A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan…

A Fool's Gold Christmas (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Susan Mallery

118None107,352 (3.88)5
Member:CalicoCat
Title:A Fool's Gold Christmas
Authors:Susan Mallery
Info:Harlequin HQN (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 320 pages
Collections:Read but unowned, Read 2013
Tags:Romance, Series, Kindle book

A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery (2012)

Jaded Lawyer Dante is trying to get used to being in Fool's Gold, but the dance studio above his head is giving him a headache. Meanwhile, the dance teacher, who is in Fool's Gold healing from an injury, isn't too happy that the senior dance teacher takes off and leaves her in charge of the Christmas program - with no direction what-so-ever. And Scrooge Dante downstairs isn't helping matters with his complaints. Will she be able to pull this off? ( )
  nancynova | Mar 22, 2014 |
Another Fool's Gold boo

This is Evie's story.

What man does she want?

Anthony?
Gideon?
Dante? ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Ya know, I may have reached my Fool's Gold saturation level.
I enjoyed this in that I finished it. I really liked Evie and Dante, but then I really liked all the Fool's Gold H/h.

But it seemed like I have read this story with these people in this town too many times.

There was a mother-daughter estrangement (been there, done that in Fool's Gold); there was a lot of elephant talk (been there, done that in Fool's Gold); there was "I don't want to love you because I have loved and lost before" (been there, done that in Fool's Gold); there was a fib to extricate from a situation of their own making (been there, done that in Fool's Gold); and then there was a very public proclamation of love for all eternity that Ms. Mallery even acknowledged in the narrative had been there, done that.

But the writing is crisp, the characters are lovely/loveable, and everything is controlled by the ever-omnipotent Mayor Marsha, who will now wear jeans apparently. In the next book if we can have her found in full dominatrix gear, we can do our own Fifty Shades of Gold.

I have said I won't read any more of these before; but I, of course, have been sucked in on the abundant sequel bait, waiting for Gideon's story which I feel will also be Patience's story. We shall see.
There are worse towns to hang out in, I guess. There is definitely tranquility in them thar hills.
  paideiamom | Sep 22, 2013 |
A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery
ISBN: 9780373777020
Dante Jefferson a lawyer had rented some space at the dance studio but he needed some quiet time where he would be able to talk to his partner overseas.
Evangeline Stryker is Rafe's sister and she's at the studio. Her mother is May and she has raised 4 boys til her husband died, had a weekend fling and Evie was the result. She felt like an outsider cuz of the age difference and nobody knows who her father is.
She stumped what she is to do with 60 girls that need to be taught how to dance for the annual Christmas Eve show. The instructor has left town with her male friend and Evie has no clue what to do with the girls.
She approached her sister in law to be, Charlie the woman firefighter for some help.
Charlie tells her who to contact for all the aspects of the event, things the people in town do every year. The townsfolk help everybody out, as in turn help when needed.
Thanksgiving day was going to be a new thing for Evie who's not used to being around friends, and relatives. The girls only meet at Jo's Bar, watching the parade on TV then off to Rafe's for the big dinner.
Dante pairs up with Evie as they go around town to do the props for the CE ballet/event. They practice kissing also as they know they will be under a mistletoe this season.
Love this town and how comfortable they make everyone feel. Catching up with everybody and what's new in their life's is always fun. It's not too confusing.
Day after the holiday the townsfolk were busy redoing all the autumn scenes with ones for Christmas.
It resembled a magical wonderland, like a snow globe.
Second chances for each of them involves different things, different people. Someone they want to impress that they can be proud of...
Evie spreads herself thin by accepting to do charity work during the holiday season, she just wants to fit in... ( )
  jbarr5 | Jul 26, 2013 |
Evie & Dante

Evie Stryker has only been back in Fool's Gold for a few months after sustaining an injury from being trampled by a professional football player on the field where she was a cheerleader for the L.A. Stallions. Her estranged mom and three brothers brought her home while still unconscious and she's none too happy about being there. They have a lot of fixing to do to get their family dynamic back on track as she was always treated as an outsider in the family. She's been working as a dance instructor at the local children's dance studio when the head teacher takes off unexpectedly to get married. She's left with the chore of organizing the yearly Christmas dance recital.

Her brother, Rafe's, colleague and attorney, Dante Jefferson, has also moved to town for business since Rafe has recently married and relocated there.

They both are big city types and find they both roll their eyes at the same things about living in a small town. They also have histories with their past relationships with their families and decide to help each other get through the holidays. They have a great connection (as friends) with each other from the beginning as well as great chemistry and they are a fun couple to watch.

This was a great story all around with likeable characters to root for. My one complaint is a lame spotlight stealing scene at the end when they pronounce their feelings for each other. ( )
  AddictedToMorphemes | Apr 7, 2013 |

Susan Malleryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eby, TanyaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

The unrelenting cheer in Fool's Gold, California, is bringing out the humbug in dancer Evie Stryker. She learned early on that Christmas miracles don't happen, at least not for her. And this year seems like no exception. An injury has forced her to return to the family fold, no matter that they're estranged. She won't add to the awkward scenario by being seduced by the bad-boy charms of her brother's best friend, the last man she should ever want to date. Even when she's recruited to stage the Fool's Gold winter festival, she vows to do as promised, then move forward with her life anywhere but here.Jaded lawyer Dante Jefferson is getting used to the backwater town he now reluctantly calls home, but the pounding of little dancers' feet above his temporary office is more than any man should have to take! When he confronts their gorgeous teacher, he's unprepared for the attraction that sears him down to the soul. Evie is his best friend's sister--off-limits unless he's willing to risk his heart. Dante has always believed that love is the most dangerous force in the universe, but that was before he had to reckon with the magic of a certain small town, where miracles do seem to happen....

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:48 -0400)

When an injury forces her to return home to Fool's Gold, and into the fold of her estranged family, dancer Evie Stryker, who doesn't believe in Christmas miracles, agrees to stage the winter festival and then plans to leave town, but her brother's best friend has other plans for her.… (more)

Susan Mallery is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

144 wanted2 pay6 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,475,230 books! | Top bar: Always visible