration is 5! I would have given 5 stars but there was just too much with all the explaining of things in the beginning. It might not have bothered me if there was time between the books, but I went straight from book 1 to book 2 and I didn't want all the repeated explanations.

This is an awesome series so far. I can't wait to see where it goes. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is lovingly dedicated to the folks of the Tri-Cities, Washington, who never knew what was living in their midst.
Like most people who own their own businesses, I work long hours that start early in the morning.
"You have to be strong to survive, and stronger to want to do so."

Under the rule of science, there are no witch burnings allowed, no water trials or public lynchings. In return, the average law-abiding, solid citizen has little to worry about from the things that go bump in the night. Sometimes I wish I was an average citizen...

Mechnic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places - and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favour. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.

But this new vampire is hardly ordinary - and neither is the demon inside of him...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441014739, Mass Market Paperback)

Mechanic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places-and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favor. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.

But this new vampire is hardly ordinary-and neither is the demon inside of him.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:40 -0400)

Jalopy mechanic and were-creature Mercedes Thompson can change into a coyote whenever she wants to. As a favor, she agrees to back up vampire friend Stefan when he confronts another of his kind. But, being demon-possessed, that vampire proves deadlier than most and before she can do anything to help, Mercedes is in the middle of a war with vampires and werewolves.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,179,565 books! | Top bar: Always visible