The Front Line: A Prayer Warrior's Guide to…

The Front Line: A Prayer Warrior's Guide to Spiritual Battle (edition 2012)

by John Bornschein, David Butts, Kathy Branzell, Dion Elmore

Collections:Your library, Early Reviewer, Discipleship, 2012
Rating:****1/2

The Front Line: A Prayer Warrior's Guide to Spiritual Battle by

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Vice Chair John Bornschein of the National Day of Prayer Task Force collected the writings of this book to inspire 'prayer warriors' with creative, novel approaches to thinking about believing (rather than ceremonial) prayer. He wrote 7 chapters himself, co-authored another, and used individual chapters from 4 others.

The 5 points at the start give a good idea what he has in mind throughout the book. After walking logically through one's absolute dependence and reliance upon God, point 4 urges the praying believer to urge God to work AT salvation IN the world in which we find ourselves for, left to entropy, things are definitely going downhill in a very evident way.

Many of us can think of some very real ways that life is not good because of the entropic processes which so many of us allow to continue, but the hope of salvific intervention from Outside is one that seems far outside the domain of what we have come to expect - precisely why the believer may think that the kind of Help we REALLY need must COME from Beyond. ( )
  vegetarian | Apr 26, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
If you really want to be challenged about how to pray, pick up this book. The language is direct and moving and gets right to the point. While I would not read this on a summer at the beach, if you're serious about learning to communicate with God and call down fire from the Holy Spirit, start reading. It's not only interesting, it's powerful information that will help you in your walk with God. ( )
  lonevocalist | Mar 23, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Book exchanged for an honest review~

If you're searching for a guide to being a prayer warrior this is your book. I've read other books on prayer but none that compare to information imparted in this guide. Do you desire a better prayer life? The Front Line shows you the way to a better prayer life. Do you feel your prayer life is lacking or missing something? The Front Line gives you steps to take in making a better prayer life in not only your personal life but every aspect of your daily life. The Front Line shows you how to discover what is lacking in your prayer life and how to get it back. It shows you how to make your personal prayer life a true relationship with God. It shows you scripturely where to look to gain a more personal relationship with God and true communion with the Holy Spirit. I learned so much from reading this book and know that it will enrich my spiritual and prayer life in ways I can't see yet. Are you a prayer warrior? Do you want to be a prayer warrior? This book is the perfect guide to help you achieve this goal.

As stated earlier, I've read other prayer guide books but they don't compare to this one. I've highlights and notes as a way to remember key points. I will definitely return to this book in the future as a refresher course. Don't just take my word about this book see for yourself what I'm talking about. Your questions and answers await you in The Front Line:A Prayer Warrior's Guide to Spiritual Battle. ( )
  WolfFaerie17 | Jan 27, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Had a lot of great info,and I enjoyed reading the different authors take on prayer. I hoped I can apply some new techniques to my prayer life as well. ( )
  nirrad | Jan 13, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I won this book through Librarything.

This book is for anyone wanting to start praying, but aren't sure how. Even people who have been praying for years will appreciate how the authors explain the fundamentals of prayer.

1. Why do we pray?
2. How should we pray?
3. When and where do we pray?
4. How will we know God's answer?

The authors write well thought out and easy to read text. They back it up with biblical scripture. I have been remiss in my prayers lately, but this book helped to bring me back to the proper etiquette for conversing with my Lord. ( )
  pamkaye | Dec 30, 2012 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Front Line: A Prayer Warrior's Guide to Spiritual Battle by was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,388,629 books! | Top bar: Always visible