Rumble Fish by S. E. Hinton

Rumble Fish (1975)

by S. E. Hinton

English (26)  Spanish (1)  All languages (27)
I thoroughly disliked this book, partly because I thought it was poorly-written...which is not something I would have expected from this author. Off to the used bookstore it goes. ( )
  fuzzi | Dec 22, 2013 |
This book is nice and okay the outsiders is much better but it's a good story ( )
  fluffypeach | Nov 25, 2013 |
A bit muddled until 2/3 of the way through, then a fairly strong plot emerges, and characters sharpen. I sort of wish she'd started there, though, at that place where the conflict between Rusty-James' worldview shifts because of TMB's mental illness becoming noticeable to him. A good novel, bit a great ending-of-a-novel. ( )
  JWarren42 | Oct 10, 2013 |
Rumble fish review

Rusty James is trying to be like his big bother Motorcycle boy, but Motorcycle boy is care free and doesn’t care for any one. Later on rusty James gets and to big trouble and Motorcycle boy isn’t there to help him.

My thoughts on this book was good cause you can kind of relate to the book and its seems like what is happing in real life in same areas, city, and sates. Also I think that Motorcycle boy should show that he cares for Rusty James, but Rusty James should under stand that Motorcycle boy might want to be alone too.
  emogirl | Jan 15, 2013 |
Rusty-James wants to be like his brother, Motorcycle Boy. Because Motorcycle Boy is the gang leader. He is also tougher than the other people in their gang. Rusty-James wants to be tougher than him. He wants to be the gang leader, all he wants is just be like his brother.
When Motorcycle Boy left town and went to California for a while. Rusty-James was going to get in a fight with Biff Walcox. Before the two gangs start to attack each other, Motorcycle Boy stops it. He then tells Rusty-James, he saw their mother on TV. Rusty-James have always thought she was dead. He haven’t even asked his father about her.

My opinion on this book is that its really good. I like the book. I think that other people will read it, because there is some drama. I would give this book five stars.
  Brookedenter | Jan 15, 2013 |

Has the adaptation

Has as a student's study guide

I ran into Steve a couple of days ago.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440975344, Mass Market Paperback)

“Stylistically superb. . . . This packs a punch that will leave readers of any age reeling.”—School Library Journal, Starred

“Sharper in focus and more mature in style than Hinton’s The Outsiders.”—Booklist

An ALA Best Books for Young Adults

A School Library Journal Best Books of the Year

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:54:22 -0400)

A junior high school boy idolizes his older brother, the coolest, toughest guy in the neighborhood, and wants to be just like him.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,913,925 books! | Top bar: Always visible