Arrival of the Traveler: Waldgrave by A. L.…

Arrival of the Traveler: Waldgrave (edition 2011)

by A. L. Tyler

Member:StaceyKathleen
Title:Arrival of the Traveler: Waldgrave
Authors:A. L. Tyler
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2011), Paperback, 356 pages

Arrival of the Traveler: Waldgrave by A. L. Tyler

i thought this was a wonderful read. loved the cover... ( )
  dstawarz | Apr 25, 2014 |
Author: A.L. Tyler
Published By: A.L. Tyler
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Book Blog For: GMTA
Rating: 4
Review:

"Arrival of the Traveler" by A.L. Tyler was some interesting read especially if you are into the paranormal, sci-fi and magic all rolled up into one. This author will keep you busy with this captivated story. From this read you will have a heroine who was a protagonist that was definitely strong, well determined to overcome all the obstacles and disaster that she had to face.

"Lena is thrust into a world of political intrigue and plots - a world all the Silenti inhabit. She learns that true Silenti don't speak out loud, they are all telepaths and therefore just think to one another to carry on private conversations as well as public debates and conversations. Yet Lena is unable to do that - she learns to hear others and respond, but only if they are "speaking" directly to her." "She will have to learn to navigate through social, religious and political pitfall's in her new life."

This author did a wonderful job at allowing the reader to be connected with this complex relationship that was so strange throughout this novel. There were characters all over the place. Some were very interesting while there were a few that were not so lovable. This will be one read that you will have to stay on your toes...keeping up with it.

"Arrival of the Traveler" will be a interesting and fascinating novel of family and betrayal and will keep you wondering what will happen next. If you are in to this type of genre read you will be ready for the next sequel. ( )
  arlenadean | May 7, 2013 |
Arrival of the Traveler— I received this book from Library Thing to read and review. The story line was good. There were some places in the book where it was hard to determine who was speaking which made the reading a little slow trying to discern the speaker. I will read the next book, I want to see how the relationships flesh out. ( )
  mdhallauer | Apr 5, 2013 |
The Silenti are not like humans though there is enough resemblance that they can live among us after having passed through the portal. Some of them wish to go home, others do not, and opening the portal appears to coincide with many of the disasters that have taken place throughout history. Many of the Silenti are unconcerned believing humans to be beneath them. Lena realizes none of this until her father dies and she is sent to live with her uncle, to discover that she is Silenti royalty. She finds herself embroiled in a debate between the two factions, but those that hope she will just follow her pre-ordained path will find that she is her own person and has her own plans. This is a fairly good YA novel - the first in a trilogy that follows Lena as she seeks to reform the Silenti culture and politics. Tyler's book critiques politics, gender discrimination, classism, and racism as she addresses these issues in a culture that she has created through the eyes of a young person who wants to make a difference but doesn't know how, and doesn't feel as though she has the power to change things. It is an interesting character study with enough intrigue to hold the reader's attention and enough of the angst of youth to keep the YA reader involved. It was a fairly quick read; and it was engaging with good character development. While I am not the target audience, I found it enjoyable and look forward to reading volumes 2 and 3. ( )
  Al-G | Mar 25, 2013 |
I received this book from Library Thing to read and review. This is not the type of book I generally read. I had a lot of trouble getting into it and did not find the subject/plot at all interesting. I tried, but I just could not like or even enjoy it. I gave up finally. Just not for me. ( )
  KMT01 | Mar 21, 2013 |

A. L. Tyler is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,965,651 books! | Top bar: Always visible