Hidden (House of Night) by P. C. Cast

Hidden (House of Night) (edition 2012)

by P. C. Cast, Kristin Cast

4191525,318 (3.68)4
Member:LomiraQCLibrary
Title:Hidden (House of Night)
Authors:P. C. Cast
Other authors:Kristin Cast
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2012), Edition: Har/Pstr, Hardcover, 320 pages
Tags:t1212

Hidden by P. C. Cast

I thought that this book was irritating. There were some things that I liked about this, but I found the characters to be frustrating, selfish, and exactly what they have been 'fighting' against this whole time. After 10 books they hold grudges, and refuse to believe that people change, or can make life changes, or choose good even if they haven't always. Zoey was the most irritating of them all. She acts so self important and in charge when really she did not contribute much at all to this book. I think it's time to wrap this series up. Like 3 or so books ago. ( )
  AngelaRenea | May 12, 2014 |
This book was OK but I seriously think they have stretched this series too far. Will read the next one I'm sure because I'm a gluten for punishment! lol ( )
  amydnoland | Mar 31, 2014 |
My initial thought after starting this book was I wasn't sure if I was going to like it flipping constantly from viewpoint to viewpoint. (Which is what I thought it was going to do with the sections labeled with names.) Then I came to understand that it was more a concentration on one character. Which wasn't so bad once you figure it out and get used to it.

The teenager characters are believable and relate able, even if you aren't a teenager. Even if they are dealing with a supernatural end of the world darkness, the underlying reactions and emotions are similar to real life. Sometimes the constant bickering between the "Friends" got to be a little much, but I guess it's to be expected from a book about teenagers. I found myself agreeing with Thanatos.. in part of the book she said, "How can we battle the great and ancient Darkness that has been newly loosed upon this world if we are no more than bickering children?"

I know that a series has to have an overlying story arc, but to me to have a "the whole world is ending and I have to find a way to stop it" issue in every book is a little much. I guess I wonder why it has to be so dramatic and almost over the top... It's almost like what people say about the Die Hard movies, there is no way that one man can get into that much trouble or walk into that much. I don't see how one little group of teenagers could really get pulled into so much.

There was plenty of interesting twists and turns in this book to keep me reading. When the group isn't bickering and being annoying in general I enjoyed the story a lot. Overall I liked the book, and the characters did grow personally in this one.

I hope this review doesn't come across as me ranting.. That is not my intention, just how I felt while reading the book.

Krisrich85 | Oct 8, 2013 |
This may have been my favorite House of Night book yet. There wasn't a whole lot of action, but there was enough at the end (as usual) and some interesting surprises.

I'm very unhappy to have to wait a year for the next book, though! ( )
  mrso822 | Sep 21, 2013 |
REVIEW: with spoilers. Be warned.

Okay... So, Hidden is the tenth, yes, you read it right, book in the House of Night Series which was released last October 16th. Uh, the book started where Destined, the ninth book, left off. Or more accurately, in the first chapter of this book, it was showing Neferet and what she's doing before Aurox went to Grandma Redbird's home and wreck havoc by killing Dragon Langford (Is the surname right?). So the concept is pretty good. Okay-ish. But as we all know it's really slow right from the start of this series.

I mean, I'm pretty sure almost all of you wants Neferet to drop dead as in right now, yes? I believe my friends wanted to know if Neferet dies in this book. I'll tell you later. I know you people don't have the energy to read this anymore. So yes, I'm gonna spoil it for ya.

There's good in this book. We all know how Zoey and the rest of the nerd herds plus the Queen of Bitch, Aphrodite are all 'bickering children', Thanatos words not mine but I so agree with her. And that didn't actually change from the start of the book. Plus, Zoey is being her whiny self and wallowing with grief and her snot. That didn't change too. BUT, Thank the Goddess, after 20 Chapters I think, the Goddess Nyx actually rephrase this "stop being whiny, you're not helping yourself or anyone for that matter. Stop bawling your eyes out" in a super nice way to Zoey. LOL.

Oh, remember how Erin and Shaunee un-Twined in the ninth book? Well, Erin became a bitch. As in real bitch and decided to hang out and make out (ugh, ewww) with Dallas. Shaunee is pretty nice and started to have her own identity which they all love. Also, there's Shaylin, the first red fledgling that was marked. She was gifted by Nyx the True Sight, she could see auras plus... SPOILER ALERT, she replaced Erin's place as water in the circle.

Aurox... I think we all know who Zoey saw in the Seer stone in Destined. Heath. Yes, Zoey's dead boyfriend. Heath's soul is inside Aurox's body. He became Aurox's humanity. That is why Aurox run back in the house of Grandma.

And then there's Neferet. I was like "It's not really surprising that they'll shun you, you know." when the High Council decided against her. And she has the face to look shock at that one. Seriously, you are one heck of a nutcase, Neferet. So I was whooping for joy for about a minute when she fall off that damn balcony and said "Finally! Die, Neferet! Die!" And I actually believe it for that whole minute... BUT suddenly, I remembered that that insane woman is now freakin' immortal. Oh, for the love of all things holy. When will you die, Neferet?!

For ten books, you give them pain and sorrow... When will they have the chance to kill you for good? Sigh. From the start, she's the main enemy... UNTIL NOW. and STILL her.

2.5 stars. It's not that bad, not that good either. Gueas that's it. Oh, by the way, Kalona was now in the good side and I think on his way to Nyx's forgiveness. And Erebus is just so freakin' selfish. I hope the Goddess zap him. >:( ( )
  lexiechan | Sep 10, 2013 |

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Neferet's true nature has been revealed to the Vampyre High Council, so Zoey and the gang might finally get some help in defending themselves and their beloved school against a gathering evil that grows stronger every day. And they'll need it, because Neferet's not going down without a fight.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,500,651 books! | Top bar: Always visible