Sleep No More (Eve Duncan) by Iris Johansen

Sleep No More (Eve Duncan) (edition 2012)

by Iris Johansen

Member:bookbeat
Title:Sleep No More (Eve Duncan)
Authors:Iris Johansen
Info:St. Martin's Press (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 400 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Tags:library book, eve duncan forensic series

Sleep No More by Iris Johansen

The book was hard to stay with after the first 200 pages when conversations became stilted and repetitive. Some of the murders may have happened with the movement of a wand, as they were dismissed with a sentence or two, and not credible.
I think I'm finished with these characters. Perhaps Ms. Johansen will invent a more believab;e plot with a new group of people, but I won't be rushing to read this author any time soon. ( )
  Patbilly | Apr 29, 2014 |
Interesting enough book. I listed to it on audiobooks. Would give it about 3 stars ( )
  csobolak | Feb 3, 2014 |
I love Iris Johansen's books, this was no exception. I was intrigued by the addition of Beth Avery and her relationship to Eve. I have come to realize that most of the women in the books seem to be self-absorbed and varying degrees of selfish. Eve's mother is a horrible woman, but until these last few books I didn't see it coming out in Eve - Beth is similar as well. I enjoyed the book. I am looking forward to the rest of the series - who knows... ( )
  DragonLibrary8 | May 16, 2013 |
Listened for Review (Brilliance Audio)
Overall Rating 4.50
Character Rating 4.50
Story Rating 450

Audio Rating (not part of the overall): 4.00

First Thought when Finished: Iris Johansen really hit it out of the park with Sleep No More. I love the combination of Eve and Kendra!

Quick Thoughts: Sleep No More combined great characters, a masterful plot, and a quick pace to produce one heck of a read. I really enjoyed seeing Kendra (from her other series) work with Eve in this story. The added element of Eve's sister (that she didn't know about) being thrown into the mix really added oomph to the story. (NOTE: I am kind of hoping that Eve's sister becomes part of Kendra's series). Eve is a fascinating character and her growth in this book was amazing. At its heart, Sleep No More is a mystery/thriller but Iris has a way of throwing in a compelling human aspect that makes me love her books. I highly suggest checking out her work.

Audio Thoughts: Narrated by Elisabeth Rodgers (who does a fantastic job) this is a book/series that I would recommend on Audio. Elisabeth does a great job with pacing and narration of Eve and Kendra.

thehistorychic | Apr 3, 2013 |
Read from November 12 to 13, 2012

Listened for Review (Brilliance Audio)
Overall Rating 4.50
Character Rating 4.50
Story Rating 450

Audio Rating (not part of the overall): 4.00

Final Thoughts: Sleep No More was an excellent addition to the series and I can't wait to see where it goes from here! ( )
  thehistorychic | Nov 28, 2012 |

From the #1 New York Times bestselling author Iris Johansen comes a new thriller that will have Eve Duncan questioning everything she thought she knew about her family and her past

One woman held captive for decades…

Another one freed by the truth…

Forensic sculptor Eve Duncan knows what it's like to be haunted by the past.  For years after her daughter Bonnie was stolen from her, she fought for closure.  But now as she's striving to begin anew, she can't shake the feeling that something terrible is about to happen—or maybe already has.  When her mother, Sandra, asks for help in finding a missing friend named Beth Avery, Eve is sure that she's hiding something.  It’s odd that Sandra would get involved at all, and the fact that she adamantly refuses to go to the police for help reinforces Eve’s suspicions that something is very wrong.

Eve learns that Beth has been locked away in a mental hospital for years, which makes it even harder to understand how she could have disappeared. As Sandra reluctantly reveals small pieces of the truth about Beth's identity, Eve is shocked to discover that their lives are strangely entwined, and Beth's disappearance now puts them all in grave danger.

Desperate, Eve enlists a secret weapon to pick up Beth's trail:  rogue profiler, Kendra Michaels. With an uncanny ability to detect clues and solve puzzles, Kendra begins to uncover the bizarre circumstances of Beth's escape from what should have been the safety of her hospital room. Beth is on the run, and as her mind clears--detoxing from the drugs that have held her prisoner--she begins to see the threads of a twisted plot within the powerful Avery family, threatening to destroy Beth and anyone else who might jeopardize the high-stakes game that is already in play.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:41 -0400)

Entreated by her mother to help find a missing woman who has escaped from a mental hospital, forensic sculptor Eve Duncan is shocked to discover the woman's true identity and enlists the help of rogue FBI profiler Kendra Michaels to survive a plot by a killer who is targeting her family.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,388,691 books! | Top bar: Always visible