Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, Book 2) by…

Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, Book 2) (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:cranegirl
Title:Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, Book 2)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs (2007)

English (143)  Italian (1)  French (1)  Piratical (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (147)
I have so much love for this series! This was my second time reading this book and I can honestly say that I liked it just as much as I did the first and maybe even a bit more. One thing that I enjoy about re-reading books in series that I love is seeing how many things have changed for the characters. I love how some of the groundwork for future events takes root in earlier books.

The characters in this series are wonderful. Mercy is awesome. She has a wonderful sense of humor and she is tough. She knows that she is not as physically strong as many of the people she surrounds herself with but she more than makes up for it in mental toughness. She isn't afraid to take risks especially if it is the right thing to do. This book actually has a pretty big cast of characters and I really love them all. Adam and Sam are both great characters. The members of Adam's pack are all so well defined that they really stand out as individuals. I think it takes real skill to bring such a big group of characters to life.

The world building in this series is phenomenal. Everything just fits perfectly. It seems like each book adds another layer to the whole picture with complete consistency. I love all of the pack politics and learning about how all of these different groups have learned to live with each other. There were moments in this book that were quite creepy and I loved every moment of it.

I really enjoyed Lorelei King's narration. Her voice fits Mercy's character quiet well. It was really easy to follow and I thought she did a great job differentiating between all of the different characters. I also thought that she did a great job in displaying all of the different emotions of the story. I can't wait to continue this series in audio.

I would highly recommend this series to others. I think that anyone who enjoys urban fiction or paranormal stories should check out this series. I am a huge Patricia Briggs fan and can't wait to see what she can come up with next. ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Aug 14, 2016 |
Still love these books. This one widens the world a bit, bringing in more vampire politics. The love triangle (square?) continues, but its not overwhelming nor is it the major focus of the book. The conclusion is satisfactory. The cover art continues to be ridiculous, but that's true of the whole series. I still highly recommend. ( )
  duchessjlh | Jul 5, 2016 |
Really good book. I think I enjoyed this one more than the first. Loving the characters, they're all interesting and well written. The plot was good and didn't really slow down once. Kept me going :) ( )
  thanbini | Jun 19, 2016 |
A dominant wolf's desire to protect was a strong instinct- Samuel was very dominant. Give him an inch, and he's take over the world- my life, if I let him.

While being impressed, I wasn’t blown away by the first book, but I still was itching to see where the writer led me next in the unusual life of Mercy. Many recommendations and high five praises helped me have hope the series would rise above average with each book. It is easy to see glimpses of greatness trying to sneak a peek out of the first book’s pages.

Happily the hippy Stefan plays a heavier role as he calls in some friend-obligation favors from pal Mercy. Obliged to help her vamp friend battle a supernatural nemesis that’s bringing down the city, she prioritizes the fight while juggling a potential love triangle and trying to see where she fits into the local pack safely.

Action wises it pushes the first off the bookshelf with a hard shove, having much more exciting stuff at play and starting earlier. This also can rev the heart more since it seems the characters are brought more into the limelight and seem more alive.

Adam’s intriguingly awesome and delicious. Samuel is haunted but that backstory history certainly took creative sparks to conjure. Not many are in mood for “romantic/hate love knots” and really, Briggs doesn’t torture us. The love triangle is subtle, a mere possibility looming, in the face with a caress but not a cliché slap.

Stefan simply fascinates. He sounds hokey by review but he sure rocks by book.

There’s airs of mystery with him too so it’s hard to know what’s going to come up. The villain is well done and bizarre.

Briggs again dishes out a great heroine, and she clearly has fun making her supe world flesh out to a more realistic experience. I’m pleased I continued with this series – as I figured it got better with the second book.

To me this improved much upon the first. Mercy is just as likeable as always, but the plot seems firmer and more exciting. I read this one quickly, devouring the drama and relationship angles that aren't laid on TOO thickly, the bizarre villain, some pretty disturbing stuff, and the "super ending". It's as if the author took the characters from the first book and spruced them up for this one. It's not the kind of intense story where you'll be on the edge-of-your-seat chomping your nails to the bit, but still further fleshed out and intriguing.

ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
loved it. ( )
  Emmy_Gerard | Jun 3, 2016 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Enzweiler, MichaelMapssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is lovingly dedicated to the folks of the Tri-Cities, Washington, who never knew what was living in their midst.
Like most people who own their own businesses, I work long hours that start early in the morning.
"You have to be strong to survive, and stronger to want to do so."

Under the rule of science, there are no witch burnings allowed, no water trials or public lynchings. In return, the average law-abiding, solid citizen has little to worry about from the things that go bump in the night. Sometimes I wish I was an average citizen...

Mechnic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places - and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favour. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.

But this new vampire is hardly ordinary - and neither is the demon inside of him...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441014739, Mass Market Paperback)

Mechanic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places-and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favor. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.

But this new vampire is hardly ordinary-and neither is the demon inside of him.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:40 -0400)

Jalopy mechanic and were-creature Mercedes Thompson can change into a coyote whenever she wants to. As a favor, she agrees to back up vampire friend Stefan when he confronts another of his kind. But, being demon-possessed, that vampire proves deadlier than most and before she can do anything to help, Mercedes is in the middle of a war with vampires and werewolves.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,248,559 books! | Top bar: Always visible