Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, Book 2) by…

Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, Book 2) (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Patricia Briggs

3,692None1,418 (4.19)109
Member:cranegirl
Title:Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, Book 2)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs (2007)

coyote (29) dark fantasy (23) demons (20) ebook (31) fae (52) fantasy (352) fiction (181) horror (27) Kindle (20) magic (39) Mercy Thompson (160) mercy thompson series (36) mystery (32) own (22) paperback (23) paranormal (167) paranormal romance (51) patricia briggs (32) read (54) romance (62) science fiction (18) series (68) sff (27) shapeshifters (165) supernatural (45) to-read (45) urban (28) urban fantasy (364) vampires (308) werewolves (375)

English (123)  Italian (1)  French (1)  All languages (125)
Mercy helps Stephan ( )
  warangel820 | Apr 2, 2014 |
Another fun read. Ms Briggs has given us a series well worth sitting down and reading! ( )
  suteko | Mar 31, 2014 |
I really love this series so far and am so glad that I decided to read the first book in the series when I did. I enjoyed this book as much if not more than the first of the series. Mercy is such a fascinating character to read about and she is surrounded by such awesome creatures.

I really liked getting to read more about Stefan and the vampires and getting to learn about their power structure. It was interesting comparing and contrasting them with the werewolves. I liked the extra action and energy that was added to this by the sorcerer and I definitely found myself a bit too scared while reading about him.

In the first book I had liked that the whole love triangle didn't take over the story. In this one I feel like it kind of did take over the story at times and it even grew into a love square (which I can't say I didn't see that coming). Don't get me wrong, I love me some romance but I feel like this book had such great action that I would have liked a teeny bit less of the love square (Although I am absolutely rooting for Adam and have been since the first book.).

I can't wait to read more of this series. ( )
  dpappas | Feb 27, 2014 |
We learn more about the vampires and their culture in this story when a demon possessed sorcerer who was turned into a vampire is able to enthrall other vampires and alter their memories. The evil from the demon causes werewolves to lose control and violent crimes by humans to skyrocket. The vampires and werewolves work together on this one to find the sorcerer/vampire and Mercy finally learns why it is the vampires fear walkers.

Mercy is not fearless—far from it—this VW mechanic who was raised with werewolves will do what she thinks is necessary to stop this guy as so many people she knows are being affected. Heck, even the police are asking for her help. But nor is she Wonder Woman. This story offers a great deal of tension and emotion, as well as the ongoing back story with two dominant werewolves wanting her for a mate. She’ll have to choose soon.

I enjoy the balance between world, character building and storytelling as we and sometimes Mercy discovers more about the main supernatural factions. She's accepted on different levels by the different groups, but there aren't any other walkers, so in some emotional aspects, she's very much alone, yet is the bridge between species. We follow Mercy through much of her day-to-day life as a mechanic helping her character to seem very real. There are many characters in this book that I’d love to be friends with, as well as others I’d never want to meet.

This story, like Moon Called, sucked me right in. ( )
  dearheart | Jan 6, 2014 |
a demon possessed vampire goes on a killing spree ( )
  Talthor | Dec 31, 2013 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is lovingly dedicated to the folks of the Tri-Cities, Washington, who never knew what was living in their midst.
Like most people who own their own businesses, I work long hours that start early in the morning.
"You have to be strong to survive, and stronger to want to do so."

Under the rule of science, there are no witch burnings allowed, no water trials or public lynchings. In return, the average law-abiding, solid citizen has little to worry about from the things that go bump in the night. Sometimes I wish I was an average citizen...

Mechnic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places - and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favour. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.

But this new vampire is hardly ordinary - and neither is the demon inside of him...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441014739, Mass Market Paperback)

Mechanic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places-and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favor. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.

But this new vampire is hardly ordinary-and neither is the demon inside of him.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:11 -0400)

Jalopy mechanic and were-creature Mercedes Thompson can change into a coyote whenever she wants to. As a favor, she agrees to back up vampire friend Stefan when he confronts another of his kind. But, being demon-possessed, that vampire proves deadlier than most and before she can do anything to help, Mercedes is in the middle of a war with vampires and werewolves.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,430,268 books! | Top bar: Always visible