Beach Colors: A Novel by Shelley Noble

Beach Colors: A Novel (edition 2012)

by Shelley Noble

Member:penelopemarzec
Title:Beach Colors: A Novel
Authors:Shelley Noble
Info:William Morrow Paperbacks (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 368 pages
Rating:*****

Beach Colors: A Novel by Shelley Noble

Recently added byJudithDCollins

Loved this book! This was my first book by Shelley Noble (as I tend to stay with the authors I am comfortable with; however, like to branch out when I see a cover or summary, I feel drawn to). I read Beach Colors on my NOOK, and it captured me from the first chapter! I started it on Saturday and finished it on Sunday, as loved the characters (Mags, Nick, Connor, the moms, and of course the BFFs! The setting was a big draw as love beach towns and the excitement of the designers. A captivating story of summer breezes, love, challenges, heartbreak, and starting over! Would love to see a series, and hear more from Nick and Margaux and the others! ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |

Pretty gaggy. And the whole looking for a tenure-track job as a history professor before completing a MA degree was a bit much. As was all the misspelled French. ( )
  purpleiris | Feb 3, 2014 |
This is a wonderful book. Every character is carefully delineated--no matter how small a part they play in the story. I truly enjoyed it. I wish I had the clothes Margaux designed, too. ( )
  penelopemarzec | Nov 10, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
With nowhere else to go, Margaux Sullivan returns to her family summer home at the shore at Crescent Cove, CT. She's lost everything to her husband - their NYC apartment; her successful business; the bank accounts; their marriage.
As she tries to figure out how to move forward she reconnects with people from her past - people she grew up with during the summers. One in particular is Nick Prescott. Although she doesn't recall knowing him as a girl he remembers everything about her - at least what he knew from afar as he never spoke to her back then. There's a world of difference when one is 14 and the other 18. But now, both in their 30s, he'd like to really get to know her.
Nick is the polar opposite of Margaux's ex. He gave up his dream job of history professor to come home and take care of his mom and nephew. It's mostly out of guilt for what happened to his brother but it's also just because he's an upstanding guy. Margaux has no intention of starting a relationship but she finds Nick irresistible on a few levels. Her main focus is finding her love of design again and making her mark with a new line. But will she find happiness and contentment if the NY fashion scene takes notice?
There are several characters dealing with issues in Beach Colors. I can see that this could be the start of a series. I wonder... Anyway, I enjoyed them all (seriously, Linda was a hoot!) and would definitely like to read more about them in future books.
Overall, I liked Beach Colors. Thanks to Library Thing for the Early Reviewers copy! ( )
  BookfanMary | Aug 23, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A nice little "beach" story. There seems to be a lot of this genre out there right now. Good story line, well-developed characters, but the same love-lost-and-found theme. Not a bad way to spend a day at the beach. I read this one while at Nags Head, NC, ( )
  ellasmeme | Jul 27, 2012 |

Suddenly broke, betrayed, and humiliated, Margaux has nowhere else to turn to but home: the small coastal town of Crescent Cove, Connecticut, where she once knew love, joy, and family before she put them behind her on the climb to fame. When she's stopped for speeding by local interim police chief Nick Prescott, Margaux barely remembers the "townie" boy who worshipped her from afar every summer. But Nick is all grown up now, a college professor who gave up his career to care for his orphaned nephew, Connor. Though still vulnerable, Margaux is soon rediscovering the beauty of the shore through young Connor's eyes . . . and, thanks to Nick, finding a forgotten place in her heart that wants to love again.

But as she continues to work on a bold new line that will get her back into the game, Margaux realizes that soon she will have to make the most important, most difficult decision of her life. . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:06:29 -0400)

While renowned designer Margaux Sullivan was presenting her highly praised collection during New York City's Fashion Week, her husband was cleaning out their bank account. A week after he disappeared, the bank foreclosed on Margaux's apartment and business. She returns to the small coastal town of Crescent Cove, Connecticut, where she once knew love, joy, and family before she put them behind her on the climb to fame. Margaux is soon rediscovering the beauty of the shore... and finding a forgotten place in her heart that wants to love again...… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Beach Colors by was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,036,025 books! | Top bar: Always visible