Hidden (House of Night) by P. C. Cast

Hidden (House of Night) (edition 2012)

by P. C. Cast, Kristin Cast

Member:LomiraQCLibrary
Title:Hidden (House of Night)
Authors:P. C. Cast
Other authors:Kristin Cast
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2012), Edition: Har/Pstr, Hardcover, 320 pages
Tags:t1212

Hidden by P. C. Cast

This book is horrible. I have read all the other 9 books, so I cant just abandoned the series now. It's a relief that only two more books are left.

There is absolutely no plot in this book. Nothing happened, absolutely nothing. The book was painstakingly boring. I am bored out of my mind by the same invoking of elements in the circle. For heaven sake pls stop it. I don't need any more description of the elements and its damn circle.

What the hell the authors are doing with Erin's character! They just have to create some versatility in the characters. So yeah go ahead and lets make her evil. And amazing friends she had. They didn't spare a minute to give her or worry about her going evil!

AT the end of the book the biggest secret was revealed. Guess what, guess what! Aurax is actually Heath. Oh really? I had no clue. Such a great twist, it made my heart stop with surprise!

And God knows from where, out of the blue some magic spell saved the day. It didn't have any explanation, any connection at all. It didn't feel like magic to me at all. It felt utterly stupid to me. And after the fall when Nefret was suppose to die, she didn't die. Of course, she is an immortal! But she turned into thousand spiders!!! Really, really? You couldn't think of anything else!

At the end of the book, I can't stand any of them. I just wish they all die, all of them. Then at least this misery will be over and I will be able to get rid of this headache of a series for good. ( )
  sreeparna | Jul 27, 2014 |
I thought that this book was irritating. There were some things that I liked about this, but I found the characters to be frustrating, selfish, and exactly what they have been 'fighting' against this whole time. After 10 books they hold grudges, and refuse to believe that people change, or can make life changes, or choose good even if they haven't always. Zoey was the most irritating of them all. She acts so self important and in charge when really she did not contribute much at all to this book. I think it's time to wrap this series up. Like 3 or so books ago. ( )
  AngelaRenea | May 12, 2014 |
This book was OK but I seriously think they have stretched this series too far. Will read the next one I'm sure because I'm a gluten for punishment! lol ( )
  amydnoland | Mar 31, 2014 |
My initial thought after starting this book was I wasn't sure if I was going to like it flipping constantly from viewpoint to viewpoint. (Which is what I thought it was going to do with the sections labeled with names.) Then I came to understand that it was more a concentration on one character. Which wasn't so bad once you figure it out and get used to it.

The teenager characters are believable and relate able, even if you aren't a teenager. Even if they are dealing with a supernatural end of the world darkness, the underlying reactions and emotions are similar to real life. Sometimes the constant bickering between the "Friends" got to be a little much, but I guess it's to be expected from a book about teenagers. I found myself agreeing with Thanatos.. in part of the book she said, "How can we battle the great and ancient Darkness that has been newly loosed upon this world if we are no more than bickering children?"

I know that a series has to have an overlying story arc, but to me to have a "the whole world is ending and I have to find a way to stop it" issue in every book is a little much. I guess I wonder why it has to be so dramatic and almost over the top... It's almost like what people say about the Die Hard movies, there is no way that one man can get into that much trouble or walk into that much. I don't see how one little group of teenagers could really get pulled into so much.

There was plenty of interesting twists and turns in this book to keep me reading. When the group isn't bickering and being annoying in general I enjoyed the story a lot. Overall I liked the book, and the characters did grow personally in this one.

I hope this review doesn't come across as me ranting.. That is not my intention, just how I felt while reading the book.

Krisrich85 | Oct 8, 2013 |
This may have been my favorite House of Night book yet. There wasn't a whole lot of action, but there was enough at the end (as usual) and some interesting surprises.

I'm very unhappy to have to wait a year for the next book, though! ( )
  mrso822 | Sep 21, 2013 |

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Neferet's true nature has been revealed to the Vampyre High Council, so Zoey and the gang might finally get some help in defending themselves and their beloved school against a gathering evil that grows stronger every day. And they'll need it, because Neferet's not going down without a fight.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,353,954 books! | Top bar: Always visible