The Promise by Jessica Sorensen

This book - actually this series was very fun to read. I liked the way she tied everything up and how it all ended. I consider books like these and J.R. Rain's to be "light" reading or fun reading. They're definetly a guilty pleasure I don't mind indulging in. And with the price they're well worth it. I always mention her Darkness Falls series which I absolutely love. That was the first series of hers that I read before trying these and you can just tell that with each book she becomes better and better at telling her story. If you like the rest of the Fallen Star series then this book won't let you down. Sorry not much of a discription but I hate spoilers so I refuse to give anything but my thoughts away. ( )
  Jamiesbookblog | Feb 12, 2014 |
My one word review of this book: Rushed.

This was clearly rushed out to meet demands as evidence by the chopping writing, poor plotting and numerous grammar and spelling errors.

I wish the author had cut down on the useless situation-escape-situation-escape and flushed out the scenes. I would have loved to understand Annabella's motivations more, for instance.

If you've read the series, it's worth seeing how it ends. But like book 3, there are a lot of unnecessary characters and scenes and that should have been chopped.

Also, author's should be *incredibly* careful about the multiple points of view. Other than the pronouns, Alex's voice was exactly like Gemma's and there was no differentiation. It's a really hard technique to pull off and this just failed. ( )
  ErikaWasTaken | Sep 22, 2013 |
I was blown away by this whole series. I loved it, and could not put the book down (my kindle, lol) until I finished the whole book. This final installment did NOT disappoint. I loved how Gemma and Alex finally figured out their feelings for each other. Loved how we actually got to see 2 endings, the visions, and what really happens. It was great. I am actually reading the series over again, can't get enough. I can't wait for the spin off book. The Lost Soul (Fallen Souls Series book 1)

Visit Jessica Sorensen to see all of her books. If you liked this series, then check out her new series called Darkness Falls and the 2nd in series Darkness Breaks
Check out my blog for more reviews and extras http://concisebookreviewsbymichelle.blogspot.com/ ( )
  ConciseReviews | Jun 2, 2012 |

My name is Gemma Lucas and my life's a mess. Alex is gone, my dad's trapped in his own mind, and my mom's working for the dark side. Not to mention Nicholas refuses to quit haunting me. The world has also entered apocalyptic mode. Everyday more vampires, witches, and fey run the streets. Innocent people are dying.… (more)

Jessica Sorensen is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,506,268 books! | Top bar: Always visible