White by Ted Dekker

White (2004)

by Ted Dekker

Series: Circle series (3)

A good ending to a good story. ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
This book has a twisting plot that draws you in for more. It's emotionally intense and griping from the beginning, but you should start at the beginning of the series. 5Q4P The cover is awesome and I'd recommend this book for high school students and adults. I chose to read this book because I absolutely love this author. AriannaF
  edspicer | Jun 16, 2014 |
I wasn't as disappointed in this book as I was "Red," but "White," in the same way, didn't meet my expectations compared to "Black." I was satisfied with the ending and I'm not quite sure why "Green" has been written. I guess I'll read it to find out.
  EnglishGeek13 | Mar 1, 2011 |
Thomas Hunter's life is never easy these days. The threat of the unleashed virus weighs heavily on Earth. A terrorist, who unleashed the viral weapon and holds the key to the antidote-which can be exchanged for the world's nuclear power, is on the hunt to kill Thomas. Being killed is the least of Thomas' worries as he furiously attempts to retrieve the antidote before it's too late. Though Earth is being ravaged by a virus, Thomas has little control over when he sleeps and the events that occur in them. While trying to unite the Forest people and fend off the Horde, Thomas' heart has fallen for a woman. However, this is no ordinary woman. The consequences of their love with surely bring war and death to the two as well as Thomas' people.

Ted Dekker's third installment does not disappoint. The development of the characters brings to light vaious emotional traits: love, sacrifice, pain, and strength. The reader finds that there are characters worth rooting for while there are others to loath. The quick-paced writing found in the previous two novels, is not lost in the third. The Circle series is a continuous thrill ride. The reader is engulfed by Dekker's writing style as his depictions surround the reader to feel and see as the characters feel and see. A fantastical, thrill of a ride to be taken by any reader willing. I highly recommend this book. ( )
  aziemer | May 28, 2010 |
This review is being written four years after the fact. My father recommended this series, otherwise I would never have picked it up. I enjoyed it at the time, though a lot of stuff bugged me; namely, that the "real world" plot was pretty unbelievable, and the "alternate world" plot got fairly heavy-handed with Christian allegory.

That said, four years later, a lot of the imagery from this series has stuck with me. If I thought it a bit hokey back then, now I'd say it's more enjoyable in hindsight, and maybe more powerful. I have a feeling that if I reread it today, it would disappoint; but I can see myself recommending it to my kids when they reach their teens. ( )
  saltmanz | Apr 16, 2010 |

Ted Dekkerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Räsänen, OiliTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Voor mijn kinderen.
Dat ze nooit zullen vergeten
wat zich achter de sluier bevindt.
Finley, aantal inwoners: 543. Dat stond er op het bord.
Please do not combine the main work with the graphic novel adaptation of the work. Thank you.

Never break The Circle.

In this final installment of Ted Dekkers groundbreaking Circle trilogy, Thomas Hunter has only days to survive two separate realms of danger, deceit, and destruction. The fate of both worlds hinges on his unique ability to shift realities through his dreams.

Now leading a small ragtag group known as The Circle, Thomas finds himself facing new enemies, never-ending challenges, and the forbidden love of a most unlikely woman.

Enter the Great pursuit, where Thomas and a small band of followers must decide quickly who they can trust--both with their own lives and the fate of millions. Dreams and reality quickly bleed into each other as time runs out. And neither the terror of Black nor the treachery of Red can prepare Thomas for the forces aligned against The Circle in White.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:17 -0400)

In this final installment of Ted Dekker's ground-breaking Circle trilogy, Thomas Hunter has only days to survive two separate realms of danger, deceit, and destruction. The fate of both worlds now rests on his unique ability to shift realities through his dreams, carry out the charge given to a small ragtag group known as The Circle, and earn the forbidden love of a most unlikely woman. Enter the great pursuit, where Thomas and a small band of followers must decide quickly who they can trust--both with their own lives and the fate of millions. Neither the terror of Black nor the treachery of Red can prepare Thomas for the forces aligned against The Circle in White.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,622,900 books! | Top bar: Always visible