Three by Ted Dekker

Three

by Ted Dekker

Recently added byleni.stuff, Brant_Klassen, Leefa-lou, kintonk, private library, HarleySxm, evaaa_grace, Antaisha

English (51)  Dutch (3)  Portuguese (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (56)
Thr3e by Ted Dekker

Kevin gets an alarming phone call while driving home one day. He has three minutes to tell the world his "sin" or his car will explode. He continues to get threatening calls, with impossible to answer riddles and dire consequences if he does not comply.

A fast paced psychological thriller with an intense original plot. The characters are well developed, especially Kevin. With descriptive details, intense dialog, secrets revealed, twists and turns. I was on the edge of my seat. I highly recommend Thr3e to those who love a great psychological thriller. ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Dec 3, 2018 |
Josh
  LoBiancoBuzzard | Apr 4, 2017 |
I am glad this was my third book by Dekker, cause it blew me away and now I have very high expectations for everything else I read. Tempered by what I've already read. Incredible! One man, 3 completely distinct personalities, battling it out. A psychological take on the Trey Nature of Man[at least according to Dekker]-ourself, our sin self and our regenerated self. I don't agree with his conclusions, for I believe that once a man is saved, he is Regenerated, a completely new being. The flesh is not a nature", but an outergarment. But anyway, this was an excellent book even if I did want to kill Kevin for being such a wuss and stupid idiot throughout most of it." ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
magine a world where ABSOLUTELY nothing is what it seems. A world where even craft-masters M. Night Shyamalan and Alfred Hitchcock couldn't predict what's around the next bend. Kevin is a Seminary student with a big problem - he's being stalked by a madman who knows too much - more than even Kevin, at times. As he is forced to deal with the past he fought so hard to escape, Kevin wonders the whole time if he can truly find freedom, even with the help of an old friend and an FBI agent running from demons of her own. Even if you think you know, you still have NO idea.

One of the things I really liked about "Three" was its multiple layers. It was so well-written that, even though the answer to the whole story was presented at the beginning, it was not obvious until it smacked you in the face at the end. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
I. Loved. This. Book. Really, the only problem, and it was minor, was that it lagged in spots. The reason the slowing down was noticeable for me was that for the most part, the pace was really fast. I really loved how Dekker played with the reader's head near the end. I don't want to give anything away, so I'll be vague, but just when I thought I knew what was going on, he'd spin it another way, when I thought perhaps he was leading me away intentionally, something would occur to make me think, "Okay, so it really was..." and then a page later I was back to believing my first guess was right. Well done. I'm sure that makes absolutely no sense if you haven't read this book.

Anyway, I love Dekker's voice and style as well. I'll be picking up another of his books soon. ( )
  ReneeMiller | Feb 25, 2016 |

Ted Dekkerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Räsänen, OiliTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Enter a world where nothing is what it seems. Where your closest friend could be your greatest enemy.

Kevin Parson is driving his car late one summer day when, suddenly, his cell phone rings. A man who identifies himself as Slater speaks in a breathy voice: You have exactly three minutes to confess your sin to the world. Refuse, and the car you're driving will blow sky high.

Kevin panics. Who would make such a call? What sin? Kevin ditches the car. Precisely three minutes later, a massive explosion sets his world on a collision course with madness.

From the #1 best-selling fiction author comes a powerful story of good, evil, and all that lies between.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:41 -0400)

A nightmare world begins for Kevin, a young seminarian, when he receives a cell phone call from an unknown man directing him to confess his sin to the world in three minutes or be blown to bits.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,622,571 books! | Top bar: Always visible