Coveted by Shawntelle Madison

Series: Coveted (1)

Member:kmartin802
Title:Coveted
Authors:Shawntelle Madison
Info:Ballantine Books (2012), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Tags:Paranormal, Werewolves

Coveted by Shawntelle Madison

Okay, this book was pretty bad. The main character was a werewolf and could not have been more of a victim if she had tried!!! First of all, whoever heard of a supernatural creature with OCD? Not that I'm belittling mental or personality disorders mind you, but in a WEREWOLF fiction, it gets a little silly. Second, for someone who can shapeshift onto a giant carnivore, this woman was constantly in danger. To top it all off, she followed her ex boyfriend around like a lost puppy (pun intended) even after finding out he was engaged to another woman for political reasons. Pretty pathetic. If I wanted relationship drama I'd look at Facebook. ( )
  novaengliae | Dec 20, 2015 |
Even thought I pretty much knew what was going to happen in this book (since I read book #2 - Kept first), I still was enthralled from beginning to end. I LOVE this series. Definitely a must read. ( )
  seanbata | Jun 14, 2015 |
Natalya Stravinsky is a werewolf…with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). In her human form, she works forCoveted by Shawntelle Madison a goblin selling antiques to other mystical creatures. Thorn, Natalya’s ex-lover, returns to town to lead the pack against the newest threat, a pack from Long Island, New York, which is intent on capturing Nat, and taking over South Tom’s River,NJ.

This was a rather fun read. I identified so much with Nat, as I struggle with OCD myself. My downfall is Musical Carousal’s.

I have to say that I’m not Thorn’s fan at all. I found him to be quite unlikeable. It felt like he was constantly toying with Nat and her emotions. He has been promised to another werewolf by his father, the leader of the South Tom’s pack, yet he keeps doing things that lead Nat to believe there could be a chance.

Enter the good looking magician, Nick. He’s got some problems of his own, and he understands some of what Natalya is going through, but can he get past her love for Thorn, who left several years ago and has only now returned, to get married…to someone else? Personally, I hope he can.

I recommend Coveted to anyone who likes knowing that the supernatural creatures have their own quirks like we ‘normals’ do. On a rating scale, this would be a ****1/2 for sure. I so want to read the second installment, Kept now.

Thank you, Shawntelle for the opportunity to read and review Coveted.

(Disclaimer: I received a free copy of the print version as a gift from a contest. It was my own decision to review and was not asked for, nor expected.) ( )
  Sirsangel | Jan 17, 2015 |
This is book one in the Coveted series. I read book two first (Kept)and really liked it. So, when I saw that netgalley was offering book one as an e-arc, I jumped on it. I loved the characters in Kept and was looking forward to getting the background information that I had missed by reading book two first.

I loved this book! Loved it enough to give it 5 stars! Shawntelle does such an amazing job at humanizing her main character, Natalya, and really explaining her anxiety disorder and OCD through Natalya’s experiences and thoughts. The situations that Natalya found herself in and her reactions to them were believable (well, as a believable as a werewolf’s situation can be).

The flow and writing of this book was perfect. I found it to be one of the better written novels in this genre. I’m already looking forward to book three and am hoping for more Nick (or maybe even a spin-off series for Nick?)

I received this book free from net-gallery in return for an honest review. I’ve actually become such a fan of Shawntelle’s that I joined her “street team” of readers. :) ( )
  jsamaha | Mar 14, 2014 |
  HeartlessOne42 | Nov 14, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345529189, Mass Market Paperback)

SOMETIMES WHAT YOU COVET IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KEEP.

For werewolf Natalya Stravinsky, the supernatural is nothing extraordinary. What does seem strange is that she's stuck in her hometown of South Toms River, New Jersey, the outcast of her pack, selling antiques to finicky magical creatures. Restless and recovering from her split with gorgeous ex-boyfriend, Thorn, Nat finds comfort in an unusual place: her obsessively collected stash of holiday trinkets. But complications pile up faster than her ornaments when Thorn returns home--and the two discover that the spark between them remains intense.

Before Nat can sort out their relationship, she must face a more immediate and dangerous problem. Her pack is under attack from the savage Long Island werewolves--and Nat is their first target in a turf war. Toss in a handsome wizard vying for her affection, a therapy group for the anxious and enchanted, and the South Toms River pack leader ready to throw her to the wolves, and it's enough to give anybody a panic attack. With the stakes as high as the full moon, Nat must summon all of her strength to save her pack and, ultimately, herself.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:59 -0400)

An outcast of her pack, werewolf Natalya Stravinsky, who sells antiques to magical creatures, is targeted by the savage Long Island werewolves--an attack that sends her running into the arms of her gorgeous ex-boyfriend Thorn and garners the attention of a handsome wizard who wants to claim her as his own.… (more)

Shawntelle Madison is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,472,007 books! | Top bar: Always visible