Screwed!: How Foreign Countries Are Ripping…

Screwed!: How Foreign Countries Are Ripping America Off and Plundering Our… (2012)

by Dick Morris, Eileen McGann

15None647,891NoneNone

No reviews

Dick Morrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McGann, Eileenmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062196693, Hardcover)

The bestselling authors return with a blistering exposé of how America is being ripped off by friends and enemies alike—with the help of our own ruling elites.

Our jobs go to China. Foreign aid goes to our enemies. Pakistan uses our money to fund terrorists who attack us. Saudi Arabia, which our soldiers have defended with their lives, funds 90 percent of the world's Islamic fundamentalism. The UN is awash in corruption; its bureaucrats steal the money we give it with total impunity. Fifteen hundred brave American soldiers have died defending the regime in Afghanistan—rated the second-most corrupt in the world! Meanwhile, European bankers and bureaucrats are taking over our economy and preempting our sovereignty.

How do they get away with it? By hiring our own political leaders, as soon as they leave office, to lobby for them to rip us off. Former House Democratic leader Dick Gephardt, for example, sits on the board of an American affiliate of a Chinese company that has been denied the right to operate in the United States because it steals our technology. Former House Republican Appropriations Committee chairman Bob Livingstone represented Libya until just before Gaddafi fell. And we have a president who willingly obliges countries that poach on our sovereignty, refusing to stand up for our interests and our jobs as they confiscate half the royalties from our offshore energy, subject our elected leaders to criminal prosecution if they go to war without UN approval, and tell us what kind of land-use policies we should pursue.

In Screwed!, bestselling authors Dick Morris and Eileen McGann lay bare the unvarnished facts as never before and suggest real, immediate, and specific steps to stop those who undermine our interests and take away our jobs. In the same vein as their previous crusading books—Catastrophe, Fleeced, and Outrage—Morris and McGann have documented, in great depth and detail, exactly how the United States is getting screwed, and how to stop it. They dig up the facts, name names, point fingers, and suggest concrete solutions—independent of partisan politics.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:25 -0400)

Tackling the next threat to America--globalism--two New York Times best-selling authors reveal how foreign countries are pillaging our economy with the help of our own political and business leaders and offer solutions for combating this growing problem.… (more)

26 wanted1 pay1 pay

Average: No ratings.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,489,822 books! | Top bar: Always visible