dismiss

Three by Ted Dekker

Three

by Ted Dekker

A nightmare world begins for Kevin, a young seminarian, when he receives a cell phone call from an unknown man directing him to confess his sin to the world in three minutes or be blown to bits.

English (51)  Dutch (2)  Portuguese (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (55)
This book sounded like it had an interesting premise, but it quickly turned into a mess.

The plot revolves around a man who has a form of multiple personality disorder than is supposedly completely unprecedented. He is the 'everyman' struggling between good and evil, while his other two personalities represent the good and evil that every one struggles with.

Had the book included this plot in the synopsis, rather than using it as the twist ending, I would probably have been okay with it. Instead, the author uses various gimmicks to try to keep up the suspense on whether or not there is a serial killer in this book, or if the main character is secretly housing multiple personalities. ( )
  allyofthedawn | Feb 12, 2020 |
Thr3e by Ted Dekker

Kevin gets an alarming phone call while driving home one day. He has three minutes to tell the world his "sin" or his car will explode. He continues to get threatening calls, with impossible to answer riddles and dire consequences if he does not comply.

A fast paced psychological thriller with an intense original plot. The characters are well developed, especially Kevin. With descriptive details, intense dialog, secrets revealed, twists and turns. I was on the edge of my seat. I highly recommend Thr3e to those who love a great psychological thriller. ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Dec 3, 2018 |
Josh
  LoBiancoBuzzard | Apr 4, 2017 |
I am glad this was my third book by Dekker, cause it blew me away and now I have very high expectations for everything else I read. Tempered by what I've already read. Incredible! One man, 3 completely distinct personalities, battling it out. A psychological take on the Trey Nature of Man[at least according to Dekker]-ourself, our sin self and our regenerated self. I don't agree with his conclusions, for I believe that once a man is saved, he is Regenerated, a completely new being. The flesh is not a nature", but an outergarment. But anyway, this was an excellent book even if I did want to kill Kevin for being such a wuss and stupid idiot throughout most of it." ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
magine a world where ABSOLUTELY nothing is what it seems. A world where even craft-masters M. Night Shyamalan and Alfred Hitchcock couldn't predict what's around the next bend. Kevin is a Seminary student with a big problem - he's being stalked by a madman who knows too much - more than even Kevin, at times. As he is forced to deal with the past he fought so hard to escape, Kevin wonders the whole time if he can truly find freedom, even with the help of an old friend and an FBI agent running from demons of her own. Even if you think you know, you still have NO idea.

One of the things I really liked about "Three" was its multiple layers. It was so well-written that, even though the answer to the whole story was presented at the beginning, it was not obvious until it smacked you in the face at the end. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |

Ted Dekkerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Räsänen, OiliTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,735,784 books! | Top bar: Always visible