A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery

A Fool's Gold Christmas (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Susan Mallery

Member:KrisinKW
Title:A Fool's Gold Christmas
Authors:Susan Mallery
Info:Harlequin HQN (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 320 pages
Collections:2012, Fool's Gold, Read but unowned

A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery (2012)

Recently added byprivate library, TracyPrice, Dawn772, bev.giblin, sandiez63, cc1158, cynthiadogmom, Shine101, awssis

*I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

This is the first book on this series that I read but, even though it was apparent that several of the characters on it where protagonists in previous books in the series, it’s not necessary to read them because each story is independent.

The protagonists are Evie Stryker and Dante Jefferson, both newly arrived at Fool's Gold. But, unlike Dante, who only moved there because his best friend and business partner (and Evie’s brother) also moved there, to Evie it was a return to her home town. And to the familiarity of the family with whom she has had practically no contact with since she left home at seventeen to go to Julliard to study dance... And the truth is that the decision to return to Fool's Gold wasn't even hers, but her family’s that brought her back after the accident that ended her dancing career.

And that is how Evie finds herself living in a town she practically doesn't even remember and assuming control of the dance studio in which she got employed, after the manager of it left town all of a sudden, and having to assemble the annual Christmas show for which there are no instructions available... It’s no wonder she’s not really feeling the Christmas spirit, is it?

And then there is the matter of the family that never really cared about her, all of a sudden, suffocating her with motherly and brotherly love. However, Evie never really felt as part of the family and her mother’s attempts of getting close are too little, too late, as far as she’s concerned. So Evie’s plan is to put up with Christmas and New Year and save enough to leave Fool’s Gold.

Not all is bad though, because Evie discovers that her brother’s business partner, whose office is on the ground floor of the dance studio where she works, is her neighbour. And he seems to share her aversion to all things Christmas. And, as they spend more and more time together, and realize the attraction they feel is mutual, somehow starting over in Fool's Gold doesn’t seem like such a ridiculous notion to Evie. Of course she will have to overcome her issues with her family and Dante also has a trauma stopping him to ever becoming attached to a woman to overcome but, with a little bit of Christmas magic, it may just be possible.

I liked the story and I’m going to keep following the series. Even if it’s the type of book that always leaves me feeling sorry that these small towns only exist in fiction... ( )
  landslide | Feb 17, 2015 |
I liked this holiday romance centered around a Christmas ballet pageant The heroine was the star of the story showing her inner strength but the hero was a jerk with insufficient atonement. Attorney Dante goes to complain about the noisy dancing above his office and finds the teacher Evie is his partners sister.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
A fools Gold Christmas (book 9.5)
Susan Mallery

2 1/2 stars

I am usually a HUGE fan of fools gold. I go out and buy the books as soon as they come out since discovering this series.

With that said, I wish I had just started patience and justice's book. This one just didnt do it for me.

Evie was enstranged from her whole family for most of her life yet it took her very little time to trust them. Dont get me wrong I love that she decidee to be with her family, but it would take me a while a long while to accept them back.

I didnt like the hero Dante. Just something about him bugged me. He was not very likeable in my eyes.

I did like reading about the town I always enjoy hearing aboit the older characters :)

I wouldnt recommend this book, id say just go on to Just One Kiss. ( )
  Courtney_Chance | Jun 19, 2014 |
A move away from my normal reading but quite enjoyable. ( )
  Marlerb | Jun 8, 2014 |
Jaded Lawyer Dante is trying to get used to being in Fool's Gold, but the dance studio above his head is giving him a headache. Meanwhile, the dance teacher, who is in Fool's Gold healing from an injury, isn't too happy that the senior dance teacher takes off and leaves her in charge of the Christmas program - with no direction what-so-ever. And Scrooge Dante downstairs isn't helping matters with his complaints. Will she be able to pull this off? ( )
  nancynova | Apr 18, 2014 |

Susan Malleryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eby, TanyaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

The unrelenting cheer in Fool's Gold, California, is bringing out the humbug in dancer Evie Stryker. She learned early on that Christmas miracles don't happen, at least not for her. And this year seems like no exception. An injury has forced her to return to the family fold, no matter that they're estranged. She won't add to the awkward scenario by being seduced by the bad-boy charms of her brother's best friend, the last man she should ever want to date. Even when she's recruited to stage the Fool's Gold winter festival, she vows to do as promised, then move forward with her life anywhere but here.Jaded lawyer Dante Jefferson is getting used to the backwater town he now reluctantly calls home, but the pounding of little dancers' feet above his temporary office is more than any man should have to take! When he confronts their gorgeous teacher, he's unprepared for the attraction that sears him down to the soul. Evie is his best friend's sister--off-limits unless he's willing to risk his heart. Dante has always believed that love is the most dangerous force in the universe, but that was before he had to reckon with the magic of a certain small town, where miracles do seem to happen....

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:48 -0400)

When an injury forces her to return home to Fool's Gold, and into the fold of her estranged family, dancer Evie Stryker, who doesn't believe in Christmas miracles, agrees to stage the winter festival and then plans to leave town, but her brother's best friend has other plans for her.… (more)

Susan Mallery is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

144 wanted3 pay6 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,258,680 books! | Top bar: Always visible