Red by Ted Dekker

This book is very exciting and emotional, and is very hard to put down! The is a lot of suspense and it has a Christian background. It is an amazing book and I would heavily encourage anyone who loves a mind-bending book to read it. 5Q4P The cover art is okay and I'd recommend it to high school students and adults. I chose to read it because I have been reading the series and I love it! AriannaF
  edspicer | Aug 10, 2014 |
I wasn't quite as impressed with this book in the series, but it was still enjoyable. Dekker didn't go nearly as in depth with the character of Elyon as I would have liked and the messiah character wasn't developed nearly enough. I've also found that I don't care nearly as much about the "Bangkok" reality and the threat to the world in the form of the virus. In all, it was still a worthy read and I look forward to reading the next book. On that note, Green was recently released and I'm a bit disappointed that Dekker has gone the way of many authors who have a good thing and then ruin it by creating bunches of new books ("The Lost Books") and then not ending a series when they say they will (that's for you, Paolini!) But, I haven't completed White and I'm giving it a chance. We'll see!!
  EnglishGeek13 | Mar 1, 2011 |

Ted Dekker's second book keeps the reader comple...more A life turned upside down and inside out is the life of Thomas Hunter. As he teeters between two not-so-different worlds, Thomas finds himself racing against time to advert destruction. In our world, it is a race to find a cure for the Raison Strain-a virus that has annihilating properties. A monumental battle against the ever-imposing Horde is on the horizon as the Forest people begin falling apart at the seams in Thomas' dream world.

Ted Dekker's second book keeps the reader completely engaged. It is a fast moving storyline on both world accounts. In the midst of journeying with Thomas' characters between the two worlds, the reader begins to contemplate which world is the real world and which is the dream world. The characters are well-written and believable. It is easy to relate to the characters as exciting to see them develop even further. Dekker's writing pulls the reader in to the point of feeling in the middle of it all. It is a book packed with action, sacrifice, suspense, and above all, love. Though this book has Christian undertones, it can easily be enjoyed by any reader. This is a book I would recommend to anyone who enjoys fantasy and suspense. ( )
  aziemer | May 28, 2010 |
This review is being written four years after the fact. My father recommended this series, otherwise I would never have picked it up. I enjoyed it at the time, though a lot of stuff bugged me; namely, that the "real world" plot was pretty unbelievable, and the "alternate world" plot got fairly heavy-handed with Christian allegory.

That said, four years later, a lot of the imagery from this series has stuck with me. If I thought it a bit hokey back then, now I'd say it's more enjoyable in hindsight, and maybe more powerful. I have a feeling that if I reread it today, it would disappoint; but I can see myself recommending it to my kids when they reach their teens. ( )
  saltmanz | Apr 16, 2010 |
It took me way too long to read this. About 2/3 of the way through, I finally got sucked in and read the last bit really quickly. That last 1/3 was overwhelmingly powerful. The final scenes with Justin and Elyon and the children and Thomas and Johan and Rachelle were so evocative of the gospel that it brought me to tears. Granted, I’m a Christian so the allegory was crystal clear. I’m not sure how someone who is not intimately familiar with Jesus would understand the story. But it really got to me.

Overall, however, I didn’t like this one quite as much as Black, mostly because I had a hard time sorting out the different betrayals that were going on between the Forest People and the Horde, and because I didn’t feel like the story on “Earth” moved forward all that much. Still, most of the story — especially in the forest — was compelling. I ended up liking (and therefore caring about) the characters more in this book than Black, too. Always a good thing.

Read my full review here: http://c2rcc.wordpress.com/2010/01/25/5-red-by-ted-dekker/ ( )
  letseatgrandpa | Feb 23, 2010 |

Ted Dekkerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Räsänen, OiliTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Drie romans - twee werelden - een verhaal
"For my children. May they always remember what lies behind the veil."
"Thomas urged the sweating black steed into a full gallop through the sandy valley and up the gentle slope."
Please do not combine the main work with the graphic novel adaptation of the work. Thank you.

"We have stepped off the cliff and are falling into madness."

The mind-bending pace of Black accelerates in Red, Book Two of Ted Dekker's groundbreaking Circle trilogy. Less than a month ago, Thomas Hunter was a failed writer selling coffee at the Java Hut in Denver. Now he finds himself in a desperate quest to rescue two worlds from collapse. In one world, he's a battle-scarred general commanding an army of primitive warriors. In the other, he's racing to outwit sadistic terrorists intent on creating global chaos through an unstoppable virus.

Two worlds on the brink of destruction. One unthinkable solution.

Enter an adrenaline-laced epic where dreams and reality collide. Nothing is as it seems, as Black turns to Red

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:03 -0400)

Less than a month ago, Thomas Hunter was a failed writer selling coffee at the Java Hut in Denver. Now he finds himself in a desperate quest to rescue two worlds from collapse. In one world, he's a battle-scarred general commanding an army of primitive warriors. In the other, he's racing to outwit sadistic terrorists intent on creating global chaos through an unstoppable virus. Two worlds on the brink of destruction. One unthinkable solution.… (more)

83 wanted5 pay7 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,836,341 books! | Top bar: Always visible