The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything,…

by Timothy Ferriss

Building upon Timothy Ferriss's internationally successful "4-hour" franchise, "The 4-Hour Chef" transforms the way we cook, eat, and learn. Featuring recipes and cooking tricks from world-renowned chefs, and interspersed with the radically counterintuitive advice Ferriss's fans have come to expect, "The 4-Hour Chef" is a practical but unusual guide to mastering food and cooking, whether you are a seasoned pro or a blank-slate novice.… (more)

Wow! The second time I've checked out this book from the library and will most likely end up buying it. Timothy Ferris gives you more than you anticipated. The books come loaded with information. A lot of it off target, but take what you can and leave the rest is my philosophy. Plus, it's a great bonus for those that can use it. ( )
  jeanbmac | Jul 28, 2020 |
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the accelerated learning bits an the wild food section. The unbridled joy of life and food comes through in this book. Fab. ( )
  Dreamofaredbird | Oct 14, 2016 |
Borrow it. ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
This was a great read with all kinds of different information. Tim has some great advice about experimenting and learning. I keep his list of flavors/spices in my own spice cupboard and refer to it often. ( )
  EllsbethB | May 9, 2015 |
Beginner, intermediate,or expert you have to appreciate the depth of this book. For one its gorgeous, put together in such a way that anyone could follow. And differing from your traditional cookbook, Tim proclaims this is a book about learning, and he's got that right and then some.

He starts with an instruction into learning techniques to master any new skill, language, or career. Then he dissects going to culinary school into sections that make sense and work. From the domestic to the professional you leave the classroom seeing everyone unfolded before you to go back and master what you want, it's Alton you now.

This is the very first cookbook that I've actually read from the first page all the way through to the end including the appendix. I read every recipe including the shorthand and steps to completely grasp the information being offered here. After devouring everything that was provided here, now ill step into each section and start learning these methods knowing by the end I won't be a culinary genius, or even a decent cook, but I can damn well impress my family and friends that I can survive in my own kitchen. ( )
  capiam1234 | Aug 14, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,403,133 books! | Top bar: Always visible