Arrr! (Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day)

A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery

A Fool's Gold Christmas (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Susan Mallery

Member:KrisinKW
Title:A Fool's Gold Christmas
Authors:Susan Mallery
Info:Harlequin HQN (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 320 pages
Collections:2012, Fool's Gold, Read but unowned

A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery (2012)

A fools Gold Christmas (book 9.5)
Susan Mallery

2 1/2 stars

I am usually a HUGE fan of fools gold. I go out and buy the books as soon as they come out since discovering this series.

With that said, I wish I had just started patience and justice's book. This one just didnt do it for me.

Evie was enstranged from her whole family for most of her life yet it took her very little time to trust them. Dont get me wrong I love that she decidee to be with her family, but it would take me a while a long while to accept them back.

I didnt like the hero Dante. Just something about him bugged me. He was not very likeable in my eyes.

I did like reading about the town I always enjoy hearing aboit the older characters :)

I wouldnt recommend this book, id say just go on to Just One Kiss. ( )
  Courtney_Chance | Jun 19, 2014 |
A move away from my normal reading but quite enjoyable. ( )
  Marlerb | Jun 8, 2014 |
Jaded Lawyer Dante is trying to get used to being in Fool's Gold, but the dance studio above his head is giving him a headache. Meanwhile, the dance teacher, who is in Fool's Gold healing from an injury, isn't too happy that the senior dance teacher takes off and leaves her in charge of the Christmas program - with no direction what-so-ever. And Scrooge Dante downstairs isn't helping matters with his complaints. Will she be able to pull this off? ( )
  nancynova | Apr 18, 2014 |
Another Fool's Gold boo

This is Evie's story.

What man does she want?

Anthony?
Gideon?
Dante? ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Ya know, I may have reached my Fool's Gold saturation level.
I enjoyed this in that I finished it. I really liked Evie and Dante, but then I really liked all the Fool's Gold H/h.

But it seemed like I have read this story with these people in this town too many times.

There was a mother-daughter estrangement (been there, done that in Fool's Gold); there was a lot of elephant talk (been there, done that in Fool's Gold); there was "I don't want to love you because I have loved and lost before" (been there, done that in Fool's Gold); there was a fib to extricate from a situation of their own making (been there, done that in Fool's Gold); and then there was a very public proclamation of love for all eternity that Ms. Mallery even acknowledged in the narrative had been there, done that.

But the writing is crisp, the characters are lovely/loveable, and everything is controlled by the ever-omnipotent Mayor Marsha, who will now wear jeans apparently. In the next book if we can have her found in full dominatrix gear, we can do our own Fifty Shades of Gold.

I have said I won't read any more of these before; but I, of course, have been sucked in on the abundant sequel bait, waiting for Gideon's story which I feel will also be Patience's story. We shall see.
There are worse towns to hang out in, I guess. There is definitely tranquility in them thar hills.
  paideiamom | Sep 22, 2013 |

Susan Malleryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eby, TanyaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

The unrelenting cheer in Fool's Gold, California, is bringing out the humbug in dancer Evie Stryker. She learned early on that Christmas miracles don't happen, at least not for her. And this year seems like no exception. An injury has forced her to return to the family fold, no matter that they're estranged. She won't add to the awkward scenario by being seduced by the bad-boy charms of her brother's best friend, the last man she should ever want to date. Even when she's recruited to stage the Fool's Gold winter festival, she vows to do as promised, then move forward with her life anywhere but here.Jaded lawyer Dante Jefferson is getting used to the backwater town he now reluctantly calls home, but the pounding of little dancers' feet above his temporary office is more than any man should have to take! When he confronts their gorgeous teacher, he's unprepared for the attraction that sears him down to the soul. Evie is his best friend's sister--off-limits unless he's willing to risk his heart. Dante has always believed that love is the most dangerous force in the universe, but that was before he had to reckon with the magic of a certain small town, where miracles do seem to happen....

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:48 -0400)

When an injury forces her to return home to Fool's Gold, and into the fold of her estranged family, dancer Evie Stryker, who doesn't believe in Christmas miracles, agrees to stage the winter festival and then plans to leave town, but her brother's best friend has other plans for her.… (more)

Susan Mallery is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

144 wanted2 pay6 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,740,339 books! | Top bar: Always visible